Close

Thread: BOXING

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info BOXING

BOXING

Manny Pacquiao v Timothy Bradley

10/07/12 Start Time: 3am

Massive fight taking place in the early hours of Sunday morning when One of Boxing’s biggest stars in Manny Pacquiao (54-3-2) goes up against undefeated Timothy Bradley (28-0). Before I go into detail about my tip, I want to first say I am tipping the upset win for Timothy Bradley. I look at these fighters, and where they are at in their careers in and out of the boxing ring, and I see a competitive 50/50 fight, which is why at the odds being offered, a Bradley win makes fantastic VALUE.

Manny Pacquiao has great hand speed and power, but it would be fair to say his last 4 or so fights have not been his best. Pacquiao has been fighting fighters who are no longer at their prime, and though most of them have been convincing decision wins, his last fight against Juan Manuel Marquez was one in which Manny had big problems and many experts will say he was lucky to get the points win. Bradley is an undefeated fighter, in his prime and this is a sort of fighter Pacquiao has not fought in a while. In the Marquez fight, Pacquiao struggled with Marquez’s movement and he could have similar problems with Bradley.

Timothy Bradley is one of those fighters who looks like would rather die than lose a boxing fight. He fights with so much heart and determination, but he has skill to go with this too. Bradley has quick hands and fights well close up. Bradley is always in great condition and this will allow him to fight at a quick pace. For Bradley to win this fight, he needs to be aggressive and dictate the pace of the fight

Manny Pacquiao has had a few distractions during this fitness camp which may have compromised his training schedule. Pacquiao has a serious career as a politician in his homeland of the Philippines which takes up a lot of time. He has also been in the news due to his controversial views against gay marriage. There have also been in-camp feuds. It is no secret that there have been problems between Pacquiao’s trainer Freddie Roach and his strength and conditioner Alex Ariza. Ariza left mid camp for a few weeks to help out another fighter to the annoyance of trainer Freddie Roach. Having just seen the weigh in, I was surprised Pacquiao weighed at 147 pounds which is heavier than he’s been in all his recent fights…maybe more indication everything has not been quite right within the Pacquiao camp

Pacquiao is a southpaw, and that along with Tim Bradley’s ‘rush in with head’ form of fighting makes the frequency of severe head butts in this fight very likely. You cannot rule out this fight ending early after a severe head butt and with Bradley likely to start fast this can lead to a technical decision win for Bradley

All in all this is a very competitive fight. Who knows, we may find that Pacquiao is simply levels ahead of Bradley, who maybe has not fought the top opposition Pacquiao has been in the ring with. Manny Pacquiao is capable of knocking Tim Bradley out. This is boxing and he is a quality fighter but for me he seems vulnerable, more so than I have seen in a lot of years. Freddie Roach has been saying that his fighter is as good as ever, but then again is he really going to say otherwise. Manny Pacquiao is 33 years old, and I wonder if this is the fight where all his out of boxing distractions catch up with him. This has a feel of a really big fight, and it may have a very unpredictable end

Tip Recommendations:

10 Unit Stake: 8 units on Timothy Bradley to win @ 4/1 at Betfred, Paddy Power and various others and a cheeky 2 units on Timothy Bradley by KO @ 14/1 at SportingBet (Most other bookmakers offering 10/1 or less)

Thanks to ganjaman2

Bald Bouncer (9th June 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: BOXING

This fight depends on which Manny Pacquiao turns up, if he's on form he should blow Timothy Bradley away and make him look very ordinary but he has distractions which have shown in recent fights but tends to struggle more now at lower weights when he has a similar built fighter, you also have to consider at Pacquiao's age (fights age as well) they don't normally fade they just have a fight and can't do it any more and get blown away.

Personally I think
    Pacquiao with take him out in the 7th but it is going to be a hell of a test for him and could easy go the others way if he isn't fully prepaired.

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

ganjaman2 (9th June 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Should be a good fight, like BB says, Pacquiao needs to be on his game to take this one, which he is more than capable of doing - however his last 2 fights have been a real let down and he looked far from the best pound for boxer in the world.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

its it 3am start for the fight or warm up ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Result
    Spoiler:
    bradley won on points

Thanks
    Karma Level

Result

Spoiler:
    Boxers usually look devastated in defeat but Manny Pacquiao smiled and turned his mind to quick, brutal revenge after being stunned by a controversial split decision loss to Timothy Bradley in their WBO welterweight showdown on Saturday. Pacquiao said he was "100 percent" confident he had won the 12-round fight at the MGM Grand and, like his American challenger Bradley, eagerly looked forward to a rematch on Nov. 10 at a venue yet to be decided.

"I didn't listen to the announcement because I thought I had won (verdicts from) all the judges," Filipino southpaw Pacquiao told reporters after ending an unbeaten run of 15 bouts.

"I respect the decision but 100 percent I believe I won the fight. I don't even remember if he hurt me one punch. He got me with a couple of jabs but I don't remember if he hit me a solid punch in my face.

"I give Bradley credit, maybe three rounds for him because in some rounds I relax. Aside from three rounds, every round I hurt him."
    Pacquiao surrendered his WBO welterweight title after earning one verdict from judge Jerry Roth (115-113) while CJ Ross (115-113) and Duane Ford (115-113) gave the fight to the American.

The Filipino's trainer, Freddie Roach, was dumbfounded by the decision.

"I was very surprised they gave it so close," the bespectacled Roach said. "I had it for Manny by 10 rounds to two."
    Even Bradley sounded surprised at the decision.

"Pacquiao was a tough, tough warrior. This guy can punch, he has speed. He has all the tools," he said.

"I used my ability to clear some rounds, maybe the last five rounds I feel, to get the victory. I am still shocked."
    DISH SERVED COLD

While Pacquiao said he wanted to respect Bradley after a result which was roundly booed by the crowd, he promised to beat the American inside the distance when they next met.

"It will make me a warrior in having this kind of rematch," Pacquiao said, looking to avenge the loss. "I want to finish him before the whole 12 rounds. I want the rematch."
    Bradley, a 5-1 underdog against Pacquiao, was also itching to have the rematch, which he had arrogantly promoted during the build-up to Saturday's fight.

"That was all my idea, pretty much," said the 28-year-old from Palm Springs in California after improving his career record to 29-0 with 12 knockouts.
    "Just part of promoting the fight, hyping it up," he added, addressing reporters from a wheelchair.

"I felt I was going to win this fight so the rematch is in place, the date is there. It's definitely going to be a different fight."

Bradley conceded that hearing the boos from the crowd after the decision had been announced gave him added motivation to get back into the ring with Pacquiao.

"I'm happy to be the new welterweight champion but I definitely would like to do this again," said the American, who was back in the ring for the first time since he retained his WBO junior welterweight title by stopping Cuba's Joel Casamayor in November.

"I heard all the boos at the end of the fight, which is okay because we need to do this again. Let's make this more decisive."

Bradley spoke to the media while sitting in a wheelchair before being taken to hospital to have a check on his ankles, which he said he had twisted during the second round.

"I injured my left foot in the second round, twisted my ankle, and now both of my ankles are swollen," he added. "I got hit with some big shots early on but I persevered and went through the pain."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Result was a load of bollox the crowd said it all 'a result which was roundly booed by the crowd' so looks like you can kiss goodbye to a Mayweather showdown.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    Result

Spoiler:

Result was a load of bollox the crowd said it all 'a result which was roundly booed by the crowd' so looks like you can kiss goodbye to a Mayweather showdown.
    Spoiler:
    I don't think there would have ever been one anyway. Mayweather always seemed afraid of Manny.
    It reminds me of the dancing around Tyson/Lewis when they were both at thier prime. In the end we got the match after Tyson was past it, I hope we can get them both together soon.

Thanks to funkyg

Bald Bouncer (10th June 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Manny can't deal with counter punchers. Mayweather would rape him

Thanks
    Karma Level

I just watched the fight, incredible decision. Manny should have turned the screw in the later rounds and knocked him out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    I just watched the fight, incredible decision. Manny should have turned the screw in the later rounds and knocked him out.
    I just watched it again and the decision was a joke Manny landed about 100 more punches and 90 more power punches, Bradley never landed a single punch that even looked like bothering him.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Weekend’s Boxing Tips

After correctly predicting Timothy Bradley to beat Manny Pacquiao at 4/1 last weekend, albeit with a bit of luck with the Judges’ Scorecard, I believe I have found Two 50/50 fights taking place tonight where there is VALUE in going with the underdog

Scott Quigg v Rendall Munroe

16-06-12 Start Time: 9pm

Unbeaten Scott Quigg (24-0) will have his biggest test of his career to date when he faces former World Title Challenger Rendall Munroe (24-2). Quigg goes into this fight as the firm favourite but I believe Munroe’s experience may give him the edge in this bout.

These 2 fighters may have fought roughly the same number of fights, but Munroe has vastly more experience having fought at a much higher level. Quigg has slowly been increasing his quality of opposition having spent most of his earlier fights against weak opposition

Munroe is a southpaw which may cause Quigg problems and he also has quick hands. Munroe has good movement and uses his jab well to set up power shots with his left hand. In order for Munroe to win this fight, he has to keep up this movement for 12 rounds. Munroe has famously been known as the ‘Fighting Bin Man’ because whilst he trains for a fight, he has a second job as a Bin Man. However he has found a sponsor now and has quit his 2nd job. This is his 1st fight where Munroe has been able to completely focus on his Boxing and prepare for this big fight
    Scott Quigg is a top prospect. He has quick hands and he has power in his hands that could cause Munroe problems. Quigg tends to fight an aggressive fight with relentless pressure. The problem here is whilst Quigg has been able to out pressure previous opponents, Munroe’s superior experience means Munroe will be able to handle anything Quigg can thrown at him

I believe Rendall Munroe’s experience in the ring with better opposition, as well as his experience of having been in plenty of 12 rounders, will tell tonight. At 32, I also believe this is Munroe’s last chance of getting another World Title Shot and that extra motivation may be enough for Munroe to end Quigg’s unbeaten streak

Tomasz Adamek v Eddie Chambers

17-06-12 Start Time: 1am

This is a heavyweight contest between 2 fighters, who have been relatively inactive since unsuccessful World Title challenges, where the winner could get another crack at a World Title very soon
    Tomasz Adamek (45-2) is a former Cruiserweight world champion who challenged Vitali Klitschko last year for the Heavyweight Title. Eddie Chambers was unsuccessful in his bid to dethrone Wladimir Klitschko in 2010.

Adamek is a fairly adaptable fighter. Having been a cruiserweight most of his career, he carries decent pace. He possesses a sharp left hook and tends to move well in angles. He is however open to counters and there is still a lot of talk about his mental fragility following his heavy beatdown by Vitali Klitschko. Adamek did not look to good in his only other fight since the loss to Klitschko- a 10 round UD win over lesser known Nagy Aguilera (17-6). Adamek was evidently hurt during Rounds 3-4 of that fight.

Eddie Chambers has been fairly inactive, with only 2 fights in the last 2 years due to injury, and this decision of mine to pick Chambers in the fight tonight is dependent on a fit and focused man turning up which I am hopeful of. Chambers has quick hands as well and is very good at dictating the pace of a fight. He has very good boxing ability and is very slick in the ring. Most of Adamek’s recent fights have been against taller men, so this will be a bit of a change for him, having to now face a man so slick in the ring. I believe there is plenty of value picking Eddie Chambers in this fight.

Tip Recommendations Based on a 10 Unit Stake:
    • 7.5 Units Rendall Munroe to win @ 8/5 Bodog
    • 2.5 Units Scott Quigg win by KO @ 4/1 Stan James (Insurance Bet)
    • 7.5 Units Eddie Chambers to win @ 2/1 BetFred
    • 2.5 Units Eddie Chambers to win by KO @ 8/1 BetFred

Thanks to ganjaman2

evilsatan (16th June 2012)