Close

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: R/C T380 Quadcopter

Following this thread closely but lately it's started to sound like a foreign language! I have no idea what some of ye are talking about, haha!

Question here for the experts. How much and what's needed for a DJI Phantom 2 or similar with really decent camera and gimbal. Ability to view realtime from the camera to a phone/tablet. Ability to set a flight plan with gps and return to base if lost communication. Medium range.
    Ideally i'd like to be able to fly without a line of sight, so from a parked car etc. and have a really decent range but not have to be worried about losing connection. Ideally also something that can be at least slightly upgraded for when I start understanding some more of this technical language and can start modding.

Thanks!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Not a 'fly away' but did lose control of it earlier because I went too high. I feel a bit of a dick about it to be honest because I should have known better.
    Fortunately for me it came home and didn't cause any damage to anything or anyone. It just flipped into return home mode (you can see it happen) and landed itself.

3 Thanks given to Zoots

beerman (10th March 2014),  Fear345 (10th March 2014),  Mobileman (10th March 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

two nice vids mate, been thinking of going up to Hartshead Pike with mine and throwing about up there.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers mate.

Funnily enough, a mate of mine told me there is someone who does a bit up there. Had a mooch and sure enough there's a some vids on YT.

Going to whizz up to Strinesdale next I hope. Time for a few spare batteries as well - ten minutes goes pretty quickly.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by _Belial View Post
    I'm surprised you're getting that long of a flight time out of a 1100kv, i put motors that powerful into eCalc and it was showing about 6-7 minutes each time?

I went for the Hawkeye module and rx in the end

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6028778469.html
    http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6028778469.html

I went for those because the range seems much better than the 2.4Ghz one and less interferance, also I can mod the 9xr so that I can send telemetry back to it and display it on the screen, a mate of mine has done this with the same modules.
    Yeah theres an awful lot of variables that you have probably had to guess in Ecalc and to be honest in the years ive been using it I dont find its that accurate for Multi rotor, for single prop planes yes but for multis there are so many variables that are not taken into account. Like I said im quoting my at very best times there, I get 6 mins easy out of my 2.2 Turnigy though to be honest. Im not a fan of the 433 Mhz systems, I know what your saying about interference but with the new fasst systems its gone. Also 433 will draw more current than 2.4 and 2.4 is legal in the range of 60-70MmW so i guess i like it for that. I suppose if your flying a lot of FPV then you want the range but I think you still need LOS. Ive personally had my 2.4 FrSky with telemtry across scotland highlands at 4.6KM working a servo, I did it after the guy on Youtube did it across the welsh valleys dunno if you seen it. Also do you fly alone with your 433 dont want a comms interrupt and a fly away do you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zoots View Post
    Not a 'fly away' but did lose control of it earlier because I went too high. I feel a bit of a dick about it to be honest because I should have known better.
    Fortunately for me it came home and didn't cause any damage to anything or anyone. It just flipped into return home mode (you can see it happen) and landed itself.

I thought they were supposed to return home within a few meters from take off?
    Only in Britain….do we use the word “politics” to describe the process of Government. “Poli” in Latin meaning “many” and “tics” meaning “bloodsucking
    creatures”

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by consoles View Post
    I thought they were supposed to return home within a few meters from take off?
    Sorry mate, I'm not with you?

Thanks
    Karma Level

what ive been reading, when they lose signal etc they return home to the point of take off or within a meter or so. it looked on the video yours was quiet a way off or am i missing something lol
    Only in Britain….do we use the word “politics” to describe the process of Government. “Poli” in Latin meaning “many” and “tics” meaning “bloodsucking
    creatures”

Thanks
    Karma Level

A little bit off topic but did anyone pick up any of the cheaper go pro clones mentioned earlier in the thread ?

I'm wanting an action cam but not at gopro prices.
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

Thanks
    Karma Level

A little bit off topic but did anyone pick up any of the cheaper go pro clones mentioned earlier in the thread ?

I'm wanting an action cam but not at gopro prices.
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by consoles View Post
    what ive been reading, when they lose signal etc they return home to the point of take off or within a meter or so. it looked on the video yours was quiet a way off or am i missing something lol
    Ah got ya, sorry. No, I edited the vid mate to begin later on. The unit landed about three meters from where it took off on that path.

Thanks to Zoots

consoles (10th March 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

sweet, seriously on my to buy list, just need to get a few things sorted first. Its good to get first hand reviews as apposed to folk selling them and fake reviews.
    creatures”

Thanks
    Karma Level

I bought mine without mentioning it to the wife, when she seen it in action she actually said how impressive they are and even said so to a friend on Facebook. Now that's a review lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fear345 View Post
    I bought mine without mentioning it to the wife, when she seen it in action she actually said how impressive they are and even said so to a friend on Facebook. Now that's a review lol
    Well if you die I will buy it off her for what you told her it cost.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Told her full price £366. Price goes up with the bits I keep ordering, like batteries and cases.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lighty View Post
    Yeah theres an awful lot of variables that you have probably had to guess in Ecalc and to be honest in the years ive been using it I dont find its that accurate for Multi rotor, for single prop planes yes but for multis there are so many variables that are not taken into account. Like I said im quoting my at very best times there, I get 6 mins easy out of my 2.2 Turnigy though to be honest. Im not a fan of the 433 Mhz systems, I know what your saying about interference but with the new fasst systems its gone. Also 433 will draw more current than 2.4 and 2.4 is legal in the range of 60-70MmW so i guess i like it for that. I suppose if your flying a lot of FPV then you want the range but I think you still need LOS. Ive personally had my 2.4 FrSky with telemtry across scotland highlands at 4.6KM working a servo, I did it after the guy on Youtube did it across the welsh valleys dunno if you seen it. Also do you fly alone with your 433 dont want a comms interrupt and a fly away do you.
    4.6Km is very impressive, I managed 2.2km out of my stock tx/rx with my phantom, that's at 2.4Ghz, FPV is running on 5.8Ghz and although was visible on the journey out, as I turned it to return home I lost the image, so when it comes to kitting out my hexa I'll be picking a different place to put the antenna so it doesn't get as much interference. I mostly fly solo, always away in the wilds though, never in crowded places and use a Fi-Li-Fi GPS tracker with it's own battery so if I get a fly away should be relatively painless finding it again.

As for 433, the rx/tx's i'm using a re programmable between 420-490, and 459 is UK legal so should be fine, seen lots of reports from people using 459 for control + telemetry with great success

http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk for all your quadcopter, actioncam + rc needs :)

flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/_Belial/ (SFW) http://www.flickr.com/photos/_carljones/ (NSFW)
    psn / xbl / WiiU : rhwbanz

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't you need a HAM licence then for 459 or a I mistaken, could well be as like I said its not something that I've really been into that frequency.

Btw if your looking for range on your fpv gear then I have a mate who makes his own skew planar antennas, very high quality made. £30 for a pair delivered. Let me know if you want and I'll get you some pictures. The range you will get from them will out perform your tx anyway :-)

I have the immersion rc 600mW tx but my rx broke so I'm currently unable to do fpv, gonna wait and buy a screen with built in rx as I don't get along with fat sharks

Thanks
    Karma Level

HI mate,

AFAIK the 459 is UK legal without a HAM licence of course as long as you're not txing at more than 25mW

I use the black pearl diversity screen, 7" and built in rx, works a treat for me, I bought a set of bluebeam antenna's but tbh still not finding them all as amazing as i'd read but again think that's to do with the positioning of the antenna on my phantom and the cam/gimbal block a lot of the signal, I'll have a proper play when my hex is built

http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk for all your quadcopter, actioncam + rc needs :)

flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/_Belial/ (SFW) http://www.flickr.com/photos/_carljones/ (NSFW)
    psn / xbl / WiiU : rhwbanz

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fear345 View Post
    Told her full price £366. Price goes up with the bits I keep ordering, like batteries and cases.

Any decent source for batteries?
    From memory I was looking at some crowd on ebay at around £32?
    (Don't quote me)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zoots View Post
    Any decent source for batteries?
    From memory I was looking at some crowd on ebay at around £32?
    (Don't quote me)
    I bought a outlander 2200mha 30c from wireless madness on ebay for £17, they are in Preston so might pop in at weekend and ask for advice on what battery for longer flight time.

Thanks to Fear345

Zoots (11th March 2014)  

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast