Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Winter fuel allowance to be replaced by flammable obese benefit claimants

Winter fuel allowance to be replaced by flammable obese benefit claimants

The winter fuel allowance could become a thing of the past as the government announced plans for fat people on benefits to be melted down to fuel the heating systems of the elderly.

As plans to make the winter fuel allowance a means-tested benefit were released on the same day as plans to reduce benefits for obese who refuse to exercise, it took only minutes for creative MPs to join up the dots.

“Human fat can be burned, right?” asked Lib Dem MP Paul Burstow.
    “We’re just suggesting that if you’re on living on state handouts, are overweight, and don’t go to the home of your nearest old person and calve off a pound or two of fuel for their heating, then we’ll stop your benefits.”
    “How is that a bad thing?”
    “Old people get their houses warmed, we get some fat people off the benefits bill, and the NHS doesn’t have to treat them anymore.”
    “It’s not just win-win, it’s win-win-win.”

Winter fuel allowance

Old people have welcomed the new plans, claiming that a warm house is nice, but it will be even better with someone to talk to whilst they’re melted into a converted calour gas stove.
    Retired factory worker Dorothy Jenkins explained, “A cheque for £200 is all well and good, but will it sit there in an ill-fitting shell suit and listen to my borderline racist opinions about all the immigrants?”
    “No, it won’t. So give me an overweight dole scrounger any day.”

http://newsthump.com/2013/01/03/wint...fit-claimants/
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Winter fuel allowance to be replaced by flammable obese benefit claimants

i know this is meant to be a joke but for the fucking life of me i cant understand why people on the bru/benefits get cold weather payments. fuck me no one gives me money and im by no means well off. i get up and go to work like most of u guys. being self-employed means i dont work i dont get paid etc but i still have to pay me rent

sorry just ranting about unfair britain
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Thanks to B B Leo

Zippeyrude (4th January 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Winter fuel allowance to be replaced by flammable obese benefit claimants

spot on, ive said this for ages. when i rule the world the unemployed bums will be put to good use.

firstly they will be made to push the flour mill wheels to generate electricity. once they are spent, and that means they physically cannot continue then they will get thrown into a furnace to generate more energy through their burning bodies and what is left of soft tissue. who said that unemployed bums cant be useful...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Never get this, work pay tax:

Go to the doctor you pay for = acceptable
    Go to hospital you pay for = acceptable
    Send your kids to school you pay for = acceptable
    Use the roads you pay for = acceptable
    Have emergancy services you pay for = acceptable
    1000's of other things you pay for = acceptable
    Claim unemployment benefit = you should be ashamed, you are scum, a sponge, scrounger, dole scum or whatever other term is flavour of the day

Lets face it in reality there are at least 7 million unemployed once you take away the recalculations they do to try and move unemployed people to another list and out of them at best you could claim 10% don't work, don't want to work and will never work yet it seems acceptable to slag off people who are unfortunate enough to lose your job and instantly become a second class citizen and should be forced to do unpaid work.

Governments love public debate as do the media but they don't want your opinions until they have told you what they are depending on the agenda of the day - Bald Bouncer 2013

3 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

4me2 (4th January 2013),  CzarJunkie (4th January 2013),  Mystical_2K (4th January 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was careful to include 'unemployed bums', meaning those that 'chose' not to work. Ive worked in the public sector for many many years and what doesnt get seen is the outrageous abuse of public services, from housing, to benefits, to claims and complaints. People today take little responsibility for their own lives and livelihood and expect everything to be given to them on a plate.

Where someone has worked for years and fallen on bad times I'd expect the system to support them. They gave to the system and it should give back. My beef is with those that are born into and live through the lifestyle of expecting everything to be given to them. It is those that deserve a trip to my furnace. Those that are unemployed but paid taxes when they were working have a right to be warmed by the heat and energy produced by the bums. Problem solved, easy.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The thing that brings it home for me is advertising a relatively low paid job with minimum requirements and getting a raft of CV's from men aged 45+ who are vastly over qualified and who are just desperate for a job. They may have spent 20+ years working in their previous given profession but for whatever reason they've been let go. It must be soul destroying at that age to have to start again. I know that could easily have been me in a few years if I hadn't had some luck along the way. It's no wonder the group with the highest number of suicides in the UK is men aged 35 - 49.

2 Thanks given to CzarJunkie

4me2 (4th January 2013),  Bald Bouncer (4th January 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zippeyrude View Post
    I was careful to include 'unemployed bums', meaning those that 'chose' not to work. Ive worked in the public sector for many many years and what doesnt get seen is the outrageous abuse of public services, from housing, to benefits, to claims and complaints. People today take little responsibility for their own lives and livelihood and expect everything to be given to them on a plate.

Where someone has worked for years and fallen on bad times I'd expect the system to support them. They gave to the system and it should give back. My beef is with those that are born into and live through the lifestyle of expecting everything to be given to them. It is those that deserve a trip to my furnace. Those that are unemployed but paid taxes when they were working have a right to be warmed by the heat and energy produced by the bums. Problem solved, easy.
    I fully understand what you are saying but the reality is and always has been as I have seen it through my life the people who don't work, don't want to work, will never work know full well how to play the system and always will so when 'new schemes' are introduced the people who suffer the most are the ones you wish to back and give support to and any system could never be refined enough not to persecute innocent and legitimate claimants who have or will have earned the right to be supported, the real hardened scum will never be caught in the net.

The unemployed did not create the situation we are in now they are victims of it as are the poor and low paid yet day after day the propaganda machines keep pumping out bile to be lapped up by the willing on how they are the problem and the cure yet they are neither, benefits get paid in this country are spent in this country (very few exceptions that is a tiny percentage) circulation money, driving local economies and in turn helping keeping the wheels moving 'economics'. They are happy for the people to think this is the catalyst and cure because it allows them to still turn a blind eye to the billions being drained from this country on a daily basis via non paid taxes it shows the propaganda machine is working well and they can still get the brown envelopes, keep avoiding taxes and turn the UK into the Asia of Europe with an army of down trodden low paid workers happy with there lot as we are all in it together while the the rich get richer.

Thanks
    Karma Level

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brainwashed-by-tory-welfare-myths-8437872.html

Voters 'brainwashed by Tory welfare myths', shows new poll

Survey shows public ignorance of the level of benefits and who gets them

Ministers were accused of demonising benefits claimants in an attempt to justify their controversial decision to increase most state handouts by less than inflation.
    Polling commissioned by the Trades Union Congress suggests that a campaign by Tory ministers is turning voters against claimants – but only because the public is being fed "myths" about those who rely on benefits.
    The criticism comes before a crunch Commons vote next Tuesday on the Welfare Benefits Uprating Bill, which will ensure that most benefits and tax credits will rise by only one per cent for the next three years. Labour, which will vote against the measure, tried today to answer Tory claims that it is "soft" on scroungers by announcing a "tough love" plan to force adults who have been out of work for more than two years to take up a government "job guarantee" or lose their benefits.
    George Osborne, the Chancellor, has spoken about "the shiftworker, leaving home in the dark hours of the early morning, who looks up at the closed blinds of their next-door neighbour sleeping off a life on benefits". Iain Duncan Smith, the Work and Pensions Secretary, has highlighted figures showing that benefits have risen by almost twice as much as earnings in the past five years. According to YouGov, four out of 10 people think benefits are too generous and three in five believe the system has created a culture of dependency. However, people who know least about the facts are the most hostile towards claimants. More than half of those who are "least accurate" about the system think benefits are too generous, while fewer than one in three (31 per cent) of those giving the "most accurate" answers agree.
    Mr Osborne's decision to cap most benefit rises at one per cent is supported by 48 per cent and opposed by 32 per cent. But, by a margin of three to one, people think the squeeze will mainly hit the unemployed. When told it will also affect low-paid workers receiving tax credits, people oppose the move by 40 to 30 per cent. Only one in four people believe benefits should go up by less than wages or prices, while 63 per cent want to see them linked to wages, prices or both.
    Frances O'Grady, the TUC General Secretary, said: "It is not surprising that voters want to get tough on welfare. They think the system is much more generous than it is in reality, is riddled with fraud and is heavily skewed towards helping the unemployed, who they think are far more likely to stay on the dole than is actually the case. Indeed if what the average voter thinks was true, I'd want tough action too.
    "But you should not conduct policy, particularly when it hits some of the most vulnerable people in society, on the basis of prejudice and ignorance. And it is plainly immoral to spread such prejudice purely for party gain, as ministers and their advisers are doing, by deliberately misleading people about the value of benefits and who gets them."
    Ed Balls, the shadow Chancellor, accused ministers of resorting to "smears" by claiming they are targeting the workshy and benefit scroungers when two-thirds of those affected by the cap are in work.
    Mr Balls announced that Labour would raise £1bn by limiting tax relief on pension contributions to 20 per cent for those on more than £150,000 a year. This would fund a "compulsory jobs guarantee" for the 129,000 adults over the age of 25 who have been jobless for more than two years, a move that would later be extended to those on the dole for more than a year.
    Writing on the PoliticsHome website, Mr Balls said: "A One Nation approach to welfare reform means government has a responsibility to help people into work and support those who cannot, but those who can work must be required to take up jobs or lose benefits – no ifs or buts. Britain needs real welfare reform that is tough, fair and that works, not divisive, nasty and misleading smears from an out-of-touch and failing government."
    Ministers insist there is strong public support for reducing the welfare bill, saying the TUC had failed to produce an example of the Government misleading people. Mr Osborne hit back at Mr Balls, accusing him of making uncosted spending commitments because he had already announced plans to spend the same £1bn on reversing cuts to tax credits.
    A government source said last night: "It beggars belief that Labour's union baron backers think people are stupid for daring to suggest the benefits system needs reforming. If Labour seriously thinks stopping households receiving more in benefits than families earn going out to work is prejudiced and ignorant, it is completely out of touch."

http://www.tuc.org.uk/social/tuc-21796-f0.cfm

Support for benefit cuts dependent on ignorance, TUC-commissioned poll finds

Ministers cannot assume that voters will continue to back them in their plans to cap welfare benefit rises, according to a new poll commissioned by the TUC from YouGov and published today (Friday).
    Voters least able to give accurate answers about benefits are the most likely to back the government's policy on cutting benefits. The poll shows that once people learn that the benefit up-rating cap will hit workers in low-paid jobs, support moves away from the government, with 40 per cent overall opposing the cap on low-paid worker benefits and only 30 per cent backing them.
    The TUC's poll, carried out in the run-up to Christmas, found widespread ignorance about spending on welfare, the reality of unemployment, the generosity of benefits and the level of fraud.
    TUC General Secretary Frances O'Grady said: 'It is not surprising that voters want to get tough on welfare. They think the system is much more generous than it is in reality, is riddled with fraud and is heavily skewed towards helping the unemployed, who they think are far more likely to stay on the dole than is actually the case. Indeed if what the average voter thinks was true, I'd want tough action too.
    'But you should not conduct policy, particularly when it hits some of the most vulnerable people in society, on the basis of prejudice and ignorance. And it is plainly immoral to spread such prejudice purely for party gain, as ministers and their advisers are doing, by deliberately misleading people about the value of benefits and who gets them.
    'Voters who have a better grasp of how benefits work and what people actually get, oppose the government's plans. When people learn more about benefits, support moves away from coalition policy. Some ministers seem to see the benefit up-rating cap as a party political trap, but to counter that all you need to do is expose what the proposals really mean.
    'The truth remains that benefits are far from generous, the vast majority of the jobless are desperate for work and most benefit spending goes either on pensions or on benefits for those in jobs or who aren't able to work.'

The TUC poll reveals many misconceptions about welfare and benefit spending including:

• On average people think that 41 per cent of the entire welfare budget goes on benefits to unemployed people, while the true figure is 3 per cent.
    • On average people think that 27 per cent of the welfare budget is claimed fraudulently, while the government's own figure is 0.7 per cent.
    • On average people think that almost half the people (48 per cent) who claim Jobseeker's Allowance go on to claim it for more than a year, while the true figure is just under 30 per cent (27.8 per cent).
    • On average people think that an unemployed couple with two school-age children would get £147 in Jobseeker's Allowance - more than 30 per cent higher than the £111.45 they would actually receive - a £35 over-calculation.
    • Only 21 per cent of people think that this family with two school-age children would be better off if one of the unemployed parents got a 30 hour a week minimum wage job, even though they would actually end up £138 a week better off. Even those who thought they would be better off only thought on average they would gain by £59.

The poll confirms that hostile attitudes to welfare are widespread - with over four-tenths (42 per cent) thinking that benefits are too generous and nearly three in five (59 per cent) agreeing that our current welfare system has created a culture of dependency.
    But when the poll sample is divided into three equal groups based on how accurately they answered the poll questions that tested knowledge of the benefits system, those who know the least about welfare are the most hostile. More than half (53 per cent) of those in the least accurate group think that benefits are too generous, while less than a third (31 per cent) in the group who gave the most accurate answers agree that they are.
    Nearly three in four (71 per cent) of the least accurate group think welfare has created a culture of dependency which falls to less than half (46 per cent) among those with the best knowledge.
    When asked whether they support the government's proposed one per cent cap on benefits there is an overall clear majority support across everyone questioned (48 per cent to 32 per cent), though those with the best knowledge of the benefits system oppose the government's actions 45 to 41 per cent.
    But a big three-to-one majority of the general sample (64 to 21 per cent) think that the benefit cap will mainly hit the unemployed. When told the cap will affect low-paid workers, majority support for the cap turns into majority opposition (40 to 30 per cent). There is a sharp fall among those with the least knowledge from 54 per cent backing the cap before being told about low-paid workers' benefits, to 32 per cent afterwards.
    The final question in the poll asked people about how benefits should generally change each year. Only 25 per cent said they should go up less than wages or prices, with 63 per cent wanting them linked to wages, prices or both.

NOTES TO EDITORS:
    - A summary of the results is available at http://bit.ly/RG0XNh

Thanks to jibbo

Bald Bouncer (4th January 2013)