Robin van Persie has completed his £24m move from Arsenal to Manchester United.

The Dutch striker, 29, has signed a four-year deal and could make his debut at Everton on Monday.
He said: "It's an honour to sign for Manchester United. "I am looking forward to following in the footsteps of so many great strikers, bringing my experience and playing my part to help the team compete for the biggest trophies in the game. I can't wait to get started."

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson said: "Robin is a world-class striker with a proven record in England and in European football.
"His talents need no introduction to our fans. He has scored a number of goals against us in some classic battles with his former club. His movement, finishing and all-round ability are outstanding."

A statement on Arsenal's website read* : "Everyone at Arsenal would like to thank Robin for his contribution during his time with the club."
Van Persie announced in July he would not extend his current deal, which was due to expire in June 2013.

It is understood Arsenal were willing to make Van Persie their highest paid player ever, but never actually offered him a new contract.
Juventus and Manchester City also bid for the striker , but it is understood that of the three, United were the only side Van Persie would have considered joining.
United will pay £22.5m, with a further £1.5m one-off bonus to follow if they win a Premier League or Champions League title in the next four years.
The Netherlands international scored 44 goals in 57 games for club and country last season.

Van Persie was named Professional Footballers' Association and Football Writers' player of the year, but scored only once as the Netherlands were eliminated at the group stage of Euro 2012.

BBC Sport