Close

Thread: Gay bars !!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Gay bars !!!

It really pisses me off when you try to walk into a gay bar to be told sorry members night only .... In other words your not gay your not getting in !!! If you had a bar and refused to let gays in you would be done for discrimination so why when I try to get in with friends of mine that are gay should I be refused by the door men .. One rule for one ... Not right in thees days of equality

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Gay bars !!!

Forget your stilettos?

3 Thanks given to DejaVu

barrysmith (15th October 2012),  darkstar (14th October 2012),  Zoots (15th October 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I once went in a gay bar by mistake, it was only after i ordered a pint that i realised ffs.

Getting in without being questioned worried me after lol

Thanks to ilscuro

darkstar (14th October 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

why didnt you just ask how to become a member?
    bbshark. The Member with the first ever DF Fine

http://digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=451657

Thanks to bbshark

Goldberg (15th October 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

My Niece is gay and we all used to end up down the local gay club when out on the town, and to be honest I loved the place. Music was cracking and people were great.. Yeah, I had a few 'come ons' but just let them know up the arse isn't my scene and that was the end of it..not sure the doormen realised I wasn't 'Gay' and let me in by mistake though? How would they know?
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level
    bbshark. The Member with the first ever DF Fine

http://digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=451657

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bbshark View Post
    why didnt you just ask how to become a member?
    The members thing was just a load of crap it's the discrimination I don't like ... It's against the law to discriminate agains gender so that means I should not be discriminated against as well ...

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've been knocked back from Garlands in Liverpool (before the fire) for "not looking gay enough" but on other occasions when I was allowed in, I've had a great time!

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I was in Brighton last weekend for a music festival and went out on the town afterwards in a group of 4 lads. We were all merry but by no means drunk, loud or leary. Most places wouldn't let us in due to 'capacity having been met' but a few doormen were just honest and said you need to split up into pairs and try elsewhere. These weren't specifically gay bars but goes to show how things are different. I did once go to a gay bar in Stoke, guess who recommended it , but luckily had picked up some local birds in Chicagos beforehand who also wanted to go there as apparently it was the only decent place to go after 11. We were let in as we paired with the girls and it was decent, no trouble and everyone just having a laugh to cheesy music.

We were in Liverpool the night before Creamfields in a group of 8 very loud, very drunk lads and got let in all but one bar and were only refused as one of us was struggling to walk straight, these were normal bars though.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    a few doormen were just honest and said you need to split up into pairs and try elsewhere.
    Not really much of a clubber myseelf these days but when I was younger I remember shitloads of times where we would turn up with a 10-20 strong group of lads and the bouncers would say we needed to split up and find some birds to enter with, then we would be asking anything looking remotely female in the queue whether we could go in with them... pointless waste of time.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Gay bars !!!

Few years back me and a work colleague were down London way doing a trade show at earls court and one night ventured out down earls court road for some beers. It was a Thursday and pretty dead apart from this one bar which looked lively and music sounded good. We got to the door, got looked up and down by the doorman followed by "you do realise this is a gay club lads" to which we politely acknowledged and moved on to an Irish pub. Afterward we were pretty chuffed we passed the 'not gay looking test' lol Our boss was atv the hotel still that night and the next day we tried to persuade him to try and get in but he wouldn't take the challenge lol. Never occurred to me at the time we were possibly bring discriminated against, I'm not homophobic or anything but don't appreciate it being forced in my face (not literally) in the same way Jehovah's witnesses do with their beliefs on your door step. So no loss we wearnt encouraged in

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by darkstar View Post
    It really pisses me off when you try to walk into a gay bar to be told sorry members night only .... In other words your not gay your not getting in !!! If you had a bar and refused to let gays in you would be done for discrimination so why when I try to get in with friends of mine that are gay should I be refused by the door men .. One rule for one ... Not right in thees days of equality
    Bummer !

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    I was in Brighton last weekend for a music festival and went out on the town afterwards in a group of 4 lads. We were all merry but by no means drunk, loud or leary. Most places wouldn't let us in due to 'capacity having been met' but a few doormen were just honest and said you need to split up into pairs and try elsewhere. These weren't specifically gay bars but goes to show how things are different. I did once go to a gay bar in Stoke, guess who recommended it , but luckily had picked up some local birds in Chicagos beforehand who also wanted to go there as apparently it was the only decent place to go after 11. We were let in as we paired with the girls and it was decent, no trouble and everyone just having a laugh to cheesy music.

We were in Liverpool the night before Creamfields in a group of 8 very loud, very drunk lads and got let in all but one bar and were only refused as one of us was struggling to walk straight, these were normal bars though.
    Lol, as opposed to looking like you take it up the shitter bars
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933