Close

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Could this be the iPhone 5?

I have seen several leaked photos and a couple of videos now all about this case. There were rumours last year about a smaller charging port and this year the rumours have been an increase in display size and possibly a liquid metal chassis so it is quitep ossible that this is either the new design or at least a genuine prototype. I think a taller phone will look a bit ugly, I was hoping more of the top and bottom black bars would have been used to accommodate the increased display. Other than that it looks similar to the iPhone 4 and looks like they are aiming to be as thin as possible. How this compares to the new Razor I have no idea. It looks like Apple are happy with the majority of the iPhone 4 design, I welcome this as for me the iPhone 4 was so much more attractive than the 3GS.

What are your thoughts?

3 Thanks given to evilsatan

gazza341 (9th June 2012),  littlebilly1 (7th June 2012),  WRATH OF BOD (9th June 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Could this be the iPhone 5?

i saw this video about an hour ago and it seems to be very much like all the rumours have claimed the phone to be like and also matching the spy shots of the casing, whether its the same person releasing their own vids/pics in dribs and drabs i dont know, but all information seems to be following suit.

It wouldnt surprise me if apple are releasing this info and the actual device will look totally dfferent but seems ok from what i saw

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sounds like bollocks, they wont move the headphone port to the bottom, thats just silly and they 100% wont change the data connection port, can you imagine the compatability issues with 3rd party devices such as Bose sound docks etc.....

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's not unheard of. The headphone port is at the bottom on the iPod touches, but does seem odd.
    I've read rumours from other sources that also state a smaller dock port. And as for breaking compatiblity, it wouldn't be the first time. When they dropped FireWire charging, all load of devices stopped working properly. And when they introduced video playing iPods they did something to stop certain third party add ons working, I forget the exact details.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lighty View Post
    Sounds like bollocks, they wont move the headphone port to the bottom, thats just silly and they 100% wont change the data connection port, can you imagine the compatability issues with 3rd party devices such as Bose sound docks etc.....
    take a bet ? saying 100% wont change the data connection port, manufactures do this all time after every so often allows them and 3rd partys to make shit load of extra revenue from upgrade cables, new charger and accessory sales

motorola, nokia, samsung, sony ericsson and even apple have all done it in last cycle time which is usually 5-10 years

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mobileman View Post
    take a bet ? saying 100% wont change the data connection port, manufactures do this all time after every so often allows them and 3rd partys to make shit load of extra revenue from upgrade cables, new charger and accessory sales

motorola, nokia, samsung, sony ericsson and even apple have all done it in last cycle time which is usually 5-10 years
    Exactly what I was thinking earlier, adapter frenzy. . . . lets face it, the changing shape of the iPhone case messed up many a 3rd party design.. . . but not for long!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .