Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Just had a slightly funny thought...

...that there is a rather distinct possibility that more Polish fans travelled to the finals from England than England fans.

Also did one of the BBC pundits suggest that one the back of Walcotts excellent substitute apperence he should replace Young, what about the fucking useless clogger Milner FFS?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Just had a slightly funny thought...

To me the biggest waste of space of the match was Cashley !

Plenty of running around but as soon as anything got serious he froze like rabbit in car headlights.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Terry is looking vulnerable. Other than that the team are playing to there full potential. I highly doubt we have any more gears left. I just can't see us winning it with this team. We were very lucky agaisnt sweden. What a really strange but expected squad selection from Hodgson. I just don't know what united fans see in him.

We have the players to win the tournament but there not all in the current squad. I'm quite good at betting and i can't see us getting more than a draw against Ukraine. Which means we will probably play spain next. Then Hodgson will be forgiven to be knocked out by a closely faught spain clash and his rain will be lived on. (can't wait).

Hodgson like a lot of old time managers doesn't like technical players. We were played off the pitch by an average sweden team. Hodgson has definetly had the luck so far. It must continue or were out. An average Ukraine will be hard to live with on tuesday. Expect some backs against the wall stuff.
    Last edited by Sonrisar; 17th June 2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: cos i can

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I understand what you are saying, well what everyone is saying, but if hodgson gets england out of the group the tournament will be deemed a success because his prep time hasnt been right, and his best squad has not been available. Its when we fail to qualify for the world cup when Woy will feel the pressure. Like you guys say, he dosnt like technical players, and has an obsession like most managers to stick with the old guard. Well once this tournament is over i would like to see him get rid of players like parker, and terry because they are not good enough for england, and once Wilshere is fit i dont see how parker can get in the squad let alone the team anyway. I also think that he really needs to utilise micah richards, adam johnson, sturridge, and stop thinking that we need experience, as there is plenty of experience in players like rooney, young, milner, cahill, lescott, walcott who have plenty of time on their hands, i just wish an england manager that gets appointed would actually pick players on merit rather than reputation.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by pratman View Post
    i just wish an england manager that gets appointed would actually pick players on merit rather than reputation.
    I don't think Roy had a choice to be fair to him, and with injuries ridding us of players like Lampard and Barry, he's been almost forced to pick a side that want to play for the team not themselves. Just need to lose Terry and we will be fine. Its if he decides to continue with Terry and Lampard etc after the Euros that will concern me, we have several very good young players who will be just right in 2 years IF they get pitch time now.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    I don't think Roy had a choice to be fair to him, and with injuries ridding us of players like Lampard and Barry, he's been almost forced to pick a side that want to play for the team not themselves. Just need to lose Terry and we will be fine. Its if he decides to continue with Terry and Lampard etc after the Euros that will concern me, we have several very good young players who will be just right in 2 years IF they get pitch time now.
    Well didnt chelsea have that young lad who was meant to be shit hot, Michael Mancienne (i think thats how its spelt) and because of John Terry his club and international career never had a chance of taking off. I do think they need to get rid of the old boys, get players like rodwell, wilshere, walker, sturridge, jones, smalling in asap and playing so that when we get to the world cup they have the relevant international experience, rather than let the likes of lamps, terry and parker continue and really not be good enough come the world cup in 2014 and then blame the fact that our players havent had enough experience to play at a tournament.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm sure these players will be introduced during the WC qualifying campaign. Terry v Ibrahimovic was like the tortoise v hare LOL

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by pratman View Post
    Well didnt chelsea have that young lad who was meant to be shit hot, Michael Mancienne (i think thats how its spelt) and because of John Terry his club and international career never had a chance of taking off.
    I saw Mancienne play for England u21's, he captained the side at the tournament last season. He was poor. Its not about bringing through players who aren't playing for their club, because there's already plenty in and around the squad:

Smalling
    Jones
    Wilshire
    Walker
    Welbeck
    Sturridge
    Oxlade Chamberlain
    Ryan Bertrand (played in the CL final, looked excellent last season in the Euro U21's)
    Cleverly
    Kelly

add in a few more experienced players - Hart, Rooney, Young, Walcott, Carroll (yes I know!) - and you have the nucleus of a very good, very young squad who can work together for 2 years. Will they win in Brazil in 2014? Unlikely. Would they have a chance in France 2016? Yes. Would they have an excellent chance in Russia 2018? Oh fuck yes. Good young players all playing at top clubs (well, except Kelly and Carroll obviously :-p), for me its the way to go, get them tournament experience now, bodes well for the future.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Terry is still our best CB, I think he gets a raw deal. But, he has never had pace, and will only get slower.

I would rather bring in the young CBs and play them, it's the only way they will get better and international experience. But there is still a place in the squad for the older players. While Germany have brought youth through, they haven't completely abandoned the older players.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MajorFU View Post
    ...that there is a rather distinct possibility that more Polish fans travelled to the finals from England than England fans.
    I'm more inclined to say FACT.
    Makes you wonder how many are one way tickets...!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MajorFU View Post
    I'm sure these players will be introduced during the WC qualifying campaign. Terry v Ibrahimovic was like the tortoise v hare LOL
    You do realise the tortoise won, right?

Thanks
    Karma Level

haha i love the way the Liverpool fans still cant accept that Roy is a decent manager !!what they and most England fans have to realise is that he can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear !!! The liverpool side he took over was not very good and as we all know liverpool were great in the 70s ....so obviously they think they are still great now even when they are not ! Its the same with the England squad ! We have decent players but they are nowhere near as technically gifted as the top teams in Europe so Roy is playing the team and formation that suits us ! if we try and outfootball teams like Spain France,Holland,Portugal and Germany they will tear us a new one ! I am happy with the way things are going its a pity too many people want to knock the side and seem to be willing them to lose ??