Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Ever been to a psychic?

My wife's sister sadly died last year and since then my wife has been interested in visiting a psychic. She has two other siblings, both of whom have seen a psychic and they say that it has helped them. I'm not convinced and think that it could do more harm than good. I've heard a few horror stories in the past about psychics coming out with all sorts of crazy shit so I was wondering whether anyone has ever been to see one and if it helped at all?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ever been to a psychic?

Y'alright??
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

M8 they are all total shit liers. I have been on a few TV shows debunking them and from personal experience they are all fakes.

My mum passed away in 94, and she used to go see this medium called betty wilson. in fact she used to go every month or 2 to see this so called medium from south elmsall in west yorks. and after my mum died i thought that id go see the same woman. you would have thought that she would have picked up on the fact it was my mum if indeed she was real. the first thing she said was that she can see me in the police force which got a laugh from me and i said no, then she said it could be army - again i said no. the reason was simple, id been done for all sorts of shit before this in my teens, and also had a stint in borstall. i had also been rejected by the army because i was not grovelling to a major during my army test (plus i lied about my convictions).

so i said no sorry to which she replied, im sorry i cannot do anything for you. i walked out to the missus who wondered why i was coming straight out. i was smirking because i knew this woman was a fake. the missus went in then about 25 mins later came out crying which is what i expected, she will believe anything they say so to her she got a reading from her grandad.

fast forward a few years and i went on Esther and also Kilroy to debunk them, got all my exes paid for including a fake taxi reciept for £78 each time which was nice.

but ive come to the realisation that if there is any genuine mediums ive yet to see them, and i can usually spot a cold reader a mile away.

another quick story was that i once was passing a spiritualist church in wakefield and they were all going in so i thought id go in myself and see if i could 'direct' a reading if i got one. by this i mean i was going to lie and try to feed the reading medium bull to see if they were fake. it worked, i got a complete cold reading which i was able to mould more or less myself by small snippets of info i gave him during a reading. again this showed that he was fake.
    A wise man once said " "

3 Thanks given to Detector

Ashley (19th December 2012),  CallmeGoose (19th December 2012),  macmilm (19th December 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I hold a regular seance at a famous hotel in Manchester every 3 months. I've had the 'gift' since I was a child and when I've had half a bottle of Cristal and a couple of Mint Juleps I can usually go into a trance and even though I never remember it, my guests tell me I communicate with the dead.

Prices are £145 per person and that includes a glass of Prosecco and canapes. I also have a list of 'extras' available, these are:

- Contacting a famous person - £50 (Excluding Michael Jackson and Jimmy Savile, this would be an additional £50)
    - Contacting a deceased Pet - £50 (that includes translation)
    - Speaking in tongues - £25
    - Spirit Location - £50 (Find out if your relative or loved one is in heaven or hell)
    - Alpha Centauri Hotline - £75 (contact an alien species outside our solar system)
    - Gardeners Special - £30 - (If you bring a clump of your lawn to a session we'll analyse it using psychoscopic methods for past burial sites)
    - Foodie's Delight - £25 (Bring your deceased or loved one's favourite food and they can taste it through me, no shellfish or almonds)

PM me for further details.

12 Thanks given to CzarJunkie

Show/Hide list of the thanked

4me2 (19th December 2012),  AD (19th December 2012),  Ashley (19th December 2012),  Bald Bouncer (19th December 2012),  BertRoot (19th December 2012),  Hangman (19th December 2012),  littlebilly1 (19th December 2012),  macmilm (19th December 2012),  mc.dodd (19th December 2012),  Nikki (19th December 2012),  psibob84 (19th December 2012),  Roach-Rampino (20th December 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

My ex-father-in-law ran a psychic phone line business. He was a multi-millionaire because of it. Just sold the business for in excess of 10 Mil.

Although he never said as such, in my opinion it's a huge scam. Total bullshit. Stay the fuck away. I don't believe in God, the supernatural or an afterlife. Maybe I'm small minded? But I tend to believe I'm a realist and not an idiot.

Thanks
    Karma Level

its an industry that preys on the weak minded and grieving, same as religion

Thanks to raelmadrid

Ashley (19th December 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

sums it up for me!
    fortune favours the brave......

Thanks to QUALCAST

cassy34 (19th December 2012)  

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The partner went to see one in Stokesley Just after she got divorced from her Husband. Basically she said to her that she would spend the rest of her life with a "mark". She went off in a huff saying that she just divorced a mark. The gypsy was adamant you will meet a mark that will be your light blah blah blah.

Well i bet it`s a coincidence as i hadn`t met her for a few months after she had seen her

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Ever been to a psychic?

Watch Derren Brown debunk the whole thing. It's just charlatans praying on the weak

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    I hold a regular seance at a famous hotel in Manchester every 3 months. I've had the 'gift' since I was a child and when I've had half a bottle of Cristal and a couple of Mint Juleps I can usually go into a trance and even though I never remember it, my guests tell me I communicate with the dead.

Prices are £145 per person and that includes a glass of Prosecco and canapes. I also have a list of 'extras' available, these are:

- Contacting a famous person - £50 (Excluding Michael Jackson and Jimmy Savile, this would be an additional £50)
    - Contacting a deceased Pet - £50 (that includes translation)
    - Speaking in tongues - £25
    - Spirit Location - £50 (Find out if your relative or loved one is in heaven or hell)
    - Alpha Centauri Hotline - £75 (contact an alien species outside our solar system)
    - Gardeners Special - £30 - (If you bring a clump of your lawn to a session we'll analyse it using psychoscopic methods for past burial sites)
    - Foodie's Delight - £25 (Bring your deceased or loved one's favourite food and they can taste it through me, no shellfish or almonds)

PM me for further details.
    One for the Foodie's delight please. My ex-james loved salami.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

CJ trading again outside BST.
    There's favouritism for you.

3 Thanks given to Zoots

Detector (19th December 2012),  Ganty (19th December 2012),  littlebilly1 (19th December 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Only know of 1 and well the story goes...

Mates is in jail (mexico) psychic is in another country (korea). Psychic asks for a photocopy of mates hand. Mate gets his hand photocopied and gets it to the psychic. No1 hears from the psychic again.

7 years later after mistrials and failed attempts to leave, psychic randomly rings mates father and goes "get his room ready, hes out tomorrow". 3pm the next day hes out.

True story. Ive met said psychic and everything hes told me has come true so far but im not going to get into it just yet.

Thanks
    Karma Level

All bullshiters IMHO

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Horseshit the lot of it. Like Det I've been to a a few of these so called mediums and spiritualist churches and it's all been utter shit. You can see people being led into it.

But.. And I still don't believe any of it.. My old mam died before I got married and out of some misplaced idea that I 'wanted a part of her there' (I know) where we got married, I kept some of her ashes after me and the family had spread them in her favourite place she walked. No one, I mean no one at all knew about this. My brother, of a certain disposition, went to see a spiritualist (in another part of the country where he lived) and then rang me that night saying she'd told him our mum can't rest because your brother has kept some of her ashes in a tin in a cupboard.

Again, it's all horseshit. I firmly believe that, but as you hear all these stories about a friend of a friend etc, this one happened to me and I still can't fathom it out.
    Lucky guess I suppose, but bang on the money. Money probably being the operative word as he went back to her time and time again until he himself passed away.
    Maybe I should go and see her to see what she comes up with, coz I've still got his ashes as well.

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
    Watch Derren Brown debunk the whole thing. It's just charlatans praying on the weak
    i used to like him until he started to employ some of the same tricks in his later shows.
    A wise man once said " "

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zoots View Post
    Horseshit the lot of it. Like Det I've been to a a few of these so called mediums and spiritualist churches and it's all been utter shit. You can see people being led into it.

But.. And I still don't believe any of it.. My old mam died before I got married and out of some misplaced idea that I 'wanted a part of her there' (I know) where we got married, I kept some of her ashes after me and the family had spread them in her favourite place she walked. No one, I mean no one at all knew about this. My brother, of a certain disposition, went to see a spiritualist (in another part of the country where he lived) and then rang me that night saying she'd told him our mum can't rest because your brother has kept some of her ashes in a tin in a cupboard.

Again, it's all horseshit. I firmly believe that, but as you hear all these stories about a friend of a friend etc, this one happened to me and I still can't fathom it out.
    Lucky guess I suppose, but bang on the money. Money probably being the operative word as he went back to her time and time again until he himself passed away.
    Maybe I should go and see her to see what she comes up with, coz I've still got his ashes as well.
    lets take a poll of df members who have had their parents ashes and i bet its high
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks to Detector

Zoots (19th December 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah, it's a fair point, Det.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Last edited by prezzy; 19th December 2012 at 10:30 PM.

Thanks to prezzy

Detector (19th December 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zoots View Post
    I firmly believe that, but as you hear all these stories about a friend of a friend etc, this one happened to me and I still can't fathom it out.
    Yeah i can see where your coming from. In my mates case, i was the middle man and the psychic wanted no money or donations so he got nothing lol.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Nope. A crock of shit and a spiteful way to make money.

If you look at their body language when they're talking to 'victims' it's totally out of character of actually communicating with someone/ something else and passing that communication on to the victim... the body language is a classic sign of someone making something up as they go along.

They also use phrases like 'I get the feeling...' or 'I'm sensing..' that isn't being in contact with anyone, that's just fishing for a reaction from the victim and when they do react by agreeing to something, these people home in on that and expand with more bullshit.

Some people believe because they want it to be true sadly.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast