Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Car Insurance is disgusting this year...!

Mine dropped by £100/30% this year. £250 for the year on a Lancer sport, well happy with that

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

been driving for 3 years

1st Years Insurance = £1,200
    Cost of Car = £1,100

2nd Years Insurance = £850
    Cost of Car = £1,200

3rd Years Insurance = £425
    Same Car as previous year

which is taking the piss at the best of times but the icing on the Cake is i only drive a Ford KA, it was the cheapest thing i could find with an engine over 1.1
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Mines just dropped £200. I have moved though, but £200 is a lot of dough.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

mines dropped £8

Thanks
    Karma Level

Despite having full no claims, mine has not dropped in years, even when building the no claims back up!
    It is due in October, and I envisage it will be around £600 again.

However in march the 3 year finance option is up and we will be looking for a 'Family' car/
    As much as I hate to, Peugeot are doing a 'just add fuel' deal...
    For about £200 a month we get a new car and all we have to do is... yep you guessed it.

Currently the car is costing £145 finance, £25 Service plan, £50 Insurance (if you take into account £600 over 12 months). But to get another car and keep the payments low, we will have to hand over another £2000+ deposit which we will never see. This is why the Pug deal is tempting.

I like hassle free motoring. I seriously, even once a year, can not be arsed sitting in bloody Kwik Fit whilst they do the MOT and paying £40 for the privilege of wasting a morning/afternoon... Even worse if you then have to get something fixed.
    Last edited by Goldberg; 30th August 2013 at 03:46 PM.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

^^

I highly recommend never going to Kwik Fit. They fucked my Audi up beyond repair. Had to part ex it in the end.

As for my insurance. I am paying £300 a year on a 2 year old C Class. Admittedly a small engine one. But I have no voluntary excess and all the bells and whistles.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    Despite having full no claims, mine has not dropped in years, even when building the no claims back up!
    It is due in October, and I envisage it will be around £600 again.

However in march the 3 year finance option is up and we will be looking for a 'Family' car/
    As much as I hate to, Peugeot are doing a 'just add fuel' deal...
    For about £200 a month we get a new car and all we have to do is... yep you guessed it.

Currently the car is costing £145 finance, £25 Service plan, £50 Insurance (if you take into account £600 over 12 months). But to get another car and keep the payments low, we will have to hand over another £2000+ deposit which we will never see. This is why the Pug deal is tempting.

I like hassle free motoring. I seriously, even once a year, can not be arsed sitting in bloody Kwik Fit whilst they do the MOT and paying £40 for the privilege of wasting a morning/afternoon... Even worse if you then have to get something fixed.
    don't go to the main stream garages unless you have too, i have a couple of friends who are very good mechanics and one of them runs his own garage so i just take it to him, its cheaper and helps him out and i can trust him
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Being an old sod comes in handy now and again for things like this. £240 with £100 excess and FNC protection. 13' plate Hyundai 1.6

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Renewal came up.

Doubled in price with Swiftcover (£550). Changed to eSure who have never offered me reasonable quotes in the past. But this year, the cheapest ever.

Me AND the missus on our '03 2.0 TDCI Mondeo Ghia X... £226. Bargain!!

Always shop about kids!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was with Swiftcover, their renewal was very good (the £140 drop) however yeah, I also went with ESure which resulted in my £200 drop

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I have always used a mix of either compare the meerkaat or go compare. I am lucky in the fact that I have 2 homes. In Leeds its £200 more than my Country abode. My quotes always go up for the next year from the company I am with, but once I go thru the compare sites the same cover is cheaper as a new customer. This really pisses me off so they get a snotty call to their abudabi call centre and I VENT my anger on them
    Last edited by Mickey; 1st September 2013 at 10:49 AM. Reason: typo

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheapest this year that i have ever had, 06 120d Sport me and misses came in at £250 with no excess 20,000 miles and 4000 business miles - Seriously over the moon .... then i had to replace all my breaks that cost more then the year's cover!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I had a strange year. My insurance went up when I changed car, despite a massive argument they did not budge (went from Hyundia Coupe2.0 to PooGuet 206 GLX 1.6). I was tied in somehow (small print) and could not pull out. Then on renewal, I noted they had notionally dropped it. Somewhat confused, went onto a comparison site to go through motions, got over a %50 saving from M&S, in a panic that I had done something wrong, I pressed the button to be called, I trust M&S after all. It was all fine and as I had the wife’s job down wrong, it went down a further £5.

My only concern is I have 11 yrs NCB, but their company only shows up to 9 as will the certificate, so any future renewal, while all paperwork to prove and legit, may be difficult to explain.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_2K View Post
    don't go to the main stream garages unless you have too, i have a couple of friends who are very good mechanics and one of them runs his own garage so i just take it to him, its cheaper and helps him out and i can trust him
    Back in the day my old man had a Scorpio 2.9. Kwik Fit once totally flooded the engine with oil during a service, engine wouldn't even turn over. Didn't quite run the same after so he had a crypton tune after and one of the cylinders only reported 66% while the others were healthy.

Then he got hit seriously hard, insurance had it repaired by a Ford main dealer but the car had intermittent ABS problems ever since that no-one managed to get to the bottom off.

I've also found out that in a lot of places, they have allocated times for jobs. They don't care that your XYZ filter is totally seized and doesn't want to budge in the allocated 2 mins or whatever. This then means either one little service job could be holding up all the other jobs for the day, or that filter just doesn't get changed.

Lesson learned, all work gets done at home. If end up having a shitty day where a tiny job turns to a nightmare I can be satisfied at least it was done properly and not bodged to get it out in time.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by QfanatiQ View Post

My only concern is I have 11 yrs NCB, but their company only shows up to 9 as will the certificate, so any future renewal, while all paperwork to prove and legit, may be difficult to explain.
    Im the same m8, I have about 17 yrs ncb and the max that shows is 9. I just tell the insurers that I have "full no claims", That seems to satisfy them..
    TAR seems to be a decent bloke!

Thanks
    Karma Level

saw this thread and mine was up for renewal at esure they want 305 just got a quote for 185 all in through confused.com happy days

glad i saw the thread as i was about to let it auto renew

Thanks to emu

DejaVu (3rd September 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Esure seem to be the cheapest for me aswell.. bit of a theme here

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by TAR View Post
    Im the same m8, I have about 17 yrs ncb and the max that shows is 9. I just tell the insurers that I have "full no claims", That seems to satisfy them..
    I was with Admiral that showed 9+ (whatever) on thier system. Well, at least I have the paperwork, but thats good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    saw this thread and mine was up for renewal at esure they want 305 just got a quote for 185 all in through confused.com happy days

glad i saw the thread as i was about to let it auto renew
    Nice, !

Q

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

800 on a mk5 golf gti. I could have got it cheaper but they were insurers I never heard of and didn't offer some things that I get from elephant. Hopefully this year it drops again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123