Hi guys,

Recently been doing some accounts and searching why my mobile bills were so high with T-mobile for the last 6 months. Turns out my Galaxy S2 contract bought through Tesco phone shop didn't have any data allowance added. Tesco confirmed that it should have been on there as that's what they sold me, and have contacted T-mobile to refund the data charges.

I've been looking to try and escape T-mobile since they screwed me on some call charges abroad when my phone was stolen (lesson learnt, get insurance) and their general lack of responding to my calls about it. I've trawled through the Terms and Conditions and can't find anything specific, and was wondering if anyone had any experience to see if this was terms for termination of the contract I entered into, as I basically haven't been receiving what I paid for and it's taken it's financial toll (albeit soon to be refunded).

Thanks for any help, suppose I'm looking for a way out and a chance to get start a fresh phone (S2 stolen 3 months into a 24 month contract).