Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sky called my Bluff

I don't feel the need to comment further. Or to call people names on the internet. I am entitled to my opinion as you are entitled to yours.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nibb View Post
    Unfortunately m8 the free/ hobby sat TV of years ago doesnt exist anymore!

CS is the only viable alternative and most people if they know anything about it use private server not real commercial ones!!

I feel this is what I was saying....!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Handbags at dawn !!! LOL ;-)

Thanks to macmilm

Geko (14th July 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

LOL

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Well it looks like they are in calling bluff mood...I am one of the muggs that have always paid full whack, for at least 20 years now.....purely because I just couldnt be bothered with the hasstle of negotiations...
    Anyway, got my letter telling me my Sky was going up in september by £3.50 to £67.50 a month (which is the basic hd package + sport + ESPN), and multiplied it out so see that I was going to be paying £810 a year, so I thought right, I will cancel, tell them I couldnt justify the amount anymore, and that I hadnt had a pay rise in 2 years etc etc....told them I liked sky, but simply couldnt afford it.
    Didn't go very well though....best they could offer me was a £4 reduction a month, so in real terms 50p from what I am paying now. in other words, not worth a wank.
    I politely declined the offer, and confirmed the cancelation. There was no counter offer, just cheesy questions like "what will the kids say when they cant watch the disney channel".
    So now I wait and see I guess......switch off date is 18th August.
    The premiership starts on the 19th......might be watching it at me mam's !

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tronads View Post
    There was no counter offer, just cheesy questions like "what will the kids say when they cant watch the disney channel".
    LOL

Fucking Wankers.

Should have said "They'll be outside playing sports and not wasting their lives away in front of the TV."

Thanks to Geko

Over Carl (18th July 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Did you get transfered to the retention's/cancellations dept or was it customer services whom cancelled you.

Just call them back, get transfered to the retention's/cancellations dept and just say that you have a cancellation in progress but dont want to leave but cannot justify the costs, what options are available or I'll leave the cancellation as it is and move to Virgin Media.

They will come back with a comment and then its up to you to argue your case but the bottom line is Sky is a business the same as Tesco and Asda and Sky is the only company I know of that people try and get there subs lowered, you dont do that with Tesco at the tills so why is it a culture thing regarding Sky.

Well it looks like they are in calling bluff mood...I am one of the muggs that have always paid full whack, for at least 20 years now.....purely because I just couldnt be bothered with the hasstle of negotiations...
    Anyway, got my letter telling me my Sky was going up in september by £3.50 to £67.50 a month (which is the basic hd package + sport + ESPN), and multiplied it out so see that I was going to be paying £810 a year, so I thought right, I will cancel, tell them I couldnt justify the amount anymore, and that I hadnt had a pay rise in 2 years etc etc....told them I liked sky, but simply couldnt afford it.
    Didn't go very well though....best they could offer me was a £4 reduction a month, so in real terms 50p from what I am paying now. in other words, not worth a wank.
    I politely declined the offer, and confirmed the cancelation. There was no counter offer, just cheesy questions like "what will the kids say when they cant watch the disney channel".
    So now I wait and see I guess......switch off date is 18th August.
    The premiership starts on the 19th......might be watching it at me mam's !

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Not wankers M8 just doing their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    LOL

Fucking Wankers.

Should have said "They'll be outside playing sports and not wasting their lives away in front of the TV."

Thanks
    Karma Level

£810 ----- jeebus,

cs = a tenth of that....

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was on the half price Sky package and they wouldn't give it me again when it ran out. They were happy to cancel. Then on the day I was due to be disconnected they rang me up offering me the same half price deal again.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My half price for a year has come to an end....
    Cant decide whether to turn of HD savin me a tenner a month or cancel completely...
    I do like Sky but dont think it is worth the standard fees.
    If I cancel and they dont offer anything better then so be it and it will stay cancelled.
    Can live without repeats just cant live without my Broadband :-)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    Yeah, I was just happy I was through to a UK call centre. She was probably cringing to herself when she offered me the 50p a month reduction, but its just something she has to do.

I assume it was cancelations i got through to, i just followed the menu options till it said press 3 if you want to leave Sky.

I would imagine that department are on a bonus for how many people they talk out of leaving....and good luck to them with 50p a month !

Thanks
    Karma Level

If I wanted sky, I think I'd just pay for it. I don't and thankfully neither does the missus.

Just a purely personal note, I don't think I could rely on a card share for my tv. Even the chance of it going down during something she wanted to watch wouldn't be worth the saving IMHO.

My mate is addicted to sky and watches it day and night. It's right for him to pay around £100 a month all in (sports, multi room etc.) as he gets the use out of it. I wouldn't and therefore don't.
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

Thanks to maltloaf

Geko (18th July 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

i just got off the phone to them now actually,
    i ended up with paying same amount per month but my broadband has been upgraded to fibre - im very happy with that outcome, suits me well.

i actually called twice, first time i spoke to a rather arrogant woman who just diddnt want to help and jumped straight in with the 'we cant do anything cheaper so i'll set up the cancellation now sir'
    i hung up and called straight back and got the mirror opposite woman! - this one couldnt do more to help me out.

i still stand by my original comments regarding dealing with sky CS- softly, softly with a hint of sob story + a touch of 'of couse, id rather stay with you as your service has been so good in the past'

Thanks to tiggerbiker

Mr Men (18th July 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah, I was just happy I was through to a UK call centre. She was probably cringing to herself when she offered me the 50p a month reduction, but its just something she has to do.

I assume it was cancelations i got through to, i just followed the menu options till it said press 3 if you want to leave Sky.

I would imagine that department are on a bonus for how many people they talk out of leaving....and good luck to them with 50p a month !
    Most of the operators have a set amount of discounts that they can offer....once they are gone then they cant offer anymore for that particular period.

There is a guide on Martin Lewis's website concerning the best time to call etc.

Also when you get a call monkey that wont offer you anything or you arent happy always ask to speak to a supervisor or their superior as you "arent happy with the offer"/ "been with Sky at full price for blah/ blah etc!".

Normally then they will pass you through to level 2 support who have more power to offer subsidised packages etc.
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks to Nibb

Mr Men (18th July 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerbiker View Post
    i just got off the phone to them now actually,
    i ended up with paying same amount per month but my broadband has been upgraded to fibre - im very happy with that outcome, suits me well.

i actually called twice, first time i spoke to a rather arrogant woman who just diddnt want to help and jumped straight in with the 'we cant do anything cheaper so i'll set up the cancellation now sir'
    i hung up and called straight back and got the mirror opposite woman! - this one couldnt do more to help me out.

i still stand by my original comments regarding dealing with sky CS- softly, softly with a hint of sob story + a touch of 'of couse, id rather stay with you as your service has been so good in the past'
    What Sky Fibre did you get mate ??? Would love Fibre PRO but cant see em handing that out so readily...
    Did they give an indication of expected speeds e.t.c
    Supposed to be available to me in next couple of weeks :-)

Cheers

Thanks
    Karma Level

I fancy a Vu+ Duo, has anyone got a recommended supplier?

I seem to remember a new model on the horizon, is it worth waiting for that? (i can't remember the specs. for it, although I do have a funky HTPC running XBMC if that makes a difference).

Obviously not to be discussed in detail, but has anyone set up cs on pci sat card in a pc?

TIA.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post

Their job is to tell you your kids will suffer without Disney?

Tesco don't tell me my kids need Jammie Dodgers, so why should Sky tell me what I need? <----- See what I did there?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Will you pair get a room?
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks to Nibb

Geko (18th July 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by macmilm View Post
    What Sky Fibre did you get mate ??? Would love Fibre PRO but cant see em handing that out so readily...
    Did they give an indication of expected speeds e.t.c
    Supposed to be available to me in next couple of weeks :-)

Cheers
    hi m8,
    just the basic fibre package - i cant remember exactly what she estimated i would get but it will be quite a bit more than the 7meg i get now.
    my only gripe with my sky package was the broadband speed - now thats sorted (i hope)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast