Close

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Outlook for OSX freezing randomly

I have had a support request for this, I will try to describe it using the info I have been given.

Several times a day when composing an email in Outlook 2011 it will freeze and the pinwheel will appear. Sometimes this if for a few seconds, sometimes for up to a minute. I am told it happens when typing but it may happen when not typing too, I have been told it only happens when composing but they may just not notice it happening when the app isn't in use.

My thoughts were the Exchange is syncing or another process is running when it occurs. They have told me that the status in the bottom right corner of Outlook does not say it is syncing mail and there are no scheduled events.

I have looked online and it seems plenty of people have similar problems, one suggested fix was to reinstall Safari which I have done, now time will tell if it helps or not.

In the meantime I thought I would see if anyone else has experienced the problem? I don't use mac or Outlook so haven't come across it myself.

It is running Snow Leopard and the RAM has been upgraded (they thought this would remedy) but has not helped.

Cheers

BTW They are on BT Infinity and the mailbox size on the exchange is 1.4GB used out of 2GB so I doubt it is a bandwidth issue.
    Last edited by evilsatan; 25th October 2012 at 03:26 PM.