Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default what can you do (discrimination?)

Hello all,

mrs has popped out to the gym so thought id post whilst shes outta the way, as she just wants me to leave it and forget it....

She is a mobile hairdresser, and has a few clients through a care company, i mentioned caring and theres always jobs, so this made her think about a more secure permanent job, so i asked her to get in touch with the manager who deals with her clients at the care home for further information, so they asked her to come down.

so shes gone there, and they pretty much pinned her down, and said fill this application form out now we want you, later in the day she has a phone call from the manager whos already booked her on a first aid course for the following day, then asked her to pop in after it had finished, they said she would be paid for the course, she went in to see the manager who said basically your going out tonight from 7pm to 11pm with another carer to see what you think of the job role, and also that they booked her in for a POVA course which is a day course coming in a weeks time, they also asked her to come in the next morning and start at 7am till 11am to go out with another carer to see the morning run, and then to pop in, and sort the CRB out in the afternoon.

so shes had a good time with the carers, got some info off them about how the pay is and the company is run etc, now on the evening she worked shadowing another carer, she went to some womans house some 30 stone lumper, when walking in the house, my wife instantly knew the woman and the woman knew her, talk was small but nothing untoward, now..... 10 years ago, this lumpers 16 year old daughter decided to start shagging my wifes step dad, and in turn he fucked off with her and split from my wifes mum... are you following.... then for some bizarre reason a few years later, my mother in law is down the lumpers house, cleaning for her as a little side hobble, as if nothing has gone on.... fucking werid i know! but anyway this lumper has decided not to pay up for the cleaning, which was a few quid, so mother in law has basically said fuck it im not cleaning and not going to bother anymore, few weeks later theres a knock at door, its the police wanting to ask a few questions on this lumper accusing mother in law of blackmail!!!! WTF i know, anyway nothing happened, it didnt go no further.

so about how ever many years down the line, my mrs has ended up at the house, shadowing the carer, she finishes at 11pm, comes home, all good, ready for the next morning, so shes goes and meets up with another carer the following morning, and does the rounds shadowing, my wife texted the manager saying what time do you want me to come down to sort the CRB stuff out, and the manager text come whenever and well have a chat... so my wife has gone down and ive waited in the car outside, about 15 mins later my wife comes out, as shes getting in the car says i feel this big, and started crying, i said whats wrong, she said that this lumper has rang the office up saying aload of bollocks, they questioned her asking if she knew her, if there was any problems etc, so she was honest, they said they really want her but this is going to be an issue as this lumper is seen 5x a day, and it would be doing some of the calls, and they had to speak to the line manager blah blah blah.

so about 5.30 on the same day the manager rings up, and basically gives all the shit that they cant take her on because of whatever, and that lumper is one of most called to clients (im thinking yeah ££££££ from the nhs) and basically its a no your not getting the job...

i hope youve all been following and hope ive made sense as im typing this 10 to the dozen as ive got loads to do before she gets back from the gym..

what is there to do, discrimination? what? its not an option of just missing this lumper as that would mean they need to get another carer out just to go there and sort her fat ass out.

any leg to stand on, or is it just one of them eat shit and swallow it and move on...

i was fooking fuming, i was getting out of the car to go in but the mrs quickly started driving off as she knows what im like, its shit seeing your wife/mrs cry and shes done nowt wrong bless her!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: what can you do (discrimination?)

Personally I don't think there is much you can do in this situation. Probably better in the long run that she didn't get the job. This lumper sounds like a dangerous person who could have caused her a lot of problems further down the line. The mrs could have ended up being accused of stealing and all sorts.

I know its annoying and frustrating when someone can do this but try to think of it as a lucky escape, and get some personal satisfaction by signing the lumper up to all sorts of stuff. You know her name and address which is all you need. (">

http://www.howtodothings.com/family-...to-get-revenge
    Last edited by BigBird; 21st November 2012 at 09:42 PM.

2 Thanks given to BigBird

burner1 (21st November 2012),  mrphil (21st November 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

cheers, i bet the lumper would love that, freebies! bet shes on the NHS for everything, DLA, Housing etc, makes me sick.
    just eat sounds about good, and taxi firms, maybe a few tonnes of sand and gravel, some cement maybe, few skips, etc etc etc nice bit of COD :-)
    God its evil the things you can do and think of. hmmmm

all i can say is i wish she would.... painfully and slowly! the world is better off without people like this! but i blame my mother in law for doing what she did, why on earth would you go and clean the daughters mothers house when that shit happened with my wifes step dad! its almost jeremy kyle type of shit!

ah well, like you said could have been a lucky escape, i think my wife wouldnt have wanted the job if she had got offered it after this, as it purely didnt feel right, she shouldnt have to be quizzed about something thats nothing to do with her.

ive applied for many other caring jobs local for her this evening so hopefully some good news will come of it, shes had a taster now anyway.

Thanks
    Karma Level

She found out early that this woman still causes hassle and her employer doesnt value its employees. Walk away from it. She found out where the woman stays thats a positive and how low her life must be to do things like this to people. What a sad desperate person.

Thanks to digidude

mrphil (21st November 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

exactly!
    nothing better to do than to make other peoples lives a misery.

all we want to do is both work, secure jobs and pay our bills, take a yearly holiday every summer, and have a few treats, you know just the normal british family life...

shes handled it well, mother in law is sucking up, but whats done is done!

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

She obviously done really well in the selection process as it came across that they were interested in taking her on.
    Don't be disheartened by this experience. Carer's are required all over, now you know the one to avoid - move on to the next.

Keep kicking down doors and one stays open in the end.

Thanks to DejaVu

mrphil (21st November 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i know shes my wife and all that, but shes a really nice person, maybe to good for the job to be honest, but shes friendly, willing to have a go, and flexible!

plenty of others out there, as said applied for a few for her so hopefully something positive will come!