Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Selling 20" Imac - Mint Condition

Sadly selling our 20" Imac, in absolutely perfect condition. The screen is perfect (no dead pixels etc). Even the original box is A1

The iMac is a per the specifications listed below, EXCEPT for the following three changes...

1) The "mighty mouse" was shite, not so mighty and long since dead. So it will be sent with a brand new "generic" mouse instead.

2) The memory has been upgraded to 2gb

3) The original disks are OSX 10.4 (tiger). It has now got the latest 10.8 (Mountain Lion) installed.

Looking for £325 delivered ono

Please note: this is posted in accordance with the section rules at: Sat 6th April at 19:45 meaning non VIP's are not permitted to purchase or make an offer until 24 hours after this time. Full section rules can be found HERE please read before posting.

Processors: 1 (2 Cores) Geekbench: 3216/3595*

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz Processor Type: Core 2 Duo (T7700)

The Intel "Core 2 Duo" (T7700) processor includes two independent processor "cores" on a single silicon chip.

System Bus Speed: 800 MHz Cache Bus Speed: 2.4 GHz (Built-in)

ROM/Firmware Type: EFI EFI Architecture: 64-Bit

L1 Cache: 32k/32k L2/L3 Cache: 4 MB (on chip)

RAM Type: PC2-5300 DDR2 Min. RAM Speed: 667 MHz

Supports 667 MHz PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM (200-pin SO-DIMM).

Standard RAM: 1 GB Maximum RAM: 6 GB*

1 GB of RAM is installed as a single SO-DIMM module.

Motherboard RAM: None RAM Slots: 2

Video Card: Radeon HD 2600 PRO VRAM Type: GDDR3

ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO graphics processor -- using PCI Express -- with 256 MB of GDDR3 video memory.

Standard VRAM: 256 MB Maximum VRAM: 256 MB

Built-in Display: 20.0" Widescreen Native Resolution: 1680x1050

This model has a 20.0" "glossy" TFT widescreen active matrix display with a native resolution of 1680x1050. Apple also reports a "typical" brightness of 290 cd/m2, contrast ratio of 800:1, and viewing angle of 160 degrees horizontal and 160 degrees vertical.

2nd Display Support: Dual/Mirroring 2nd Max. Resolution: 1920x1200*

Details: Apple reports that this model supports "digital resolutions up to 1920x1200" and "analog resolutions up to 2048x1536".

Standard Hard Drive: 320 GB (7200 RPM) Int. HD Interface: Serial ATA (3 Gb/s)

Standard Optical: 8X DL "SuperDrive" Standard Disk: None

Details: Apple reports that the slot-loading 8X "SuperDrive" with 4X double-layer burning (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW) "writes DVD+R DL discs at up to 4x speed, writes DVD-R and DVD+R discs at up to 8x speed, writes DVD-RW at up to 6x and DVD+RW discs at up to 8x speed, reads DVDs at up to 8x speed, writes CD-R discs at up to 24x speed, writes CD-RW discs at up to 16x speed, [and] reads CDs at up to 24x speed."

Standard Modem: None Standard Ethernet: 10/100/1000Base-T

Standard AirPort: 802.11a/b/g/n Standard Bluetooth: 2.0+EDR

USB Ports: 3 (2.0) Firewire Ports: 1 (400), 1 (800)

Details: Three USB 2.0 ports, one Firewire "400" port, and one Firewire "800" port (7 watts each). Apple advertised that this system has "five" USB 2.0 ports, counting three on the system and two on the keyboard.

Expansion Slots: None Expansion Bays: None

Incl. Keyboard: Apple Aluminum Keyboard Incl. Input: Mighty Mouse

Case Type: All-in-One Form Factor: iMac Core 2 Duo (Al)

Apple Order No: MA877LL Apple Subfamily: Mid-2007

Apple Model No: A1224 (EMC 2133) Model ID: iMac7,1

Battery Type: N/A Battery Life: N/A

Pre-Installed MacOS: X 10.4.10 (8R4031) Maximum MacOS: Current*

Minimum Windows: XP SP2 (32-Bit)* Maximum Windows: 7 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)**

MacOS 9 Support: None Windows Support: Boot/Virtualization

Dimensions: 18.5 x 19.1 x 7.4 Avg. Weight: 20 lbs. (9.1 kg)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: 20" Imac - Mint Condition

Hi MsDG, i'm interested in your iMAc 20", Would you be interested in £300, work in the Birmingham area, collection with cash possible?

Without sounding rude, could do with a quick answer as working away from tomorrow and if you accept, i would like to complete a quick transaction.

Thank you
    Last edited by stevezx636; 9th April 2013 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Unfortunately there would only be someone here on the late evening during the week or during the day at weekend.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MsDG View Post
    Unfortunately there would only be someone here on the late evening during the week or during the day at weekend.
    I'd be happy having it delivered? At the price your asking?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just to update, this imac is still for sale.

FAO mods...

After several PM's with Stevezx636, and making myself available last night and tonight for payment it has still not taken any definitive steps to do so... Plus after clarifying to Steve that the imac only came with the original 10.4 disks (as per original post) he tried to knock the price down (due to him having to purchase the latest disc's). it is for these reasons I am opening the sale back up. (can show pm's if needed)

2 Thanks given to MsDG

Bald Bouncer (11th April 2013),  Spennyboy (12th April 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Just to update, this imac is still for sale.

FAO mods...

After several PM's with Stevezx636, and making myself available last night and tonight for payment it has still not taken any definitive steps to do so... Plus after clarifying to Steve that the imac only came with the original 10.4 disks (as per original post) he tried to knock the price down (due to him having to purchase the latest disc's). it is for these reasons I am opening the sale back up. (can show pm's if needed)
    Really? Ungrateful tit...like I say, it's a snap at this price!!
    Recent Mac convert...

Thanks
    Karma Level

go on Pete.... you know you want it!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I have no use for it...like I say, using a Mac mini now which is better spec than this anyway...plus, I'm saving for a trek to Thailand and Cambodia in June so no treats...just shamelessly trying to promote your wares. That offer of commission is still on the table right...
    Recent Mac convert...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Pete View Post
    Really? Ungrateful tit...like I say, it's a snap at this price!!
    This is bit unfair, i said to MsDG, i was working away and would have limited access to internet at the beginning of PM's
    The only reason i asked to knock him down was the after a few PM, he told that it didn't come with the latest discs, not mentioned in original ad.

As i am now back, i have offered full asking price and just awaiting bank details before sending money to MsDG.

I don't want to be made bad guy in all of this, may be a new member but not here to cause trouble.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by stevezx636 View Post
    This is bit unfair, i said to MsDG, i was working away and would have limited access to internet at the beginning of PM's
    The only reason i asked to knock him down was the after a few PM, he told that it didn't come with the latest discs, not mentioned in original ad.

As i am now back, i have offered full asking price and just awaiting bank details before sending money to MsDG.

I don't want to be made bad guy in all of this, may be a new member but not here to cause trouble.
    Uh..yeh..sorry dude. Tit comment cheerfully withdrawn
    Recent Mac convert...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Pete View Post
    Uh..yeh..sorry dude. Tit comment cheerfully withdrawn
    No problem! Just after a fair chance! Appreciate comment withdrawn!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ughhhh, I think I've just thrown up in my mouth.
    All these years fantasizing about a bloke
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

6 Thanks given to GTI

blaggard (12th April 2013),  Ganty (13th April 2013),  JonEp (12th April 2013),  SiE (12th April 2013),  Welsh Pete (12th April 2013),  Zoots (12th April 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

We look after each other here, get used to it. . .Welsh Pete was right.
    If you are not able to follow up on an offer made best not to make it and yes, you are new, why would anyone trust you? no offence but why?
    And YOU were the one asking for a quick completion. . ... .
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    We look after each other here, get used to it. . .Welsh Pete was right.
    If you are not able to follow up on an offer made best not to make it and yes, you are new, why would anyone trust you? no offence but why?
    And YOU were the one asking for a quick completion. . ... .
    Fair enough, slapped wrist, yep i did ask for a quick completion due to working away.

I take it all on board, i'm not on here for the wrong reasons, all i'm asking now is for the bank details and the money will be in MsDG account.

Appreciate the feedback.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think what we have here, is a failure to communicate!

So from now on, except for the personal info, i would like to keep all communication in the thread.

The 1st point I would like to make, is that you should really think about the package you are buying and ask any questions before you commit to buy. Once you specify you wish to purchase the item, then reduce offers should not be made. However, as previous mentioned, I have no problem if you wish to back out.

Point 2 on Wednesday (after you had stated your PC failed and you needed a replacement urgently) I said in the morning that I would be available that evening so we could get the payment sorted and I could get the goods collected by a courier on Thurs (for fri delivery). You said "OK Great". That evening at 18:01, I sent a email... and I checked all night for a response. You never responded till Friday 8am, in which time it was to late to obvious make any payment arrangements or arrange a courier. Why say "ok great", then not be available... or not update me?

Point 3. You keep sending me replies to PM's without any new text (just the history from the conversation). Yesterday you sent me 3 PM's. One trying to knock the price down, the other two were just conversation history? This morning I received another message that was just history?

Point 4. Please let me know when you will next be online (from this evening onwards) and I will make myself available to sort out the payment.

3 Thanks given to MsDG

4me2 (12th April 2013),  blaggard (12th April 2013),  mc.dodd (12th April 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think what we have here, is a failure to communicate!

So from now on, except for the personal info, i would like to keep all communication in the thread.

The 1st point I would like to make, is that you should really think about the package you are buying and ask any questions before you commit to buy. Once you specify you wish to purchase the item, then reduce offers should not be made. However, as previous mentioned, I have no problem if you wish to back out.

Point 2 on Wednesday (after you had stated your PC failed and you needed a replacement urgently) I said in the morning that I would be available that evening so we could get the payment sorted and I could get the goods collected by a courier on Thurs (for fri delivery). You said "OK Great". That evening at 18:01, I sent a email... and I checked all night for a response. You never responded till Friday 8am, in which time it was to late to obvious make any payment arrangements or arrange a courier. Why say "ok great", then not be available... or not update me?

Point 3. You keep sending me replies to PM's without any new text (just the history from the conversation). Yesterday you sent me 3 PM's. One trying to knock the price down, the other two were just conversation history? This morning I received another message that was just history?

Point 4. Please let me know when you will next be online (from this evening onwards) and I will make myself available to sort out the payment.
    I am back at home now so whatever time suits you this evening? I will be online to sort payment out. Thank you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Having discussed some concerns to the moderator (bald bouncer) over selling at £300+ item to an unknown person on this forum and other peculiarities, I am opting to not sell this item to Stevezx636. I am sorry Steve it may be you are just having an off week but I do not feel confident that I can proceed in this sale in a smooth hassle free manner.

Therefore, again I am opening up this sale to anyone else.

2 Thanks given to MsDG

4me2 (12th April 2013),  blaggard (12th April 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hey MsDG,
    I think I might take it if you would consider shipping to Southern Germany using Parcel 2 Go? (I use a PO Box across the border to avoid the horrendous VAT the Swiss levy on incoming goods). If you enter the package dimensions, weight etc.. it will generate a price and then you can see if it makes sense for you.
    Cheers
    Karl

P.S the postcode would be 79576 (Weil am Rhein, Germany)
    Last edited by GTI; 12th April 2013 at 07:00 PM.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bloody hell, another dodgy foreigner. Can anyone vouch for this one?

Just to be clear, I would want payment in Stirling.... not stolen Nazi artifacts!

6 Thanks given to MsDG

4me2 (12th April 2013),  BFG (29th April 2013),  blaggard (12th April 2013),  Ganty (13th April 2013),  GTI (12th April 2013),  Mobileman (12th April 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bloody hell, another dodgy foreigner. Can anyone vouch for this one?

Just to be clear, I would want payment in Stirling.... not stolen Nazi artifacts!
    I take that as a yes then
    -Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast