Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Help technomate 500 bouquet update help (total n00b)

hi,

i have a technomate 500 all set up and working (kinda), but the channels are all over the place, some missing, some dont work etc etc etc. i have downloaded the latest sgtflipflop skyuk enigma bouquet number 1, but have NO IDEA what to do now. i had this all set up by someone i cannot get in touch with now, but i could really do with learning how to update it myself. i have googled and googled, searched on here, but i cannot find a tutorial for a total noob like me. can anyone please point me in the right direction? all i wanna do is put this new bouquet on it. cheers in advance.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: technomate 500 bouquet update help (total n00b)

Well I have the Vu+Duo , but as they are both Enigma2 boxes (i think), the instructions should be the same.

Here's what I do...(I assume you have dreambox edit, and have set it up with your boxes ip)
    1. Unzip the three files from sgtflipflop.
    2. fire up dreamboxedit and "open" the foler where the SGTFlipFlop.Enigma2 files are. Click open.
    3. all the channels should appear and the boquets on the right....drag over any regiona variations you want to make. Click Save, then click Fast Upload.
    4. Using an FTP client, connect to your box (mine uses the username root and a blank password).
    5. FTP the PIcon folder to wherever you are storing it (mine is /usr/share/enigma2)
    6. FTP the .channelinfo file to /etc folder
    7. I then reboot my box and do a force epg reload....but i dont know if this is required.

Thanks to tronads

beacytan (19th September 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Here is how to upgrade your Dreambox with the latest up-to-date Bouquets, Using the App DreamboxEdit (Found In The Download Section) All you need to do is manually edit your Regional channels (BBC & ITV) Info on how to later in tutorial.

Step 1 :- Open DreamboxEdit

Step 2 :- Now click Options Logo or (Tools > Options)

This section will appear, OK time to insert your Dreambox details (Only need to do this once).

IP of Dreambox :- Whatever your IP, Your Dreambox uses to access the Internet (Usually found in Network settings on Dreambox)

Username = root | Password = dreambox | These are the default settings input as I have or unless you changed them manually enter what you changed them to.

Enigma1 = Dreambox 500, 600, 7020 Users Click Satellite Receiver(Grey Box - Right Hand Side) then file path should say this :- /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/

Enigma2 = Vu Solo/Duo, Dreambox 500 HD, 800, 8000 Users ClickEnigma2 Settings (Grey Box - Right Hand Side) then file path should say this :- /etc/enigma2/

Click on Advanced Tab and make sure Display 'Reboot Dreambox' option on FTP screen is ticked

Click save and thats you done with this bit.

Step 3 :- Now click Open Icon, or (File > Open) Browse your Downloaded Bouquet and click OK, Will Look like the image below

Changing Regional Channels, Find your Regional Channel and drag it across from left column into the middle column and delete the one you don't want (Do this for BBC & ITV channels) make sure you click save.

Step 4 :- Ready to send files to Dreambox now. Click FTP icon or (File > FTP)

First set out exactly how I have Untick all 3 boxes at the bottom left.

Select IP Settings Set :- Make sure the profile you created is chosen.

Now click 'Send Files To Dreambox' Let it do its job, It should say complete.

Next click 'Reload Settings On Dreambox' Again let it do its job, It should say complete.

Finally click 'Reboot Dreambox' and by now your new settings should be uploaded to your Dreambox

The End.
    Not my work just copied and pasted from another forum. The technomate 500 is Enigma 1

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

Thanks to bobo06

beacytan (19th September 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

thank you very much lads, i am off to download dreambox edit!

i'll let you know how i get along.

MUCH appreciated!!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i cant just 'open' the new sgtflipflop files, it says it needs to download the files from my box first? i download them from the box to computer, point dreambox edit at the dir with the sgtflipflop files in, then send the files to dreambox reload/reboot but it doesnt reboot. i manually reboot it and nothing... its just the same shit on there as it was... i have also updated the software (f/w) on the box and it seems a whole load more resoonsive... the channels remain SHIT though... any more help much appreciated!

Thanks
    Karma Level

if you have vix on duo i can send you a plugin which download sky uk bouquets direct from dbuk server. PM me

Thanks to eblaster101

beacytan (22nd September 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks eblaster - i effectively bricked it by doing a factory restore and having no idea what my server was or anything else. its now back in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing - supposedly! cheers for the help lads