Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Need advice: Unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk vs Hostgator.com for hosting a Wordpress site

Have narrowed my choice for a cheaper host down to unlimitedwebhosting in the uk and hostgator in the US.

Unlimitedwebhosting £2.75/month unlimited hosting plan or the Hostgator 'baby' plan for $7.96/month Both have unlimited domains/subdomains, webspace and bandwidth so I don't see the point of a reseller plan at the moment because I only have a half a dozen small sites to host which I will be maintaining myself. I usually use ukreg web forwarding to a subdomain anyway.

One of the sites I intend to host uses Wordpress. Of the two only Hostgator actually mention that they support Wordpress. From what I have read you only needs PHP 5.2.4 and mysql 5 to run a wordpress site. But some people also say that wordpress is not fully supported my many hosts even though they have the required PHP and mysql.

So can anyone help me make the right decision, or even suggest an alternative provider that will satisfy my needs at a similar price. (">

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Need advice: Unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk vs Hostgator.com for hosting a Wordpress s

I don't know how this works on price for several sites but I was looking at host gator the other day for a wordpress site and turned out 123reg was cheaper so worth a look.

Thanks to evilsatan

BigBird (3rd August 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Need advice: Unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk vs Hostgator.com for hosting a Wordpress s

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    I don't know how this works on price for several sites but I was looking at host gator the other day for a wordpress site and turned out 123reg was cheaper so worth a look.
    Thanks for that Just had a look them, but not really suitable.
    The 123reg business plan is £4.99 which is the same as hostgator baby plan at $7.99 (around $4.99 (depending on exchange rate)). 123reg is more limited in only allowing 5 databases and only one ftp account plus a few other things. Like the fact that its UK based but would not satisfy my needs by only allowing one ftp account. Could upgrade to unlimited but the price then goes up to £8.99 which is three quid more than hostgator. (">

Thanks
    Karma Level

PM'd you BB
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw