Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention GTAV - Excited much???

Latest gameplay summary :

1. You can buy property; houses, garages and businesses can all be purchased for extra revenue sources.
    2. You can customise yourself with haircuts, new clothes, and tattoos
    3. Each character is rated in a series of skill categories: Stamina, Shooting, Strength, Stealth, Flying, Driving, Mechanic, Lung Capacity.
    4. Each character has a 'Special': Franklin is an adrenalin junkie and can slow down time while driving; Trevor has a frenzy mode, where he does double damage, takes half damage, and has a unique melee attack; Michael has his own version of bullet time
    5. Specials are governed by a meter, it drains after use and recharges slowly
    6. Other skill categories are shared and can be improved by completing missions, side missions, activities and more
    7. Trevor will always be the best pilot, Franklin will always be the best driver but each can improve their proficiency a little
    8. One of the skill categories is stealth, suggesting players will be able to take different approaches to missions
    9. Pay N Sprays can also mod cars with paint jobs, new wheels, window tints, grilles, spoilers. Upgrades to suspension, engine and brakes can also be made.
    10. Weapons can also be customised with laser sights, scopes, silencers, and high capacity magazines
    11. You can pick up hitchikers, do stunt jumps and flying challenges, take part in yoga, golf, tennis or bike races.
    12. Some boats will include gear such as wetsuit, flippers and tanks for diving
    13. An underwater ecosystem exits, "the sea is teaming with fish and sharks"
    14. Treasures can be found underwater, but NPCs will be looking for them too
    15. GTAV rewards exploration, there's no signposting underwater, so you'll have to find the treasure the hard way
    16. Dives won't offer massive payoffs, but will "help grease the wheels"
    17. The character selection wheel is split into four triangles: Franklin, Trevor, Michael, and your multiplayer character
    18. It seems there's a closer relationship between single and multiplayer. Simply pressing Down on the d-pad will drop the play in and out of MP.
    19. Rockstar has said it will reveal more on multiplayer in the future
    20. There are subtle differences in the way each character moves to reflect their personalities; Michael is slower and deliberate.
    21. Rockstar says there will be five times as many pedestrians in GTA V as there were in Grand Theft Auto IV
    22. There's a "crazy level of detail": Tourist buses can be boarded for a tour of celebrity homes, film posters are plastered on the walls, men in comedy costumes try to corner you outside the Cathay Theatre, including the Superman-like Impotent Rage and Master Chief riff, Space Ranger.
    23. iFruit, the game's new phone, can be used to snap pictures and upload them to Rockstar's Social Club
    24. The phone also has apps. In addition to the camera there is internet, contacts, social media, a calendar, and a replay missions app. There are three more Rockstar hasn't yet revealed.
    25. Michael's obsession with classic films translates into in-game set pieces based on real world movies. In the demo the three characters mount a heist very similar to the one from Heat.
    26. 'Mini heists' are used to teach the player about preparation. Players must secure vehicles, outfits, masks, the getaway vehicle.
    27. These build up to a bigger heist where the execut1on must be flawless. They'll require the right crew and players will have to decide on the cheap option, which results in less skilled people, or paying more for skilled crew members that will take a larger cut.
    28. You can switch between Franklin, Trevor and Michael during a cutscene, manually, or automatically when the AI takes control for you
    29. Each character has a job to do, how much you switch yourself in or let the computer do, is entirely up to you
    30. If you die the game reloads to the last checkpoint, even if two other characters are alive
    31. Although it's up to the player when they switch, dialogue will suggest ideal moments. For example, when Michael and Franklin are being overwhelmed by snipers, Michael might ask for Trevor's help.
    32. A combat roll has been introduced for moving between cover
    33. There is a wider field of vision, and players can run-and-gun

Other than where's the fucking jetpack - I'm in!!!

Video d/loads (hope links work)

Michael - http://goo.gl/hzpTl Franklin - http://goo.gl/EzUfK Trevor - http://goo.gl/NLxoZ

Just need those sweet limited special expensive edition details for an instant preorder!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: GTAV - Excited much???

Nope.

4 was shit, not bothering with 5.

Thanks to Mule

Bald Bouncer (3rd May 2013)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

After all the hype, it might be worth poking my nose in. Demo first though mind.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i cant wait, the trailers look great, was a little disappointed with 4 after San Andreas but loved TBOGT and TLATD which more than fixed the bits i disliked, this new one looks amazing!

had it on pre-order for a few months now
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i will like to get it bur money tight, gta is good but i just end up nicking cars and doin prostitues and it gets boring

Thanks
    Karma Level

I loved gta iv, and can't wait for this.
    The last game I played hard after gta was red dead redemption. I see a pattern here!
    Ooh, ooh, ooh, the funky gibbon.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I am looking forward to this.

Normally I stick with the xbox 360 version but considering the development time Rockstar North have had on it I suspect the PS3 may be the one to get this time round.

If they were released it on PC on Day 1 then I'd have that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I can't wait for this.

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    Nope.

4 was shit, not bothering with 5.
    ^^^ what he said x 10 to the n