Close

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Facebook account hacked, no way of recovering account!

Just want to point out this isn't me who has been hacked

In short I know someone who owns a restaurant, they used a facebook profile rather than page for this enterprise (mistake 1). Recently the account was compromised, the attacker has changed the account name, pictures, shared a load of shit etc. The problem is they have also changed the account email address so they must have known the password rather than the owner leaving it logged in on a public computer. I need to take control of this account again but I can't for the life of me work out how, I follow the hijacked accounts process but Facebook will only send the recovery to the new email address which we don't have access to.

It seems ridiculous that they are so short sighted that they won't accept the email address that was used to create the account and was only very recently removed from the account. I have already changed the password and security questions t the original email address.

Does anyone know how I can contact fb and get an actual response? Or is there a method that I am missing? The help section on fb is useless.

Cheers

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Facebook account hacked, no way of recovering account!

I have tried a few things now, if I go through the hijacked account section and use the original email address on the account it is not recognised. If ? use the name of the account that the attacker changed it to I am asked to send the reset link to an email address that they have added to the account, if I use the facebook username in this reset procedure I am asked if the password was changed recently to which I say no, I am then asked to send the reset link to a different email address which we also have no access to so looks like the attacker has added two addresses to the account which may have removed the original email account that we do have access to from Facebooks records :/

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Facebook account hacked, no way of recovering account!

In case this helps anyone else I went through the hijack process again, entered the old password, said I didn't have access to the email and this time (no idea why it did it this time and not the other 30 odd times!) it gave me an option to lock the account. I then received an email to the account we do have access to which helped secure the account, it let me either upload photo ID or use a previously used computer to access the account. I am waiting to get access to the PC but can then hopefully finish the job off.

It may have been a form I filled out which sent me this email but am not sure.

Thanks to evilsatan

Bald Bouncer (11th March 2013)