Close

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default How some people deal with TV licensing

Personally, I think the householders are a bunch of fuckwits, others may disagree...

9 Thanks given to wijit

AspectUK (20th November 2012),  BigBird (20th November 2012),  Fon (20th November 2012),  JonEp (20th November 2012),  Mystical_2K (20th November 2012),  rids (20th November 2012),  stevo25 (20th November 2012),  WRATH OF BOD (20th November 2012),  ZX7R (20th November 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: How some people deal with TV licensing

some of those people are so funny

Thanks
    Karma Level

Their mums must be so proud .. lol

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

A m8 of mine did this for years. He used to brag to me how he beat the tv licencing by refusing entry. I just thought he was a twat.

In this day and age it is assumed that everyone has, and watches TV. Therefore it should be up to the householder to prove they don't have one, which would mean letting TV licensing officials in to see for themselves. To refuse should automatically carry a charge of obstruction.

I pay my licence every year so why should these fuckwits get away with it. The government should set up a TV licencing equivalent of a swat team. A few highly publicised dawn raids should get them all going online to renew their licence before its their turn for an early morning alarm call.

Maybe that sounds a bit hypocritical because most of us will have something which we should have paid for even if it is only a cd we copied from a m8. But at least we didn't embarrass, humiliate, or shout abuse at someone who at the end of the day is just trying to do their job. (">

Thanks to BigBird

muttleymacclad (20th November 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

chaps are only doing their job, I cant really see how they are 'scumbags'. Most of the tv people are polite and civil, unlike the cock with a chip on his shoulder and a camera.

Let the scumbag in, let him see you aint using a TV and get on with your life.

Thanks to {{909}}

Roach-Rampino (22nd November 2012)  

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

LOL @ 2:30 front gate and no fence.
    In this day and age it is assumed that everyone has, and watches TV. Therefore it should be up to the householder to prove they don't have one, which would mean letting TV licensing officials in to see for themselves. To refuse should automatically carry a charge of obstruction.
    Your right.

I bet most of the people behind the camera in the vid spend more in a month on fag's, drink/drugs than it cost's for a TV License

Cheapreefer on instagram

Thanks to ss30

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Its the law i work for TV licensing .... most if not all the field guys are good people. Just doing there job. You have a TV and watch it so pay it....

Thanks to ant3b

Thanks
    Karma Level

ive just edited a video for a customer last week(she has cctv aimed at front door & drive). the tv twat forced the door after she closed it on him, she didnt want to talk to him.
    she got hit with the door, she has a 2 year old and she was stood around her legs, shudder to think what would of happend if it had hit her.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    A m8 of mine did this for years. He used to brag to me how he beat the tv licencing by refusing entry. I just thought he was a twat.

I pay my licence every year so why should these fuckwits get away with it. The government should set up a TV licencing equivalent of a swat team. A few highly publicised dawn raids should get them all going online to renew their licence before its their turn for an early morning alarm call.

Maybe that sounds a bit hypocritical because most of us will have something which we should have paid for even if it is only a cd we copied from a m8. But at least we didn't embarrass, humiliate, or shout abuse at someone who at the end of the day is just trying to do their job. (">

Completely disagree. I haven't watched the video, it's blocked at work, but... Fuck the TV licencing department. It's a joke. No way should they be allowed to hound you, and you never should have to prove that you don't watch TV. They should prove you do, and not by crossing the threshold to your property. Let's take away people's rights for £11 a month. They aren't killers.

A) The TV licence should be abolished, as the BBC is no longer making the good programmes it used to, and isn't reporting the news objectively.
    B) There's fuck all on TV. If it wasn't for sport, I'd no longer be paying for my TV licence either, as I wouldn't be watching TV. Would I want someone knocking on my door and checking up on me? No I fucking wouldn't.

Thanks to Geko

jibbo (21st November 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Another thing I hate about the TV licence is how they make you pay 6 months up front so that they always have your money. Then if you want a refund because you've moved, it's a massive pain in the arse to get the money back. What other service expects you to pay 1.5 times the money you owe?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

pay quaterly mate its cheaper and you dont pay 6 month in advance

Thanks
    Karma Level

Id like the address of some of these licence sales people.

Id write to them constantly telling them that there is no record of a shot gun licence at their address, and I could take them to court etc... should they have one.

Id fail to mention that they are not obliged to tell me that they dont have a shot gun.

Then Id knock on there front doors at all manor of times, and ask to come in to see if they have a shot gun.

This is how ironic they are....

Fon

4 Thanks given to Fon

B.I.G. (21st November 2012),  Garny (20th November 2012),  honestDave (20th November 2012),  stevo25 (20th November 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    ... and you never should have to prove that you don't watch TV. They should prove you do, and not by crossing the threshold to your property.
    Simple solution that would solve this:| Have them parked in a van outside with a listening device pointed through the windows, would that be ok as they're not stepping over the threshold? Of course not.
    Come on, if they don't have a tv, what's the big deal in showing someone you don't have one.?
    Any law abiding citizen that has nothing to hide shouldn't have a problem with showing someone they don't have a tv.
    People generally break the law if they think they won't get caught.

mml
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

Thanks to muttleymacclad

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

You can have a TV just not watch live television programs, you can watch catch up tv all day without a licence, they can be as nice to you at the door as they want, the minute they get your name they still prosecute and I do believe there is a cash incentive for each property prosecuted, maybe ant3b can confirm this?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by muttleymacclad View Post
    Simple solution that would solve this:| Have them parked in a van outside with a listening device pointed through the windows, would that be ok as they're not stepping over the threshold? Of course not.
    Come on, if they don't have a tv, what's the big deal in showing someone you don't have one.?
    Any law abiding citizen that has nothing to hide shouldn't have a problem with showing someone they don't have a tv.
    People generally break the law if they think they won't get caught.

mml

Again. I massively disagree.

I am not going to tell them how they should police it, but I don't want anyone in my house that I don't know. Why should I be forced to allow others in?

By your reasoning we should presume everyone guilty of a crime until they have proven otherwise. Maybe we should sent auditing teams around to every address in the country. They can check everything is in order with everyone's property and their computer hard drive. Then if there are any issues or illegal softwares we can come down with the full force of the law and show these master criminals what will happen. Overdue Library book? Fuck 'em.
    People generally break the law if they think they won't get caught. Their rights mean nothing..!

Thanks
    Karma Level

After watching that, I want a job as a TV Licence Man.

To be on camera is nothing. I can make them cry for doing it.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

We had a guy turn up while we was going out. We had paid the tv licence the week before (didn't have one before couldn't afford it) he knocked on and wanted to come in and when I told him we had paid it and was just going out and it wasn't a suitable time he got funny about it. I just went to shut the door and he put his foot in the way and got abusive, just told him if he didn't move his foot I'd break it.
    Reported him but nothing got done. Instead I got a court letter in post fineing me for none payment. Found out they hadn't set up the direct debit up correctly. Court ruled in my favour.
    bbshark. The Member with the first ever DF Fine

http://digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=451657

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    Id like the address of some of these licence sales people.

Id write to them constantly telling them that there is no record of a shot gun licence at their address, and I could take them to court etc... should they have one.

Id fail to mention that they are not obliged to tell me that they dont have a shot gun.

Then Id knock on there front doors at all manor of times, and ask to come in to see if they have a shot gun.

This is how ironic they are....

Fon
    Completely wrong comparison. No one assumes that everyone has a shotgun at home, but it is assumed that almost everyone has a TV. In my opinion the BBC produce some of the best documentaries out there, and have a good and varied range of programmes on both radio and TV. And no annoying adverts every ten or twenty minutes.

I watch about two hours of TV a week...if that. But do listen to documentaries, comedy, debate, and music on the radio most of the time...and all on the BBC. Most people don't even know about the range of radio channels available. (">

Have a look here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/stations

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I pay monthly. But the coonts cant even setup a direct debit so it comes out on my payday

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Another point: Two years ago my father in law started checking the football results on ITV teletext. Three months later he has a telephone bill of £200. £140 of which was for his results checking. He couldn't read the small print and didn't think there would be a charge for using teletext. Also the BBC don't encourage gambling and debt by running late night (when people are pissed) gambling programs. In my opinion commercial TV channels are ripping people off in every way they can get away with it.
    Some people probably loose enough money in a year to pay for their TV licence for the rest of their lives. (">

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast