Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sky called my Bluff

Grow up, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    Their job is to tell you your kids will suffer without Disney?

Tesco don't tell me my kids need Jammie Dodgers, so why should Sky tell me what I need? <----- See what I did there?

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you don't want to discuss topics, don't post on a message forum. I'm sorry my opinion differs from yours. Unlike you I haven't called anyone names, or told them to grow up, or started on a taxi driver and shit it when he retaliated, and wanted to call the Police. I don't think I am the one required to grow up...!

Mods - I realise this is off topic, and I apologise. I will not be responding further, and will try to avoid conflict. I just feel that any opinion should be respected, whether you strongly disagree or not, and insolent responses are not necessary. My comment was also meant in good humour.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok you win others like yourself will loose out in the end M8.

Enjoy and regards to all.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    Ok you win others like yourself will loose out in the end M8.

Enjoy and regards to all.

I just came back to edit my post, as I think I was too quick to post what I did.

I don't actually understand your post above. But I don't want an internet argument, so I apologise.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Righto, now that thread hijack is over, can someone answer my thread hijack questions, pretty please?! ;-p

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sign up for it again in a different name (wifes maden name, uncles name etc) , and use quidco or top cashback, your save a fortune!

Fon

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Waka View Post
    I fancy a Vu+ Duo, has anyone got a recommended supplier?

I seem to remember a new model on the horizon, is it worth waiting for that? (i can't remember the specs. for it, although I do have a funky HTPC running XBMC if that makes a difference).

Obviously not to be discussed in detail, but has anyone set up cs on pci sat card in a pc?

TIA.

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu

No idea about your other points m8 and they need to be answered by PM if anyone knows!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks to Nibb

Waka (18th July 2012)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm flipping Sky the finger tomorrow.

Basic Entertainment package - loads of rubbish TV and I pay multi-room for my sons room - £42 per month, TV Only.
    Out of contract and the only way I'm staying is if they provide it for free for 6 months. Had enough profit out of me IMO - but I don't begrudge them.
    They are a business and a very good one too. Cannot fault their customer services.

Did ring them a couple of weeks back to warn them I'm planning the divorce, but needed to sort my finances out before making any rash decisions.

I now watch most stuff on my Revo in my own time, the missus generally watches the soaps on the FTA channels (or the Revo if she missed them).
    If the kids want me to pay £42 per month for 'The Wizards of Waverly Place'...
    Tough shit, it's summer - fuck off out and ruin someone else's day for once like I used to as a kid!

It's been a pleasure, but I can no longer warrant paying it.
    BT Infinity has my back for Interwebs and calling the planet, so til a really decent deal including Sky Fibre to my area becomes available. I'm outtie.

I am considering FreeSat or maybe the C$ route, but not decided yet. Don't feel the need for TV too much these days, even got me questioning my TV Licence seeing as never watch anything Live anymore!

BTW - Cheers for the code last year Realist, top offer.

--EDIT
    Called today explaining I could no longer afford the current package I'm on and would like to lower or cancel my services.
    Got put through to Retention's. First they only offered to remove Multi-room and HD from my package lowering it to £23.50 per month.

Not bad, but still not perfect. I tried it on with the multiroom with -

'I can't see how having a low package warrants paying £10.25 per month for the almost basic service, for which I have been paying for the last 12 months'.

But they were having none of it.
    Needless to say I am now getting cut off as of 20th August unless Sky ring me back trying to convince me to stay with an awesome deal...
    We shall see.
    Last edited by DejaVu; 19th July 2012 at 04:43 PM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Just signed up with Virgin

6months Half price V.I,P Package with an extra V+ HD Recordable box for free and £70 Credit off first bill, Then after discount period will down grade to middle package for 12 months with far superior Broad Beans

The same deal with sky would cost me another £11 a month and With only 1 HD Recordable Box. (over 12 months with new prices )
    Last edited by Mr Men; 20th July 2012 at 06:08 PM.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Virgin sub their channels from Sky (remember the Sky1 scenario!), you do not get as many on Virginmedia as Sky own the rights to them and Virgin charge you more.
    Virgin's broadband is no longer superior to Sky (Fibre). VM need to improve their uploads speeds immediately.

I'm on BT Infinity and have 60/20.

This is 24/7 and can be expected on Sky Fibre as it runs off the same infrastructure (FTTC). Virgin's Traffic Management is very nasty in comparison.

The last time I signed up with Virgin, I arranged a package that would never go above £75. By the 3rd month they charged me £120.
    I cancelled and had massive rows with them over the 'binding 12 month contract'. I ended up putting in writing, along with my bills, that they had overcharged me twice for no reason and they could not explain why or even offer an itemised bill for my calls for those periods. The contract was contested and in the end cancelled.

I wont deal with them ever again, unless they go back to being Blueyonder when they were far more reasonable.

- - But lets not turn this thread into another VM Slagging match! Just a warning of my experience with them - -
    Last edited by DejaVu; 20th July 2012 at 06:46 PM.

Thanks to DejaVu

macmilm (20th July 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Well I,m 90% Sure my BroadBand speed will be alot faster than what i,m getting from Sky and I get an extra HD recordable box for nothing,If thats the case Im happy.

And like yourself Ive done my calculations and if I get charged after my 6 month discount period more than what i,ve worked out or agreed with Virgin(Even with a down Grade after 6 months) I will argue The Binding contract and get it cancelled as well.

Only Time will tell.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cancelled my Sky tonight, Was asked why I was cancelling.. Only me working etc moneys tight....

No contest, cancellation due on 20th Aug. Adios Sky.

Missus is pissed off with me for doing it, so I said quit smoking and Drinking and I'll keep it... Like all greedy bitches they want it all.

-=AD=-

Thanks to AD

Bald Bouncer (21st July 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    Cancelled my Sky tonight, Was asked why I was cancelling.. Only me working etc moneys tight....

No contest, cancellation due on 20th Aug. Adios Sky.

Missus is pissed off with me for doing it, so I said quit smoking and Drinking and I'll keep it... Like all greedy bitches they want it all.

-=AD=-

I feel your pain

Thanks
    Karma Level

Always felt £20 - £30 for pay TV is a fair price ... (Not including Movies & Sports)
    But when they wanna charge you monthly for extra box and HD then this doubles and they are taking the piss...
    Would happily continue my Subs at the above price but as it is now nearly £40 just for TV (Phone & Broadband on top of that)
    I will be phoning em to cancel this weekend when I can be arsed to queue on the phone for half an hour...

My last months bill was nearly £80.. not paying that for the missus to record Big Brother.. fuck that

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by macmilm View Post
    Always felt £20 - £30 for pay TV is a fair price ... (Not including Movies & Sports)
    But when they wanna charge you monthly for extra box and HD then this doubles and they are taking the piss...
    Would happily continue my Subs at the above price but as it is now nearly £40 just for TV (Phone & Broadband on top of that)
    I will be phoning em to cancel this weekend when I can be arsed to queue on the phone for half an hour...

My last months bill was nearly £80.. not paying that for the missus to record Big Brother.. fuck that
    Let us know how you get on ????

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'll be at the end of month 11 of half price sky for a year at the end of this month, so I'll be making the same phone call lol - looks like it will really be goodbye sky this time.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think SKY should drop their HD charges now. It should be standard.

I assume they must be aware that people are trying to get a discount. So they have changed their policy.

2 Thanks given to Geko

DejaVu (20th July 2012),  emu (20th July 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I assume they must be aware that people are trying to get a discount. So they have changed their policy.
    There change is not good ......They obviously think that they provide the best deal

NOT SO

So basically Fuck em

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by macmilm View Post
    Thats plain daft m8...freesat+ or a cheap linux box is there for that!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Took em 5 years to drop the extra £10 for a multiroom HD sub so I wouldnt hold my breath!
    Karl Pilkington

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast