Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Fat Bastards Journo

Quote Originally Posted by Zippeyrude View Post
    interestingly i have stretch marks that run along my outer chest to bicep, ive never been fat there so must be a result of the training, good enough for me
    You ripped coont ya..... prefer the flabby stretch mark to be fair.... I think they add a certain amount of character ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

I really should get back onto this! Apologies.

Well over the Christmas period I only gained 7lbs. That was without going to the gym for around 2 weeks.

I've been back into my routine for around 2 weeks again now (6 days, with varied cardio and set weight training)

Truth be told my diet wasn't the best, I was aware I was eating too many carbs and the wrong type of carbs. So as of last week, I've been on a low fat low carb diet.

Using Myfitness pal still, I'm eating around 1600-1800 calories, whilst still training, but it's all fat free foods, or low fat foods with only two days of carbs. I

Not weighed myself in two weeks, but having lost 33lbs, I gained 7 over Chrismas, so weigh loss was down to 26lbs. I will be weighing in at the end of this week so see my change.
    "That's why I fucked your bitch you fat mother fucker"

Thanks
    Karma Level

So, clearly I fell off the bandwagon. I've got a shit load of excuses but none other than I'm a lazy twat.

I've decided to kick this back up now, and in doing that, I'm going back to My Fitness Pal and also started a blog.

http://mrxxxxl.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm not a great writer, but my feelings will be real and pains and successes will be documented the best I can.

3 Thanks given to BigBrand

Ashley (21st July 2013),  rebrabuk (22nd July 2013),  Sanj[UK] (11th September 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrand View Post
    So, clearly I fell off the bandwagon. I've got a shit load of excuses but none other than I'm a lazy twat.

I've decided to kick this back up now, and in doing that, I'm going back to My Fitness Pal and also started a blog.

http://mrxxxxl.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm not a great writer, but my feelings will be real and pains and successes will be documented the best I can.
    Good luck it's hard to keep these kind of things up and be motivated.

Thanks to Ashley

BigBrand (21st July 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Deffinitley, but enough is enough. When I had a target to work for, when I started this post, I lost 3.5stone prior to my sisters wedding.

Now I have 12 months to get into shape and drop the fat! I'm hoping have a target and having something to write into daily/bi daily will keep me on track.

Thanks
    Karma Level

So if it all goes to plan, this time next year will you be 'LittleBrand' ????

Thanks to macmilm

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by macmilm View Post
    So if it all goes to plan, this time next year will you be 'LittleBrand' ????
    I know Mods don't allow name changes, perhaps they can set an exception. Realistically, hoping to drop 5 stone in 12 months. Then push hard for another 1-1.5 in a final 5 months until I get married.

So in 12 months, I'm looking at 70lbs, which works out around 5.8lbs a month / just under 1.5lbs a week. Sounds reasonable, but once you lose the water (which in my size is easy 10lbs) then it gets harder to drop it week after week.

Slow and steady, and healthy is the key for me!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I know Mods don't allow name changes, perhaps they can set an exception. Realistically, hoping to drop 5 stone in 12 months. Then push hard for another 1-1.5 in a final 5 months until I get married.

So in 12 months, I'm looking at 70lbs, which works out around 5.8lbs a month / just under 1.5lbs a week. Sounds reasonable, but once you lose the water (which in my size is easy 10lbs) then it gets harder to drop it week after week.

Slow and steady, and healthy is the key for me!
    Bollox.. get out the Henry and give yourself a lipo only an industrial hoover can give ;-)...
    P.S are you absolutely sure you don't just need a really big shit ?

Thanks to macmilm

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bollox.. get out the Henry and give yourself a lipo only an industrial hoover can give ;-)...
    P.S are you absolutely sure you don't just need a really big shit ?
    By the time I've finished by 7 day juice detox, I won't have fuck all left inside me!

Thanks to BigBrand

macmilm (21st July 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't do a juice diet ffs. The whole term "detox" was invented as a marketing ploy, plus the amount of excess sugar you'll consume from fruit and the lack of other essential nutrients needed should make this a write off from the get go.

Eat clean, cut out carbs after 6, drink a shit load of water everyday. Simple.

Thanks
    Karma Level

What kind of stuff are you juicing mate...
    My mrs got a juicer about a month ago and she is juicing every bloody thing.. keeps bringing these shitty looking glasses of green crap in and saying 'try this its nice'
    Fuck off... I love juiced fruit but no pissing veg thanks......

P.S this might not help but over the weekend.. I found a bag of frozen berries from lidl I think, in the freezer... defrosted... order the Mrs to Juice.. added lots of wine.. dash of lemonade...
    Fookin lovely.. and since some of it went through a juicer I assume it was healthy too

That was my weekend deetox

Thanks
    Karma Level

What kind of stuff are you juicing mate...
    My mrs got a juicer about a month ago and she is juicing every bloody thing.. keeps bringing these shitty looking glasses of green crap in and saying 'try this its nice'
    Fuck off... I love juiced fruit but no pissing veg thanks......

P.S this might not help but over the weekend.. I found a bag of frozen berries from lidl I think, in the freezer... defrosted... order the Mrs to Juice.. added lots of wine.. dash of lemonade...
    Fookin lovely.. and since some of it went through a juicer I assume it was healthy too

That was my weekend deetox
    Been doing a few things. Melon and grapes with blueberries in the morning. Evenings been doing carrot, spinach, ginger, lime and tomatos. Really nice stuff.

Thanks
    Karma Level

How's it going?

Thanks to Ganty

BigBrand (31st July 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ganty View Post
    How's it going?
    Only been going since the 22nd July but 9lbs lost. It's a start but most is likely to be water I think.

Really happy, I've been keeping my blog updated everyday although I'm not a writer so it's pretty boring but it gives me an outlet mrxxxxl.blogspot.com and also on my fitness pal.

Been trying really hard to keep it as low fat as possible, I've not been doing any exercise as I'm still in pain and hobbling with my ankle injury so exercise is a simple no on at the moment.

Anyway I decided it input my final day before I started as a shock reminder what a Mcdonalds breakfast, sandwhich crisps and a roast dinner can be like.

This is my fat intake.

I've been hungry a few times, but an Apple and a pint of water gulped down sorts that out. I'm just itching to fuck to get into the gym. Mrs says I've lost my arse a bit, which guess is good news.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think you need to be careful here mate.

Whilst You're trying to do something positive, I think you've been a bit hasty into your research. The body needs fat to function. It doesn't need sugar. The sheer amount of sugar, although natural, found in the quantities of fruit you've been eating is probably too high. Swap the fruit for seeds or mixed nuts if you need a snack.

Thanks to Ganty

BigBrand (2nd August 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ganty View Post
    I think you need to be careful here mate.

Whilst You're trying to do something positive, I think you've been a bit hasty into your research. The body needs fat to function. It doesn't need sugar. The sheer amount of sugar, although natural, found in the quantities of fruit you've been eating is probably too high. Swap the fruit for seeds or mixed nuts if you need a snack.
    Thanks for that mate. As of this week, I've swapped the large portions of fruit in the morning for a muller light and a single piece of fruit. I'm not a huge deeds fan, but might look into nuts then instead.

Would you say I need to increase my fat intake then? As I always thought the lower the better, as then your body uses the fat reserves for what it needs.

Thanks
    Karma Level

also, if you go down the starvation route (1000 cals) just be mindful of the chance that the body could seek to store energy reserves

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zippeyrude View Post
    also, if you go down the starvation route (1000 cals) just be mindful of the chance that the body could seek to store energy reserves
    I thought this was only true with smaller people? And 1000/1500 calories for someone who is 23 stone it wouldn't come into effect?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I thought this was only true with smaller people? And 1000/1500 calories for someone who is 23 stone it wouldn't come into effect?
    Your body will use the easiest to convert energy first when in starvation mode, this is true regardless of your size. At 23 stone, a normal calorie of intake of 2500 would still provide a calorie deficit, so you'd lose weight, but in a much more controlled and sustainable way.

I know you want results quickly, which is where a lot of people have issues. Quick very rarely provides lasting results, as it takes your body a certain amount of months to be accustomed to a lifestyle.

In my opinion, you'd be better off sticking to these simple rules. Note that you may not get rapid results, but you will get results, and they'll be sustainable, be easier for you, and make you feel better.

- WATER - all day, every day. If you drink tea/coffee, do it without milk/sugar.
    - Breakfast - Always eat breakfast to kick start the metabolism. I love greek yogurt (full fat) and mixed nuts
    - Carbs - Essential for steady energy supplies, but no carbs after 6pm. Have your evening meal at 5.
    - Snacks - Essential again for consistent energy and to stop foul moods, headaches etc... 1 snack between meals (Nuts, seeds, side salad etc... Just try and avoid having fruit every time - natures candy)
    - Eat clean - Bake, don't fry, avoid shit like margarine and mayo on sandwiches. Obvious things really. No cake/refined sugar - it's addictive.
    - Preparation - Often overlooked, but so important. It's so easy to grab a pasty when we forget our lunch. Don't forget. Do it the night before, keep a diary/journal.
    - Vitamins - Take a multivitamin daily for a week and see what difference it makes. I'm a fan of berocca, a multi-vit and a good boost to the water intake.

The other one, obviously, is exercise. With your ankle as it is obviously this is going to be problematic for a while, but try swimming, sit ups, any upper body exercise. If you're sweating you're winning.

There are people on here who know a shit load more about exercise (Roach-Rampino) and nutrition (Czar Junkie), search for their previous posts in this section and you'll find a gold mine of information. Neither of them, and rightly so, enjoy repeating themselves though - if you ask for help, listen to them, and read what they've already contributed before asking them a question they've answered 20 times before.

Thanks to Ganty

BigBrand (2nd August 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

So it's about time I lost weight as I'm a fat bastard..
    yeah, do take it suitably easy and build up.

But more power to you! My tip, that helped me greatly (and I need to go back to it) is dont fully cut out things that might be bad. But reduce/have the occasional small bit of what you fancy.

We are all different and well done for making a start!

Q

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast