Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Idiot talking to the police

Yeah, as I say, that's what I'm asking you to tell me. I can see what you're saying but find it surprising that you think I shouldn't be confused mate? I know I can't go and buy a car and drive it home without first telling my insurance and getting me named as a driver on that car. That's how it legally works isn't it? Would Dave walk free from court if he caused a crash and had this 'insurance' (whatever it is, still don't know..) and his car didn't? As I say, please explain because I can't see how. How do you get some insurance for no car?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Right i have not looked into this particular gent "Dave" but I did have a wee read on this concept a while back and it has some success in this country that much I know (or believe having basically read anecdotal evidence online ect). But for what it's worth I think the insurance angle here is that DAVE as a person is insured. He is insured for anything (in theory) so if HE has caused an accident involving or damaging a 3rd party person or property on anything weather there is a car involved or not Dave is still covered. Funnily enough you can get away without insurance another way....by having the required funds lodged in a trust or fund (the wording may not be correct but there does exist a system) so car insurance is as we all know a big old con anyway.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The car has no mot or tax so any insurance would be void wether it be on him or the car ? i can't see any insurance company in the world covering him to drive a car with no mot or tax ..... as with no mot it could have defective brakes lights or any other part you choose to mention ? and wether he thinks hes clever or not ! if he causes a fatal accident while driving ,he will be sent down for a long time !

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beaconboy View Post
    The car has no mot or tax so any insurance would be void wether it be on him or the car ? i can't see any insurance company in the world covering him to drive a car with no mot or tax ..... as with no mot it could have defective brakes lights or any other part you choose to mention ? and wether he thinks hes clever or not ! if he causes a fatal accident while driving ,he will be sent down for a long time !
    Consider forgetting about car insurance and maybe thinking about personal liability insurance.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    Consider forgetting about car insurance and maybe thinking about personal liability insurance.
    i dunno ? you try making a claim on personal liability insurance if you killed someone while you were driving an uninsured no tax or mot car .....there is no company in the world that would pay out !..... in the eyes of the law he will be driving illeagally and any insurance will be null and void in my opinion ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not so sure about that. Just look at all the suspended sentences and community work orders dished out by magistrates to those young lunatic drivers involved highspeed chases.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Last edited by Lou_smorals; 18th February 2013 at 07:33 PM.
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_smorals View Post

2 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

4me2 (19th February 2013),  Lou_smorals (18th February 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Having no MOT or tax does not necessarily void your insurance. For example, you can drive a car with no tax or MOT to and from a garage to get work done that is required to pass the MOT test. Insurance companies are also expected to pay out to a third party even if your car has no MOT and is in an accident. They may not pay for your own damage on a fully comp policy but can not get out of paying a third party for any defect they find, like a defective handbrake or worn tyre for example. (">

Thanks
    Karma Level

Depends on your insurance company. A lot will say that the car needs to be road worthy. An MOT doesn't necessarily prove that.

I know from experience when I forgot my MOT and it lapsed by a few days, and then I got caught in an accident...!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Im amazed how much people are reading into this, reading about the freeman stuff i just have an image of Homer Simpson pleading the third amendment incase the King of England strolls in. As soon as i read he had doubts regarding 9/11. i decided to have a look at his personal youtube

Living off his own urine, what an intellectual! The only act he needs to read up on is the mental health act!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Likkle View Post
    Im amazed how much people are reading into this, reading about the freeman stuff i just have an image of Homer Simpson pleading the third amendment incase the King of England strolls in. As soon as i read he had doubts regarding 9/11. i decided to have a look at his personal youtube

Living off his own urine, what an intellectual! The only act he needs to read up on is the mental health act!
    But what is wrong with that? I was 'taught' to piss over my hands when I needed a leak.. makes the skin tough as hell.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234