Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Apple 'losing inspiring reputation'

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    Each iteration of the iPhone is always a subtle improvement on the previous, which is good enough for me. Right now the 4S is fine, so I'll skip a generation to the 5S... no major deal, no need to whine about Apple lacking innovation etc..

I like my iPhone because it allows me to get things done, and every element works beautifully (e.g. integrated hotmail, gmail and work MS Exchange + Calendars). I can use it one handed, checking the weather, stocks, news sites etc.. with the fewest swipes, taps etc.. This kind of functionality on Android would take an extra 10 apps, tweaking, hacking, constant updates and still you'd get hanging, stuttering etc.. I've said it time and again, give me a robust, stable platform wrapped in a well built shell and I'm there dude.

I've had a Galaxy SII, HTC One X and still have an Orange San Diego as my spare... and I always feel that its just lacking, hard to use and very very fragmented. If I had the time I could probably endlessly tweak and tune it to make it better... but thats not my job, its the phone manufacturers. And so far both HTC Sense and Samsung Touchwiz have failed to create a user experience anywhere near Apple, and Vanilla Android is just too bare bones.

Porsche are awesome. But... The exception.

As for Apple, each to his own. You prefer Apple, I don't. We are entitled to like what we like and I prefer people to be different, rather than sheeple.

But... I can check the weather and stock prices and the news from my lock screen if I choose to do so on Android. You can't blame an OS for your lack of familiarity. By the same argument iOS is shit, because my nan struggles with it.

As for Vanilla Android being too bare bones. Again... That is your opinion. But quite frankly, what does iOS have that vanilla android doesn't? And besides bloat and silly gimmicks, what does Touchwiz or sense have that vanilla android doesn't?

I hate the HTC and Samsung customisations passionately. Not as much as iOS, but a lot...!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Apple 'losing inspiring reputation'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.James View Post
    The problem with IPhone is that they've tried to pitch it as a status symbol, and the knock on effect means that if an Apple customer has the old one, they may as well talk into a turd.

This is true. Something I've always found absurd.

People used to look at me like I was a pauper when I pulled out the original Samsung Galaxy S and they had an iphone 4.... All those years ago (probably about 2 or 3, but it seems long). Then we'd leave the petrol station or whatever, and they'd get in their Citroen Saxo and I'd drive off in my Merc. I'm not saying money is the measure of a man, but it's stupid to think that having a £500 phone or tablet... is a status symbol!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123