Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kidney Stones

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Kidney Stones

Anybody had these?

I had some massive pain in my back last Thursday which lasted 2 days, has died down a lot, but still there. I then passed blood on Saturday and have been intermittently since. I went for an xray today and there is a white dot in my right kidney. I am hoping this is a kidney stone, as googling has me worrying about kidney cancer. Anyone else experienced this? I have Crohns, so thought it was that until I started pissing blood...! But... The pain wasn't as bad as crohns, although they say kidney stones is second to childbirth, I don't think they've suffered with a bowel stricture....!

I am 32 years old, by the way, and apparently kidney cancer is rare in the young (ish)...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Kidney Stones

had them twice now - worst pain ever, doc said the pain is comparable to giving birth!

I needed a wee and was on my hands and knees crawling to the toilet, i got up onto my knees, but couldn't go, so forced it out. I felt a rip from inside my 'pipe' and suddenly i was pee'ing blood, the stone then shot out and rattled around the bowl like when you put the ball into a rouletter wheel!

However, had i had it diagnosed, they can treat it ie soundwaves to break it up - wish i had that done

Good luck anyway!

2 Thanks given to ivrytwr3

ant3b (25th July 2012),  Geko (25th July 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah I had these about 8 or 9 years ago before the soundwave treatment was commonplace unfortunately...
    I remember layin on bathroom floor and just peein cos I was in too much pain to stand lol..(thank fook for lino)
    Apparently the soundwave thing makes the whole experience much easier and less painfull.

Thanks to macmilm

Geko (25th July 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yep worst pain I have had in my life bar none!

I got mine when I was in Thailand training for a few months a couple of years ago, didn't hydrate properly and started pissing blood about 2 weeks after I got back - thank god it didn't start in Thailand.

Anyway mine turned out to be too big to pass or use the soundwave thing on, and I have to have an operation to cut it out of my kidney which went well but was a bit scary.

I still have one in there but its smaller than the one I had removed, and I just have to keep hydrated and basically wait until it starts to move about like the other one before they will do anything about it - kinda feels like a ticking time bomb to me.

I was also keeled over, doubled up, sweating, throwing up, close to tears etc - I mean if you gash your arm or break a bone there is a place you can hold, put pressure on or something to help the pain.

With a kidney stone there is nothing you can do as the pain is deep inside you and nothing I did would ease the pain when it decided to become a pinball inside my kidney, there is just nowehere you can hold/press/rub etc...fuckin horrible.

Here is my xray so you can compare sizes to yours and see if you might need an op or not.

Its the white blob near the cursor....the others are my ribs apparently, but I shit bricks when I saw it as I thought I had loads of em lol.

IMG_0075.JPG

Thanks to rIKmAN

Geko (25th July 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by rIKmAN View Post
    Yep worst pain I have had in my life bar none!

I got mine when I was in Thailand training for a few months a couple of years ago, didn't hydrate properly and started pissing blood about 2 weeks after I got back - thank god it didn't start in Thailand.

Anyway mine turned out to be too big to pass or use the soundwave thing on, and I have to have an operation to cut it out of my kidney which went well but was a bit scary.

I still have one in there but its smaller than the one I had removed, and I just have to keep hydrated and basically wait until it starts to move about like the other one before they will do anything about it - kinda feels like a ticking time bomb to me.

I was also keeled over, doubled up, sweating, throwing up, close to tears etc - I mean if you gash your arm or break a bone there is a place you can hold, put pressure on or something to help the pain.

With a kidney stone there is nothing you can do as the pain is deep inside you and nothing I did would ease the pain when it decided to become a pinball inside my kidney, there is just nowehere you can hold/press/rub etc...fuckin horrible.

Here is my xray so you can compare sizes to yours and see if you might need an op or not.

Its the white blob near the cursor....the others are my ribs apparently, but I shit bricks when I saw it as I thought I had loads of em lol.

IMG_0075.JPG

Fuck me. That's huge. I haven't seen my xray yet. I asked her at the time if she saw anything, but she was only the lady taking the xray. She said she saw a small white spot, so I would assume smaller than yours...!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah it was a big one, 1.8cm I think they said.

Was a serious op too, was in for alomost 2 weeks, with a drainage tube in my kidney for 1wk and a cathetar in til 2 days before I was allowed home.

The scariest bit was when I had the tube removed, it was simply pulled out while I was on the ward by the nurse, and she started panicing cos I was bleeding more than I should have.

I lost about 500ml of blood until it stopped, and I guess the kidney healed up on its own without stitches or anything as all I have now is a scar on my side where the tube was put in.

Here's hoping the other fucker stays put as I don't fancy doing all that again.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Was a serious op too, was in for alomost 2 weeks, with a drainage tube in my kidney for 1wk and a cathetar in til 2 days before I was allowed home.

The scariest bit was when I had the tube removed, it was simply pulled out while I was on the ward by the nurse, and she started panicing cos I was bleeding more than I should have.

I lost about 500ml of blood until it stopped, and I guess the kidney healed up on its own without stitches or anything as all I have now is a scar on my side where the tube was put in.

Mate, I've already had one major op. And I don't like the sound of what you had.... I would have shit a brick.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    Anybody had these?

I had some massive pain in my back last Thursday which lasted 2 days, has died down a lot, but still there. I then passed blood on Saturday and have been intermittently since. I went for an xray today and there is a white dot in my right kidney. I am hoping this is a kidney stone, as googling has me worrying about kidney cancer. Anyone else experienced this? I have Crohns, so thought it was that until I started pissing blood...! But... The pain wasn't as bad as crohns, although they say kidney stones is second to childbirth, I don't think they've suffered with a bowel stricture....!

I am 32 years old, by the way, and apparently kidney cancer is rare in the young (ish)...

Fuck that. By time you put any ailment in google, you are dead!
    "Your proposition may be good. But let's have one thing understood
    Whatever it is, I'm against it! And even when you've changed it Or condensed it
    I'm against it!"
    A top man

Thanks to DelTrotter

Geko (27th July 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hello, mate. Do you remember how big your stone was? I've just been for an ultrasound and mine is too big to pass. About 1 cm.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The one I had removed in my op was about 1.8cm mate, I still have one around 1.2cm which they are just monitoring as it is still high up in the kidney and too dangerous to try and remove until it drops or starts moving down.

Every time I get a twinge my heart skips a beat and I go and get a glass of water to keep me hydrated lol!

Have they only done an ultrasound so far?
    They should book you in for a kidney function test - they make you drink some radioactive shite, then loads of water and do a a contrast scan to make sure your other kidney is fully functional - all the time while your bursting to piss yourself.

If that comes back OK you will get booked up for the op, I was in nearly 2 weeks with mine, but it was in Stafford hospital so the fact that I even came out alive (regardless of my kidneys) is a blessing!

You'll end up with a tube going to a bag direct from your kidney, and a cathetar out your cock, and a button for some LOVELY morphine
    The hardest bit after that is trying not to drop the cathetar bag while your showering/walking - trust me you've not felt sick til you've dropped a full cathetar bag and nearly pulled your bladder through your japs eye!

Oh and you'll be constipated after rom all the meds, you have to do 3 shits before they let you out, and I've never tried harder to have a shit in my life, took me an hour to break to the seal but I hadn't had a shit for nearly a week lol!

Any questions just ask mate, I know how nerve wracking it is.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fuck...

I'm hoping they'll offer me the soundwave thingy....

Thanks
    Karma Level

If they have said it's too big to pass then I'm guessin your lookin at an op mate, sorry!

Thanks to rIKmAN

Geko (13th September 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks
    Karma Level

Had an ultrasound, today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Fucking hell. I hate this thread.
    I hope everything goes ok for you Geko.

Thanks
    Karma Level

haha, looks eerily similar to my scan, memories...memories...

Have they said its deffo an op?

Thanks
    Karma Level

haha, looks eerily similar to my scan, memories...memories...

Have they said its deffo an op?

They wanted to give me the op. I wanted shock wave. We had a 20 minute stand-off. They explained they were worried the "rubble" may block the kidney. So... Bummer.

I am seeing the guy who does the laser up the penis jobey, about whether he could get it in one go.

Sounds like I'm fucked either way.

Thanks to Geko

rIKmAN (18th April 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

You shouldn't have such a small cock mate, they said if I shake my leg a few times my next one will just fall out

Haha, hope it all goes well mate.

Thanks to rIKmAN

Geko (19th April 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

You shouldn't have such a small cock mate, they said if I shake my leg a few times my next one will just fall out

Haha, hope it all goes well mate.
    Thats just down to all the docking/playing with urethral toys...

Thanks to blacksheep

rIKmAN (19th April 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

hahah, shhhhhh!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast