Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sky News Ohio Women Found: Police Praise Amanda Berry

Three missing women held captive in a house for a decade make a dramatic escape

to freedom, as police arrest three brothers.

Three brothers have been arrested after three women who went missing separately about a decade ago in Cleveland, Ohio, were found alive in the same house.
    Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight disappeared in nearby areas of the city between 2002 and 2004. Officers believe they were tied up during years of being held captive.
    The three, who vanished in their teens or early 20s, were rescued after a neighbour heard Ms Berry's screaming and went to help.
    Police hailed her "bravery" and the women's actions the "ultimate definition of survival and perseverance".
    The suspects arrested in connection with the kidnappings have been named as Ariel, Pedro and Onil Castro, aged 52, 54 and 50.
    The property from where the women made their dramatic escape to freedom was just a few miles from where they vanished.

Ms Berry in hospital with her sister and a young girl also found with her
    The women appeared to be in good health and have been released from hospital after being taken there for checks and are back with their relatives.
    Authorities said they had no intelligence the trio were in the house, and police believe a six-year-old girl also found at the property is Ms Berry's daughter.
    FBI special agent Stephen Anthony said: "The nightmare is over. These three young ladies have provided us with the ultimate definition of survival and perseverance. The healing can now begin.
    "The families of these three ladies never gave up hope, and neither did law enforcement. As you can imagine, words can't describe the emotions being felt by all."
    Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson said there were still "several unanswered questions" about the case, and authorities stressed that as the investigation was on going, many facts could not be discussed.

Ariel Castro is one of three brothers arrested
    Police revealed they went to the home in 2004 for an unrelated investigation when school bus driver Ariel Castro had apparently left a child unattended on a bus, but no-one answered the door.
    Officers also visited the property in 2000 when Ariel Castro reported a fight in the street, but no arrests were made.
    Sky's US correspondent Dominic Waghorn, at the scene, said: "Neighbours say there were some unusual things about Ariel Castro - the fact that he keeps his ground floor windows boarded up with plywood ... and he used to park his school bus here during the day just to drop in and check on something, but never explained why.
    "But they say he seemed such a good man, and a good neighbour, they never suspected anything."
    One resident told Sky News that a family member saw a naked woman in the backyard of the Cleveland house where the women were found and called police, and that she saw a young girl at the attic window.
    Cleveland officials said Tuesday that they had no record of anyone calling about criminal activity at the house but that they were still combing their records.

A poster with images of Amanda Berry Ms Berry, who was 16 at the time, disappeared on April 21, 2003, when she called her sister to say she was getting a lift home from her job at a Burger King outlet.
    Ms DeJesus went missing aged 14 on her way home from school about a year after Ms Berry's disappearance.
    The third woman, Ms Knight, had been missing since 2002. She is believed to have been 20 at the time.
    The long nightmare for the trio ended when Ms Berry reached through a crack in the front door and called for help.
    Neighbour Charles Ramsey heard her screaming and tried to get her out through the door, but could not pull it open.
    So he kicked the bottom open and she crawled through carrying a little girl.
    Another neighbour Anna Tejeda said Ms Berry was nervous and crying, and dressed in pyjamas and old sandals.
    Ms Tejeda said she gave her telephone to Ms Berry, who then called police.

Gina DeJesus went missing on her way home from school In a recording of the 911 call, she told the emergency dispatcher: "I'm Amanda Berry. I've been kidnapped. I've been missing for 10 years. I'm free. I'm here now."
    She said she had been taken by someone - and begged officers to arrive at the home on Cleveland's west side "before he gets back".
    When police arrived, they found the two other women who were allegedly being held captive. They were also rescued.
    Mr Ramsey explained how he rescued Ms Berry, saying: "I hear this girl screaming and she's going nuts.
    "So I come outside and I know there's nobody supposed to be screaming next door to my house because there's no girl that lives in that house.
    "When I came to the front door and looked at her she said 'My name is Amanda Berry - please get me out of this house'.
    "She told the police, 'I ain't just only one, there's some more girls up in that house. So they go on up there ... and when they came out it was just astonishing."

The three women disappeared in nearby areas of the city Kayla Rogers, a childhood friend of Ms DeJesus, told The Plain Dealer newspaper: "I've been praying, never forgot about her, ever.
    "This is amazing. This is a celebration. I'm so happy. I just want to see her walk out of those doors so I can hug her."

http://news.sky.com/story/1087866/oh...e-amanda-berry
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ohio Women Found: Police Praise Amanda Berry

Amazing story... but i bet there is alot more to it...
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

Epic interview with the guy lol

2 Thanks given to Mr.James

beerman (7th May 2013),  prezzy (7th May 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Daybreak messed up and displayed the image of the little girl on their headlines this morning.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

That fella is a hero

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.James View Post
    Epic interview with the guy lol
    I knew something was wrong when a pretty white girl runs in to a black mans arms

I cant wait for someone to autotune him

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks to dannyboy

Mule (8th May 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

They reckon there are babies buried in the garden. Shocking. Nearly as bad as that German nutter...
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgunjim View Post
    They reckon there are babies buried in the garden. Shocking. Nearly as bad as that German nutter...
    Do you have a link to the source?

Thanks
    Karma Level

The 3 women speak out for the first time... I hope the dirty bastard gets raped on a daily basis for what he did.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

5 Thanks given to GTI

4me2 (9th July 2013),  Ashley (9th July 2013),  Bald Bouncer (9th July 2013),  beerman (9th July 2013),  BertRoot (9th July 2013)