Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nokia Lumia 920

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Nokia Lumia 920

no multitasking from what i can tell
    7.5 mango update (which you should have) has this, hold down back button and you can scroll through apps

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah I got that.

Didn't think it was actually multi-tasking though as you can only go back not forward.

Skype still is a back of wank tho, and IRC777. Both of which would be great if they stayed alive.

***EDIT***

Scratch that, you can go back and forward but doesn't help Skype or IRC

DJ OD

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Picked up a black 920 from Phones4u at the weekend sim free. Have to say the hardware look and feel is second to none. The weight isn't noticeable after you handle it a few times. UI is really good the live tiles work great. Xbox integration is the killer for me though can't resist earning some G's during the day when i get a chance and the achievement sound and pop up is just as addictive as it is on the xbox.

Nokia really got back to top form with the 920, camera quality is stunning even in low light and that ois lens really makes a big difference. 2 solid days on a full charge is earning it lots of plus points. Hopefully with more adopters the windows store will get fleshed out with some quality apps but it's getting there slowly.
    Last edited by Armoured Hawk; 31st January 2013 at 01:53 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

anybody still using one of these?

or have you decided the apps situation isnt good enough and gone back to android?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah still using it and love it mate, apps not an issue at all ;-)

Thanks to akimba

emu (21st April 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by akimba View Post
    Yeah still using it and love it mate, apps not an issue at all ;-)
    how do you find the weight of it? been reading up tonight and every review says its a bit porky

i think i have found most of my apps i used on android - sky , sky sports,dropbox (will use skydrive), i think the only thing i will miss is something like tapatalk

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i've eventually bought mine today off ebay, i'll let you know what I think once its arrived and i've used it for a few days.

Its better to burn out than to fade away...............

Thanks
    Karma Level

No real issue with the weight at all it is comparable with the S3, I got mine in a leather case which adds to the size.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Still use it, still love it
    Odd apps I can't get I use an iPad for, Flipboard, F1 timing, banking, iPlayer etc

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    Currently using a Lumia 800.

Nice phone. Better OS than android TBH. Only a few niggles with some apps due to not running in background (no multitasking from what i can tell). Namely Skype and IRC. Both apps work fine when you are "in" them. If you come out of the app or get a call or something, you are disconnected. Which is pointless. Upshot is you cannot get Skype calls or messages unless the phone is running the app and its visible, IE not locked.

iPhones were just starting to piss me off too much. Well iTunes was.

DJ OD
    No multitasking? that puts in behind iOS and Android all by itself surely?
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    No multitasking? that puts in behind iOS and Android all by itself surely?
    Well the hardware does it, just some apps don't. Namely Skype, which is ridiculous and some IRC client i was playing with.

It's actually a very good OS. Better than Android IMO. Not as fluid as iOS though. If you are not too fussed about total app compatibility then its fine.

DJ OD

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I just returned to Android and have to say JellyBean is a cracking OS, none of the little niggles I used to get and I have no interest in fiddling with so I'm really happy with the Sony version which is pretty vanilla.I like the look of the 920 but just got put off by the fact that it's Windows, burned too often back in the WM days.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

The phone multitasks well, never had an issue of switching between apps or that music stops playing cos I am running another app or anything similar. OS is slick it is slightly different to the others but once you work out how to get about on it then its so easy to use.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    I just returned to Android and have to say JellyBean is a cracking OS, none of the little niggles I used to get and I have no interest in fiddling with so I'm really happy with the Sony version which is pretty vanilla.I like the look of the 920 but just got put off by the fact that it's Windows, burned too often back in the WM days.
    Nothing like WM was TBH. I would certainly recommend someone testing it out to see, as you might think its okay.

The live tiles and email on it are really good.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    Nothing like WM was TBH. I would certainly recommend someone testing it out to see, as you might think its okay.

The live tiles and email on it are really good.

DJ OD
    Windows Phone is the best OS nobody has ever heard of. I'm running Windows 8 on my desktop, I have a Surface RT and all I need to complete the circle is a Windows Phone. I would get the Nokia Lumia 920 if it weren't so damn big, for me the best compromise would be the Lumia 820 form factor with the 920 innards.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

They aint that big, u all making it out that it is as big as a bus lol
    iPhone 5
    Height: 123.8 mm (4.87 inches)
    Width: 58.6 mm (2.31 inches)
    Depth: 7.6 mm (0.30 inches)
    Weight: 112 grams (3.95 ounces)
    Display: 4-inch
    Lumia 920
    Height: 130.3 mm
    Width: 70.8 mm
    Thickness1: 10.7 mm
    Weight: 185 g
    Display size: 4.5 ''
    So it 7mm Longer, 12mm Wider but you are getting a 4.5inch screen
    It weighs alot more but it feels like you got something solid in your hand rather than a toy if you with me

Thanks to akimba

emu (22nd April 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    how do you find the weight of it? been reading up tonight and every review says its a bit porky

i think i have found most of my apps i used on android - sky , sky sports,dropbox (will use skydrive), i think the only thing i will miss is something like tapatalk
    There is an app called board express that is based on tapatalk and has DF on it

2 Thanks given to David B

akimba (23rd April 2013),  emu (22nd April 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

hopefully be here tomorrow

had most of the top end androids and iphones so will post back my findings

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by David B View Post
    There is an app called board express that is based on tapatalk and has DF on it
    One of the best forum apps on iOS and Android is coming to Windows Phone. Yes, Tapatalk

By Sam Sabri, Monday, Apr 22, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Level with me, you go on other forums besides ours here at Windows Phone Central. You might like BMWs and frequent Bimmerforums. Or you’re a Bronie and frequent MLPForums, it's ok, we really won’t tell anyone about that one. For our forums you can just use our app for great access on the go, but for other forums you’ll need an app like Board Express or Foroplex. The only problem with Foroplex is that it won’t be getting many updates in the future.
    But that’s a good thing because an official Tapatalk app for Windows Phone is coming.
    What’s Tapatalk? It’s an app on those other mobile platforms that users love to use for access to their favorite forums on the web. Check out the ratings for Tapatalk on iOS and Android and you’ll see thousands of reviews averaging close to 5 stars, people really like this app for forums and it’s coming to Windows Phone!
    Foroplex was an unofficial app in the Windows Phone Store that allowed us to check in on our favorite forums that have enabled Tapatalk. It’s great for communities that don’t have the means or reasons to build a dedicated app for their forums, but still have enough users that would prefer a native experience vs. using the mobile web. So why is Foroplex not going to continue development of their app for Windows Phone? Because they’ve been acquired by Quoord Systems Limited, the company in charge of Tapatalk. Searching for Foroplex in the Store won't give you any results because it's been hidden (get if here if you want an app with no future updates) If you fire up Foroplex this is the latest message from the developer:
    “You have noticed that there is a long time since last update. This is because Foroplex has been acquired by Quoord Systems Limited, the Tapatalk team, so I have stopped Foroplex development. You can continue using Foroplex, but don’t expect new releases.
    Now I’m working hard with Tapatalk official team to give you full Tapatalk experience in your WP device as iOS/Android users have. I can’t give you more details until official announcement. Thanks for supporting Foroplex, especially to people who bought the app, without which, after all, this would not have been possible.”
    There you have it, an official Tapatalk client will be coming to Windows Phone in the (hopefully near) future. We’ve reached out to the developer and Tapatalk and will update if we learn anything else. Until then get ready to enjoy your other non-WPCentral forums on your Windows Phone. Protip: our forums are also Tapatalk supported, so you can add them to your Tapatalk supported apps.

http://www.wpcentral.com/one-best-fo...e-yes-tapatalk
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”

2 Thanks given to cronus71

emu (23rd April 2013),  raelmadrid (23rd April 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

mine arrived today

my observations in my pissed state

hardware is fricking awesome those reviewers who said it was heavy and fat were wrong

the build quality is amazing

camera button without unlocking is superb as is low light same shots ( turned the lights off and got my m8 to take an iphone 5 photo and then we compared them - he lost)

if you are a gamer its not as good as android or iphone

the audio output is probably twice as good as my nexus 4 and on par if not better than the iphone 4s

how slick and quick is this os compared to andriod -i fired my nexus 7 up tonight and it just didnt compare

i could actually see my screen in the sun today

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast