Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Shit more facebook wank

Does anyone know why people have recently started putting links to other peoples facebook profiles in replies?
    It cant be just me, I've seen some people just post the name as a comment (which links to the page when clicked) or sometimes they go to the effort of giving it a weak disguise like "I cant wait for Johnny Peacock to see this", again with the guys name being a link.

WTF is this about? I can't see any fucking reason to do it.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: more facebook wank

I looked at Facebook on Saturday for the first time in six weeks and it was exactly the same pointless crap being posted all over again. I'm off for another six weeks.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you are discussing something, and wish the person you're discussing to see the post, then you can tag them in it. Simple.

I don't get people bitching about Facebook, their your friends, if they annoy you, block them, no more annoyance.

It's that simple.
    "That's why I fucked your bitch you fat mother fucker"

Thanks to BigBrand

Northernbloke (13th May 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrand View Post
    I don't get people bitching about Facebook, their your friends.
    Lol. That made me laugh. (">

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you tag them, they get a notification.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beansontoast View Post
    I looked at Facebook on Saturday for the first time in six weeks and it was exactly the same pointless crap being posted all over again. I'm off for another six weeks.
    Agreed; I stopped going on it last October and have looked at it a few times in the past few weeks. Still same shite.....possibly worse.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roach-Rampino View Post
    Agreed; I stopped going on it last October and have looked at it a few times in the past few weeks. Still same shite.....possibly worse.
    I blame the prolonged spell of cold, bad weather... it means more people staying in, posting more shit or noise.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

I use facebook to keep in touch with my two kids but other than that I have removed pretty much everyone who sent me a game request or a "join this group" request or "I've just entered a competition to get my private details harvested and not win an iPad" links. It's much cleaner now but still crap.

It will get even worse when they start rolling out the forced playing flash adverts! http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/d64419a6-b...44feabdc0.html

When people ask me to add them on FB my flat answer is "I don't use it" and they look at me like I'm a psycho or something! no sir... I think you will find it is you that are the psycho. They probably just want someone to send Candy Crush invites to bwahaha.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoB View Post
    When people ask me to add them on FB my flat answer is "I don't use it" and they look at me like I'm a psycho or something! no sir
    I created a FB account for the sole purpose of voting for Cyprus' photo on some wank Lidl competition. Hopefully he's still enjoying his tinned ravioli and processed German cheese
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

3 Thanks given to GTI

cyprus (13th May 2013),  Ganty (13th May 2013),  Roach-Rampino (13th May 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Facebook is mainly for people posting they just had a shit, thinking people actually give a fuck about their life.
    "woke up this morning banging head" who gives a fuck and what makes you think i give a fuck?
    games I instantly block, i have minimal shite on my profile which facebook keeps reminding me i need to complete so they can target their advertising shite at me better.

But on the plus side, I make some nice pin money selling computers without any fee's what so ever.
    Only in Britain….do we use the word “politics” to describe the process of Government. “Poli” in Latin meaning “many” and “tics” meaning “bloodsucking
    creatures”

Thanks
    Karma Level

surely theres better ways to highlight something to a friend, are they just being fucking lazy and saving their finger from an extra click?

that explains my question anyroad.

As for facebook, I set all my contacts bar a few to only show important posts, so it shows absolutely nothing from them. On the odd occasion I have manually gone to their wall or whatever it is now and seen what a sorry collection of posts are on there.
    I only use it as its the best way to keep in touch with family, much to my annoyance they check Facebook far more frequently than emails and so on.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I tried a little experiment of my own about six months ago. Some woman I know who - fair enough - has a fantastic pair of boobs posted some crap up like "my daughter just asked for tuna & cheese on toast - yuk!" and the replies flowed forth from what I'd loosely describe as a shower of cunts. This woman is one of those that would put a status like "pissed off!" to fish for attention.

Anyway, I thought, I'll see how many people would rather look at a hundred photos I'd taken of Chernobyl and see how many people would rather talk about some big titted offsprings' lunch or talk about some photos of a reasonably interesting tour of a world famous semi-abandoned site. No prizes for guessing which topic won. I like big tits and I like tuna melts but uncultured fuck-heads can swivel as far as I'm concerned from now on. [/moan]
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

2 Thanks given to beansontoast

Ashley (13th May 2013),  beerman (13th May 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I befriend no-one and have a false name but find it a useful tool after a night out..The wank bank of the tenties (I don't know what this decade is referred to) is far better than the wank bank of the 80's/90's.

Afterwards I feel seedy.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was talking to a young relative this morning, who wants a career in digital marketing, and was trying to describe what a forum was. The easiest way I found was by describing it as 'like Facebook, but instead of telling each other what we had for lunch, we share information.'

I went on to inform him that everything I'd learnt about technology, web dev, online marketing etc. was as a result of online forums.

Was he more enlightened? Not really. He seem perplexed that I had survived for this long without a Facebook account.

Thanks to CzarJunkie

Bald Bouncer (13th May 2013)