Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sky called my Bluff

i had my ass handed to me when I was upgrading my phone a few years ago, got the usual call and went though the usual 'I've seen a deal on xxxx network' and the operator just said ok, your account will cancel on this date, please fuck off.

We did manage to get a good deal on Sky though, ordered a new install and in all honesty, just as the guy was about to come and install the dish, the GF lost her job, so we called and asked if they could cancel it, in the end they massively reduced the price, which we didn't expect at all.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nibb View Post
    Do you actually know how it works these C$ suppliers arent giving anything for very little m8 believe me!

They make more than enough profit!
    And to think that years ago people used to do this for the fun of it... not profit.

My advice is never totally rely on internet based solutions as they can leave you without TV and internet if the latter goes down lol.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Men View Post
    Im confused.your preaching a conradiction
    Not really. What are you confused about?

People are talking about using a linux box to view Sky. Isn't going to happen on a decent peer. If you want to subsidise organised crime and join an unstable pay server, then you may be able to achieve that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Following a house move we ended up with 2 half price subscriptions (in diff names etc) for a short time and have been able to bounce between them on discount. Switched from A to B about 3 months ago though and not had a peep out of sky trying to get us back yet. On the other account throughout the year they were always emailing stuff through.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I would go with Virgin, the TiVo box is superior to the sky box and the Internet is massively faster so you can download any shows from Atlantic that you can't get on virgin

Its better to burn out than to fade away...............

Thanks
    Karma Level

Its retention's not cancellations!
    If I worked at sky I am sure I would call it that , but as a normal person calling to "cancel" as I am sure most do . Plus not wanting to give away the fact you call them every year after a deal and know each departments name . #pointlesspoint

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
    I would go with Virgin, the TiVo box is superior to the sky box and the Internet is massively faster so you can download any shows from Atlantic that you can't get on virgin
    Virgin Broadband is far from massively faster.
    You can now order 80mb Sky Fibre with 20mb Upload in many areas. (Coming to mine in 2 weeks)
    100mb from virgin is only available in some areas and when you take into account the throttling virgin do on this the completely unmetered offerings from Sky are much better now IMHO.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Do you actually know how it works these C$ suppliers arent giving anything for very little m8 believe me!

They make more than enough profit!
    I haven't checked out the prices. I would never use a paid server.

But I was implying that most people (hobbyists) won't like a leech. I wasn't on about pay servers. If people here are using payservers I'd strongly suggest they don't. They aren't trustworthy, and you are supporting organised crime and possibly terrorism, a lot of the time.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post

But I was implying that most people (hobbyists) won't like a leech. I wasn't on about pay servers. If people here are using payservers I'd strongly suggest they don't. They aren't trustworthy, and you are supporting organised crime and possibly terrorism, a lot of the time.
    I have friends and family that use pay servers for over 2 years they have never had problems and have had about 3 hours down time over that period very trustworthy. I'm also 100% sure none of the money is going to an organised crime gang or terrorists.

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok I stand corrected but the same result

Its retention's not cancellations!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I tried getting a good discount from them a while ago but they didn't offer me anything and told me to go.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Bollocks...youve been brainwashed m8 with all due respect!

Quote Originally Posted by bobo06 View Post
    I have friends and family that use pay servers for over 2 years they have never had problems and have had about 3 hours down time over that period very trustworthy. I'm also 100% sure none of the money is going to an organised crime gang or terrorists.
    We know dont we m8
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Maghoo View Post
    And to think that years ago people used to do this for the fun of it... not profit.

My advice is never totally rely on internet based solutions as they can leave you without TV and internet if the latter goes down lol.
    Unfortunately m8 the free/ hobby sat TV of years ago doesnt exist anymore!

CS is the only viable alternative and most people if they know anything about it use private server not real commercial ones!!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

You have been watching too much O'Riley Factor on Fox !
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

To be straight to the point M8 "Your talking out of the hole in your ass".

Paid server and there are hundreds can be trusted and quite a few are private and worth every penny. The criminal talk is news/media speak and they at most times know piss all about the system and how it works.

Been using 2 specific servers for well over 3 years and because they are private they are trustworthy and I know not a penny goes to crime but pays for the server itself.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Sky Sports News released the following apology to their customers in Scotland:

We would like to apologise to our Scotish customers who have purchased Sky 3D to watch Rangers next season. This was an administrative error and the advert was meant to state "Watch Rangers in D3".

Thanks to Mr Men

flik (14th July 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bobo06 View Post

Each to their own. Just trying to point out the risks. I suppose to the TV addicted masses, where they get their fix doesn't matter.

Bollocks...youve been brainwashed m8 with all due respect!

We know dont we m8

IF you know who is running it that is somewhat different. I am sure there are certain internet sites that run their own pay servers.

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    You have been watching too much O'Riley Factor on Fox !
    Ha Ha. I have seen the location of the servers. And based my assumptions on that. Again, I am talking about Payservers I have googled. Not a group of mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    To be straight to the point M8 "Your talking out of the hole in your ass".

Paid server and there are hundreds can be trusted and quite a few are private and worth every penny. The criminal talk is news/media speak and they at most times know piss all about the system and how it works.

Been using 2 specific servers for well over 3 years and because they are private they are trustworthy and I know not a penny goes to crime but pays for the server itself.
    I disagree that any are "worth every penny". If a group of "mates" share a subscription, that is something completely different. I pay £100 for a sub, and found like minded people which enable me to get every single channel and thousands of cards, without being part of a pay server. It also enabled me to become a peer on probably the largest CS site on the internet's server.

Also. In regards to how they "pay for the server" itself. How much does a server cost to run in your book? It needs very little processing power. Card readers are cheap. It uses a small amount of data (comparatively) and the cost of the most expensive package is £80 a month. I assume someone is making a tidy profit.

I personally don't like payservers, and discourage anyone from joining one. Several hobbyists joining together, in my book, is not a payserver. I am (mostly) talking about the pieces of shit hosted from Russia.

Bottom line - Each to their own. But there is a cheaper way out there, that doesn't involve payservers. That's all I am saying. I also don't expect anyone on a payserver to say "You know what. Pay Servers are a rip off". So I will agree to have a different opinion to most people in here.
    Last edited by Geko; 14th July 2012 at 07:23 PM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Each to their own. Just trying to point out the risks. I suppose to the TV addicted masses, where they get their fix doesn't matter.

IF you know who is running it that is somewhat different. I am sure there are certain internet sites that run their own pay servers.

Ha Ha. I have seen the location of the servers. And based my assumptions on that. Again, I am talking about Payservers I have googled. Not a group of mates.

I disagree that any are "worth every penny". If a group of "mates" share a subscription, that is something completely different. I pay £100 for a sub, and found like minded people which enable me to get every single channel and thousands of cards, without being part of a pay server. It also enabled me to become a peer on probably the largest CS site on the internet's server.

Also. In regards to how they "pay for the server" itself. How much does a server cost to run in your book? It needs very little processing power. Card readers are cheap. It uses a small amount of data (comparatively) and the cost of the most expensive package is £80 a month. I assume someone is making a tidy profit.

I personally don't like payservers, and discourage anyone from joining one. Several hobbyists joining together, in my book, is not a payserver. I am (mostly) talking about the pieces of shit hosted from Russia.

Bottom line - Each to their own. But there is a cheaper way out there, that doesn't involve payservers. That's all I am saying. I also don't expect anyone on a payserver to say "You know what. Pay Servers are a rip off". So I will agree to have a different opinion to most people in here.

Your funny

4 Thanks given to prezzy

4me2 (15th July 2012),  AD (15th July 2012),  bobo06 (14th July 2012),  Nibb (14th July 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by macmilm View Post
    Virgin Broadband is far from massively faster.
    You can now order 80mb Sky Fibre with 20mb Upload in many areas. (Coming to mine in 2 weeks)
    100mb from virgin is only available in some areas and when you take into account the throttling virgin do on this the completely unmetered offerings from Sky are much better now IMHO.
    The OP said that BT infinity is not available in his area so sky fibre is not an option for him. Assuming virgin 50mb is the fastest available, if you hit the fair usage limits in peak times the throttling would reduce the speed to 25mb which is still faster than any ADSL connection. Also the virgin throttling does not count things like iplayer or other popular streaming sites so only affects when downloading.

Its better to burn out than to fade away...............

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've heared some shit in all the years I've been a member here and all the crap comments I read and hear in regards to satellite/servers and the like but you have so far become one of my top knobheads in regards to some of your comments M8.

But each to there own

hahahahaah

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast