Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Lineker, Beckham, Messi- Child Killers?

Jamie Oliver attacks Lineker and Beckham while Messi endorses KFC
    Obesity is on the uprise for kids, can they be held responsible?
    Last edited by flypitcher; 27th July 2012 at 09:18 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Lineker, Beckham, Messi- Child Killers?

yeah and have u seen how much olive oil that twat oliver puts in hos food dishes

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

olive oil is a good oil

NUTRITION FACTS OF OLIVE OIL

0 COMMENTS

Jun 14, 2011 | By Nicole Langton

Photo Credit Olive Oils image by travesty from Fotolia.com
    Olive oil gives you a natural, healthy way to flavor your food while also adding nutrients. This oil is an essential part of the Mediterranean diet, a set of dietary guidelines based on eating habits traditional around the Mediterranean Sea. Extra virgin and virgin olive oils are the least processed and popular for cooking. Add these olive oils to hot dishes like soups and casseroles or drizzle them over salads or grilled vegetables.
    HEALTHY FATS

Olive oil contains saturated, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids. Saturated fats like animal fat can raise your LDL, or bad, cholesterol. Monounsaturated fats, on the other hand, lower LDL, reducing your risk of heart disease. The most abundant monounsaturated fat in olive oil is oleic acid. The amount of oleic acid in olive oil ranges from 55 percent to 85 percent of the total fat content, says Dr. David L. Katz in the Aug. 11, 2009, edition of O, The Oprah Magazine. On the down side, olive oil contains small amounts of omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids.

VITAMINS

Vitamins E and K are abundant in olive oil. Both are important for cardiovascular health. The body needs vitamin E to form red blood cells, and vitamin K is essential for normal blood clotting. Just 100g, or about 3-1/2 oz., of olive oil contains 14mg of vitamin E and 62mcg of vitamin K, according to the OliveOilSource website. That means about 7 tbsp. of olive oil provides 93 percent of the daily recommended allowance, or RDA, of vitamin E and 59 percent of the RDA for vitamin K.
    MINERALS

Olive oil contains small amounts of the minerals iron, calcium, potassium and sodium. These minerals have several functions, among them supporting the cardiovascular system. Iron is critical for the red blood cells' ability to carry oxygen to all cells in your body. Calcium, potassium and sodium are electrolytes, which carry electrical charges that help the nerves and muscles function. Your body depends on these minerals, especially potassium, to keep your heart beating regularly.
    POLYPHENOLS

Polyphenols are antioxidants from plants. Like all antioxidants, they help protect the body's cells from damage. These compounds may contribute significantly to olive oil's health-protecting properties, says molecular biologist Helen Kollias at the Precision Nutrition website. Kollias says, however, that polyphenols alone aren't enough to provide the full health benefits of olive oil or the Mediterranean diet. For the highest amount of polyphenols, choose extra virgin or virgin olive oils.
    OLIVE OIL'S HEALTH BENEFITS

Olive oil shows promise for supporting heart health. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration recommends eating 2 tbsp., or 23g, of olive oil daily to reduce your risk of heart disease. The unsaturated fats in olive oil may also help with diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis, according the the Olive Oil Source. The American Diabetes Association recommends that people with diabetes choose unsaturated fats over saturated fats. Olive oil's anti-inflammatory action may ease rheumatoid arthritis.

REFERENCES

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/23...#ixzz21ttK5dby
    bbshark. The Member with the first ever DF Fine

http://digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=451657

Thanks to bbshark

ilscuro (28th July 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree with him....!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I grew up on drinking so much coke and the odd treat of a McDonald's. Never effected me, I was very active, out playing football at every chance or on my bike. I don't see to much harm in what kids eat provided its balanced with an active lifestyle. I still enjoy a coke and McDonald's but I've curbed it now as my body can't deal with it like it used to. Plus being sat behind a desk all day doesn't help.

Thanks
    Karma Level

He just loves his olive oil thats all i can say lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tawny View Post
    I grew up on drinking so much coke and the odd treat of a McDonald's. Never effected me, I was very active, out playing football at every chance or on my bike. I don't see to much harm in what kids eat provided its balanced with an active lifestyle. I still enjoy a coke and McDonald's but I've curbed it now as my body can't deal with it like it used to. Plus being sat behind a desk all day doesn't help.

Coke is very, very harmful. I used to drink 6 cans a day in my teens. Caused me a few ailments, including taking some of the enamel off my teeth.

My kids are allowed it as a treat, as they are a McDonalds.... But I try and regulate the amount of junk food consumed. 1 packet of crisps a day is too much, for example. They are active and slim boys, but it isn't just about obesity.

Also, if you get them eating healthy from when you ween them they will eat healthily for life. Eating habits are developed when very young and stay for life, most of the time...

Jamie Oliver is purposely over exaggerating the damage done by the celebrity endorsements. But, as with everything in this era we seem to be growing up in, money is the major motivation. Lineker, Beckham and Messi don't need the money, and could promote a healthy eating programme. But they don't. They promote Crisps and Cola. I see his point.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Agreed Geko. they could promote a healthy eating programme and probably make more money, which seems to be their god.