Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC Sport Rooney denies United exit talk

Rooney denies United exit talk

Rooney: Staying at Old Trafford

Wayne Rooney has dismissed reports he will be sold by Manchester United before the transfer window shuts on Friday as "absolute rubbish".
    Reports have suggested Rooney's future lies away from Old Trafford with claims that his £40million sale will be rubberstamped before the window slams shut.
    United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has already insisted the England striker, currently out of action with a leg injury sustained in Saturday's defeat of Fulham, remains in his plans.
    And Rooney himself said via his Twitter account on Wednesday evening: "Read the nonsense in the papers and heard what people have to say. absolute rubbish #heretostay."
    However, the striker's chances of figuring in Sunday's Premier League encounter with Southampton appear non-existent because of the injury - and it seems inevitable he will also miss England's opening World Cup qualifiers against Moldova and Ukraine next month.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/80...ited-exit-talk

Well I hope there is no truth in this and I am glad he has come out to say he is happy. I think once back and in a good run of form where he has scored a few goals in a good partnership with RvP this story will blow over. Just wonder where this story has come from though, whether its the club or his agent, i dont know but I just hope he remains at the club to form a devestating partnership with RvP.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Rooney denies United exit talk

I think it's pretty well known that his Mrs wants to stay in the North West so I can't see him going anywhere. He looks pretty unfit at the minute too so I can't see anyone taking a punt on him anyway.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Those who are saying he is leaving forget how young he still is. He has at least 5 years at the top level, provided he quits the fags and the burgers. RVP does not.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Get rid of him he was shit for last season for utd and was disgraceful at the euros for England

Well past his best now even tho hes 26-27

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Men View Post
    Get rid of him he was shit for last season for utd and was disgraceful at the euros for England

Well past his best now even tho hes 26-27

shit for united last season?? did you see his goal return? because if he was shit, what does that make all of the other strikers in the league because only van persie outscored him. and his job last year was to score goals as he was playing the role of a number 9, no issues with that, and the euros...........well that was a disaster because he had no game time prior to the tournament and missed 2 games of the tournament, sending a player in cold to a tournament is jsut retarded. this boy will score more goals and he has got at LEAST 5 more years at the top, he is not michael owen who kinda started to fizzle out at this stage of his career.

Thanks
    Karma Level

of course hes not leaving, it was printed int he "The Sun" the Beano of the modern day newspapers FFS!!