Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

respect If you're in to the Olympics...(Olympic stadium gigapixel shot as Bolt wins)

Unbelievable

Absolutely brilliant shot - Bolt crossing the line in glorious gigapixel. So far I've zoomed in on the line and the BBC Sport "studio"

16 Thanks given to djm2k1

Show/Hide list of the thanked

BEZO (7th August 2012),  big-paul (7th August 2012),  BigBird (8th August 2012),  bomberman (8th August 2012),  corskey (7th August 2012),  ibobsy (7th August 2012),  ilscuro (7th August 2012),  markscott75 (15th August 2012),  muttleymacclad (7th August 2012),  Nibb (7th August 2012),  Northernbloke (7th August 2012),  pmg68 (7th August 2012),  Titanium (7th August 2012),  TotallyRandom (8th August 2012),  tronads (8th August 2012),  Warno (12th August 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: If you're in to the Olympics...(Olympic stadium gigapixel shot as Bolt wins)

Gutted

No iPhone/iPad show

Nevermind

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: If you're in to the Olympics...(Olympic stadium gigapixel shot as Bolt wins)

Very impressive mate. Cheers
    How about a positive LSD story? Would you like to see a positive LSD story on the news to hear what's it all about, perhaps? Wouldn't that be interesting just once?

"Today, a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves... Here's Tom with the weather".

Bill Hicks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Amazing how many people in the crowd are not watching the race when there were so many desperate for a ticket. Even Ohurugu and the yank who beat her have got their backs to the action...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Excellent, nice find.

LOl i can see me in that picture!! Although it's obviously timelapsed or something similar, as nobody is going mental or cheering as they are crossing the line. It was mad at that point.

mml
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lane 4 made me lol had to check that was really his name!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Definitely a composite, how else could you get the results and times before all the runners crossed the finish line?
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

There's no bottle on the track either!

In fact the starting blocks aint even out!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Who else spotted this

mini.jpg
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

London 2012: how mini Minis won over sponsor-weary Olympics fans

Despite the relentless marketing at the Games, the remote-controlled miniature cars have been a hit with spectators

Officials place a hammer in a radio-controlled mini, which returns them to the athletes. Photograph: Back Page Images/Rex Features

Gareth Goh has the sort of summer job most 16-year-olds could only dream of: piloting around a bumper-sized remote control car in front of 80,000 people, with the world's best athletic competition to keep you occupied during breaks.
    Goh's task, which admittedly is unpaid, is to be one of the Games volunteers controlling the quarter-scale electric Minis that whizz around the central area of the Olympic stadium, returning javelins, shots and discuses to competitors. While the days are long and the responsibility great — no one wants to be remembered as the volunteer whose car careered onto the track during a race — there is the bonus that the field events tend to pause during the noise of major running heats and finals.
    "I was there for Super Saturday, and for the 100m final on the Sunday. We get the best view you can," said Goh, one of 10 Sutton grammar school pupils working inside the stadium. "It's been pretty amazing. Some of my friends were a bit jealous at first, but we're trying to share out the job at the stadium so everyone gets to do it."
    If Goh is feeling happy with his lot, so is BMW, which owns the Mini marque and is one of the official sponsors of the Games. Marketing experts are agog at the way BMW's ad people have managed to get such a recognisable product — albeit a scaled-down one — inside the Olympic Stadium, supposedly a product placement-free zone.
    The International Olympic Committee's charter would seem to be quite clear, stating in rule 50 that "commercial installations and advertising signs shall not be allowed in the stadia". The IOC has passed the use of the cars as they carry no specific branding. Nonetheless, the IOC's television and marketing director, Timo Lumme, conceded at a press conference, that "you can recognise it's a Mini".
    If that wasn't enough, the "mini Minis", as they are inevitably called, have proved a hit with spectators and the media, giving BMW extra payback for their estimated £40m deal with the 2012 Games. The coup is all the greater given the more hostile spectator reaction to some actions by primary sponsors, for example Visa's decision to bar the use of any other cards at Olympic venues while plastering kiosks with the unlikely-sounding slogan, "Proud to accept only Visa".
    Goh's involvement came last year when, spurred on by his father, who had already volunteered, he organised a group of fellow pupils to apply to be "junior Games makers". Before he arrived at the Olympic Park he had little idea of what his duties might involve: "On our first day in the stadium one of the officials asked if we could nominate someone for a particular task. Because it had been my idea to get the team together, they picked me."
    He and the other remote-control operators had less than 15 minutes training to use the cars, he said: "They're pretty straightforward — the controls are just forward and backwards, left and right. You're really just running them up and down the field. I've not had any mishaps yet, though someone else did run his Mini into an official. They didn't seem to mind too much.
    "The only problem can sometimes be remembering which is yours, because they look identical. A couple of times I've wondered why mine isn't moving and realised I'm looking at the wrong one — you need to concentrate quite hard."
    It's not the only significant event for Goh this summer: on 23 August his GCSE results arrive. He said: "At least this has helped to keep my mind off it."

Source
    -Benjamin Franklin