Close

Thread: GFX Card

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default GFX Card

After reading this thread I bought the game but I need a better GFX Card so on the web site for the game they say you need:- Graphics card: ATI Radeon 3870 of higher, Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT or higher Graphics card memory: 512MB+

My question which one is better and can you get third party ones which are as good or better for the same price.

I haven't play a PC game since Doom came out as I was pissed off having to keep upgrading my PC to play new games so I bought a PS1 and have been on consoles since.

Thanks

ss30

Cheapreefer on instagram

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: GFX Card

You really don't want either of them to be honest . The are old and minimum spec. Ati or Nvidia are the main players but manufactures will make cards based on their designs . So a ati hd 6870 can be a xfx hd 6870 you see. U could get hold of one in eBay I guess cheap . But I would get better personally . Depends on way u want to spend ideally .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just seen the game thread u mentioned . U need to make a choice really spend 70 quid and potentially play any pc game on mid to max settings up to normal hdmi resolution or go cheap and find one of them cards . Any branded version will do they all meet the original spec some have added bonus of being quieter or over clocked from facTory etc. Purely for that game, get whatever u can find cheap

Thanks to Mod23

ss30 (17th January 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

ATI v NVidia is like PS3 v Xbox, both great but really users preference on which they like. I prefer ATI personally but I am sure someone else will say Nvidia is better. you will see "Asus Extreme Radeon HD 3870" which what Mod23 means by Branded version means Asus have taken the 3870 card and tinkered with it to improve performance etc

Thanks
    Karma Level

The question you need to ask yourself is whether you plan on using this pc for any other games later on or as a one off. If you want it for games later on then you really need to invest now rather than later because you'll find yourself having to upgrade for every new game because in maybe 3 to 4 months those cards wont be supported by new games so in my opinion you should should (if possible) invest a bit more now so you have to spend less frequently later on. As they say ATI vs Nvidia is just based on preference, with a few extras. You'll find ATI is cheaper for what you get but tends to last less, while nvidia costs a bit more but last a year or so more. I'm an nvidia guy myself but i can see the benefits of both.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
    Bang Bang,
    you just dropped dead

Thanks
    Karma Level

Whatever you choose, make sure your pc is up to it. I.e does it have the right pci slot, if it requires a separate power supply directly to the card, does your pc power supply have that power rail and is it rated for the card your looking for? Finally make sure your processor is good enough too.

Thanks to mysterym

ss30 (17th January 2013)