Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Cell-push policeman Mark Andrews wins job ruling

I recall seeing the video of it on YT a while ago (Added YT link below source)

A police officer who was sacked after a woman prisoner was dragged across a floor and thrown in a cell must get his job back, a High Court judge has ruled.

Sgt Mark Andrews was jailed in 2010 for assaulting the 60-year-old, but had his conviction quashed on appeal.

Mark Andrews spent six days in jail

He was sacked by Wiltshire Police, but an appeals tribunal ordered him to be reinstated to his £36,000 a year job.

On Friday, the High Court rejected the force's application for a judicial review of the tribunal ruling.

In his judgement released on Friday Mr Justice Ouseley said he expected the order for reinstatement made by the tribunal to be implemented "with full regard to its conclusions, and the failure of this unarguable challenge".

Ms Somerville had been arrested after she was found asleep in her car near her Colerne home

'Intolerant actions'

Wiltshire Police said it had been a "lengthy legal process" and one which was "necessary and right" to follow.

Chief Constable Pat Geenty added he did not believe it would be reasonable or proportionate to seek further legal appeal.

"I will now enter into discussions with Mark Andrews and his representatives in relation to his integration back into Wiltshire Police as a warranted police officer.

"The Police Appeals Tribunal accepted that Mark Andrews' actions were intolerant and discreditable and I felt they were a disgrace - there was no place in Wiltshire Police for this behaviour then nor is there now.

"While I believe the Police Discipline Panel's decision to dismiss Mark Andrews was correct, I accept the legal authority which states he must be reinstated."

William Mousley QC, who defended Sgt Andrews, said: "The judge's decision was that the then chief constable's [Brian Moore] challenge was 'unarguable', that Sgt Andrews had been 'handsomely acquitted' in the crown court, and 'properly acquitted' by the Police Appeals Tribunal.

"The judge also indicated that the then chief constable had refused to accept that the original discipline panel could even possibly have been wrong.

"The proceedings against Sgt Andrews are now at an end, more than four years after the events which gave rise to them and this ruling allows him finally to be reinstated, nearly two years after being dismissed."

Six-month term

Sgt Andrews' trial had been shown CCTV footage captured in July 2008 in which he is seen dragging Pamela Somerville across the floor of Melksham police station and throwing her on to the floor of a cell.

Pamela Somerville suffered injuries to her face

In September 2010, the officer was found guilty of causing Ms Somerville actual bodily harm and jailed for six months.

Sgt Andrews spent six days in prison but was bailed ahead of an appeal hearing against his conviction at Oxford Crown Court, which he won in November 2010.

His conviction was quashed after the appeal judge felt satisfied that Sgt Andrews had not intended to throw Ms Somerville into the cell

Despite that ruling Wiltshire Police sacked the officer, saying that, while not criminal, his behaviour had fallen "well below the standards expected".

Ms Somerville had been arrested after she was found asleep in her car near her Colerne home.

Police claimed she was detained for failing to provide a sample for a breath test.

She denied any wrongdoing and the charges against her were dropped due to insufficient evidence.

>>Source<<

YT Vid:

"An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Cell-push policeman Mark Andrews wins job ruling

Whole things stinks, one corrupt judge over rules a Jury when you can clearly see him throwing the woman to the floor he even bends his front leg to put more behind the push and even going to the cell you can see him twisting her arm which sends her to the floor.

Thanks
    Karma Level

This is a fucking disgrace. What example does this set for our cuntish police force?

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

@ 1:39 does he hit her ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by I Black Belt View Post
    @ 1:39 does he hit her ?
    puts a wrist lock on which forces he to the floor

Thanks
    Karma Level

And the govt wonder why there are riots based on public alienation and disrespect for authority...

Id hope that the european courts can intervene, and send the cunt back behind bars and get smashed up every day by the cons

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    puts a wrist lock on which forces he to the floor
    ahh yes - I see it now. Looked like he smacked her one. Either way, absolutely wrong IMO

Thanks
    Karma Level

excess force! and back at work, I wonder what compo he will get and how long he was off on "gardening leave" on full pay. The guy has little or no remorse about throwing about an older woman. The whole thing fuckin stinks. Conspiracy theory.. didn't the masons do well!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Police are bad enough and the judges are even worse. My daughters partner was in court last December in a custody hearing over his kids, and after ten minutes the judge said "I'm not hearing any more of this case today, I've got a xmas party to go to. This was mid morning.
    When it went back to court in February it was unbelievable the way the judge didn't seem to take any notice on the second day when my daughters partner was giving evidence. The judge stopped before he had started giving evidence properly and say he was adjourning until a further date. When my daughters partner questioned why he wasn't going to listen to the evidence the judge said " I already made my mind up yesterday anyway". So he had only heard one side and had made his mind up, wasn't paying attention, and adjourned the case to suit himself.
    My daughters partners solicitor said afterwards that the judge was wrong and wasn't doing his job properly. The trouble is they won't report him because it could work against them in other cases. The judges are too powerful and get away with it because the legal profession is afraid to stand up to them.

Wish I could earn a small fortune for acting like a twat.

And before anyone comes back with witty comments I'll say it myself - yes I know I'd be a millionaire by now. (">