Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Anyone tried applying Slick bios mod after not genuine popup, without fresh install

Windows is running fine but does pop up the windows is not genuine message every few hours and has been doing so for months. Also during start up it asks to activate but continues as normal if I ignore it. Has anyone successfully applied the slic bios mod at this stage without having to do a fresh install?

Going to do a fresh install anyway in a few days because I want to install a ssd but was curious whether this would work. (">

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just run Dazs loader?

Thanks to Conkers

BigBird (3rd July 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have never had to try this as yet but what I have done in the past for people that cannot resist the updates is :-

I normally use wat removal tool . If already used , use same program to remove it , reboot and re run it . At the same time remove windows update kb971033 as per http://geekmontage.com/how-to-uninst...date-kb971033/ .

Don't let that update get installed .

Thanks to sgtbarton

BigBird (3rd July 2012)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Anyone tried applying Slick bios mod after not genuine popup, without fresh insta

If you want to you can flash a SLIC 2.1 modded bios, then install the appropriate certificate and SLP key using command prompt and then right click my computer, properties, scroll down and you should find windows is activated.

Thanks to evilsatan

BigBird (3rd July 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Anyone tried applying Slick bios mod after not genuine popup, without fresh insta

remove wat has served me since Windows 7 became available never had an issue but there are one or two KB s to watch out for

I did let this one kb97103 in once but did a system restore to before it and all was well again

Thanks to danthescan

BigBird (3rd July 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks to all but all methods failed. Got win7 enterprise and for some reason get errors with the slic method and 'this version is not supported' message when using Daz Loader.

have sorted it though using a different method which others may find useful. See below for the method which only works for professional and enterprise apparently.

This is what I got after using this method:

Method:

From START menu, ACCESSORIES, run "COMMAND PROMPT" as admin
    (Right click the "COMMAND PROMPT" icon, select "Run as Admin" from the sub-menu)

In Command Prompt (Admin mode) dialog, type

slmgr.vbs -ipk FJ82H-XT6CR-J8D7P-XQJJ2-GPDD4 (Windows 7 Professional)
    slmgr.vbs -ipk MRPKT-YTG23-K7D7T-X2JMM-QY7MG (Windows 7 Professional N without IE8 & WMP12 (European Version))
    slmgr.vbs -ipk 33PXH-7Y6KF-2VJC9-XBBR8-HVTHH (Windows 7 Enterprise)
    slmgr.vbs -ipk YDRBP-3D83W-TY26F-D46B2-XCKRJ (Windows 7 Enterprise N without IE8 & WMP12 (European Version))

- From START menu, ACCESSORIES, run "COMMAND PROMPT" as admin
    (Right click the "COMMAND PROMPT" icon, select "Run as Admin" from the sub-menu)

In Command Prompt (Admin mode) dialog, type

slmgr.vbs -skms yuna.no-ip.info or
    slmgr.vbs -skms netplus.no-ip.info or
    slmgr.vbs -skms vault-tec.no-ip.org or
    slmgr.vbs -skms 91.149.135.121

wait for confirmation that the KMS Server has been set, then type

slmgr.vbs -ato

wait for few seconds, Windows 7 will now be activated !!!

To check status, type

slmgr.vbs -dlv

It only works with Windows 7 Professional & Enterprise 32-bit & 64-bit in any language !!

(">

Thanks
    Karma Level

I remember coming across that method a while back but I never used it - iirc ms products activated using a kms server will need to confirm the license status once every 2 or so months with the server. Therefore I believe if the dodgy kms goes down, that copy of windows won't last too long after that.

2 Thanks given to Over Carl

BigBird (4th July 2012),  DejaVu (4th July 2012)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Daz's Loader doesn't support Windows 7 Enterprise because it uses Volume License MAK or KMS Key's (Multiple Activation Key's) and does not communicate with Microsoft's Activation servers.

Unless you are in a business enterprise environment, then Windows 7 Ultimate should be your OS of choice.

The key you have used is a leaked VL Key and is very likely to be blacklisted soon by a Microsoft Update.

--EDIT
    @OC
    Jinx!

and KB971033 is the evil little update.

Thanks to DejaVu

BigBird (4th July 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over carl View Post
    I remember coming across that method a while back but I never used it - iirc ms products activated using a kms server will need to confirm the license status once every 2 or so months with the server. Therefore I believe if the dodgy kms goes down, that copy of windows won't last too long after that.
    A lot less than two month I think. The activation status I got included the lines:
    Activation Interval 120 minutes
    Renewal Interval 10080 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu
    The key you have used is a leaked VL Key and is very likely to be blacklisted soon by a Microsoft Update.

The info was posted on another forum on April 13 2010. I dont bother with the updates so shouldn't be affected

Will go for ultimate when I install the ssd. (">

Thanks
    Karma Level

kb 971033 is a little sod. I had a friend who'd had a dodgy win 7 put on laptop. He wanted to change the AV from AVAst and he put MSE on it. Once he fired up MSE, it installed all updates (obvisously who'd ever put win7 on had stopped updates).

Flagged as non genuine so ran daz's loader and it was fine.

What i don't get though is why MS don't chuck out another similar patch to 971033? They'll get everyone in one go.

mml
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm not sure why MS haven't already released another update, also I have found on new installs the 1033 patch is often unticked i.e. it's not an auto update which is odd. Maybe they aren't allowed to force a check? I just like SLIC mods as you know you are safe if done correctly and carefully.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm surprised why so many people are running cracked versions of Windows 7 that you can't run the updates on. Your machine will be more st risk of viruses etc if its no got the updates. If you can't get a proper licence for it i'd be tempted to use Ubuntu instead. Why is everyone doing that requires Windows? Assuming its games?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by liveseytowers View Post
    I'm surprised why so many people are running cracked versions of Windows 7 that you can't run the updates on. Your machine will be more st risk of viruses etc if its no got the updates. If you can't get a proper licence for it i'd be tempted to use Ubuntu instead. Why is everyone doing that requires Windows? Assuming its games?
    I have never used windows update, ever. Even when I had a genuine Win2000 and also on my laptop which came with genuine Win7. Have used Avira but now use commodo free antivirus and have always used spybot S&D and have never had a nasty virus get through yet. Only ever had an annoying malware attack about three times in the last ten years and only then when I have told the antivirus to ignore a file and let it run. I was aware that it could be a virus but decided to take a chance after creating a new restore point. A quick jump back in time with EZFix has sorted it. So I'm not really worried about viruses to be honest. Especially as all my data is backed up on a remote drive. My machines usually run for an average of three years+ without a fresh install and without slowing down. Only remember doing a fresh install when I have upgraded the drive or for a new version of windows.

Would love to use Ubuntu but some of my apps are windows only. (">
    Last edited by BigBird; 4th July 2012 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks to BigBird

liveseytowers (4th July 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I update windows 7 - You just need to keep an eye out for what can and cannot be installed. For some reason my version also auto unticks the updates that it thinks are potentially going to remove the crack! using windows defender also turns on auto updates automatically sometimes and this can then course issues. I myself would never buy it but friends / family and people who don't listen I always advise to buy it to save me the hassle later when they mess up .

Thanks
    Karma Level

My anti virus is for virus's , I am pretty sure Windows updates are to cover up all of Microsofts security flaws, not to save my pc from a virus.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    I'm not sure why MS haven't already released another update, also I have found on new installs the 1033 patch is often unticked i.e. it's not an auto update which is odd. Maybe they aren't allowed to force a check? I just like SLIC mods as you know you are safe if done correctly and carefully.
    Keep checking back and I'm guessing it will eventually get a tick and install itself - I'm not certain of how windows decides when to tick an update but I've seen similar with other updates.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    I have never used windows update, ever.
    I used to be the same - couldn't stand the effects of all the updates slowing down the pc. Few things made me change me mind, the main ones: conficker got a lot of pc's that would have been immune if they were patched. Also seen loads of strange software issues that vanish after updates.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I used to be the same - couldn't stand the effects of all the updates slowing down the pc. Few things made me change me mind, the main ones: conficker got a lot of pc's that would have been immune if they were patched. Also seen loads of strange software issues that vanish after updates.
    I suppose I have just been lucky. I am a bit naive when it comes to viruses. Not in protecting myself, but in the damage they can do. I've never even heard of conflicker mainly because I haven't paid much attention when people talk about viruses. I've got the attitude that viruses haven't affected me so I'm not that interested (famous last words maybe?). No major software issues either(so far). (">

Thanks
    Karma Level

Keep checking back and I'm guessing it will eventually get a tick and install itself - I'm not certain of how windows decides when to tick an update but I've seen similar with other updates.

I hide the update an it has never ticked itself unless defender was installed !!! Weird !!