new hard drive, needs new install but no disc advice please

Thread: new hard drive, needs new install but no disc advice please

sav1 said:

Help new hard drive, needs new install but no disc advice please

i have a acer laptop ,with a new hard drive because the other broke,on the bottom of the laptop the sticker says xp pro acer incorporated with the key .i dont have any back up disc or windows disc.how can i get windows back onto the this laptop .if its any help it has 4gb of ram advice please thanks

muttleymacclad said:

You need to download an oem version of xp. Obviously you'll need to do this on another pc and burn it as an iso to DVD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sgtbarton said:

Without a backup disc I don't think you can . Normally the original hardisk would have a hidden partition which you can use to restore to factory default . Normally a bundled piece of software comes with the new laptop telling you to do a backup to DVD so U have a disc to help recover if you ever have a faulty hardisk . Obviously you have not done this like many people, you just don't think it will happen to u . The only option you have I guess is to find a copy of windows and use the key on the bottom of laptop. Maybe someone on here has the same laptop with a backup U can have . I have many xp pro discs (oem) that should work with your code pm me ya address n I will post you one . You will still need to get motherboard drivers from their website n have these at hand on cd .

WRATH OF BOD said:

Default Re: new hard drive, needs new install but no disc advice please

as long as the LiC is intact & you can read the key under the laptop. you can use oem xp disk(clean) if its from thease schemes from the schools or council which have no key then you will have to use a cracked copy or find an old pc thats knackerd & use the Lic from that.
    to install windows,then you will need to find the hardware drivers,then activate ether over the net or by phone call to microsoft(automated call)no details given to them.
    shimples

big3card said:

windowz 7 and use the dazz tool , he may have to get the gfx driver but pretty much thats it

sgtbarton said:

Bah

danthescan said:

Download any one you want
    and look here for keys
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

sav1 said:

Thanks very much for all your replies,i got hold of a oem disc loaded it and now its up and running,just need to sort out a few drivers