Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: PS4 to support used games

I just have no enthusiasm for next gen consoles this time around. Never mind second hand PS4 games, I think I'll be playing all the second hand PS3 games I still haven't got around to.

Next gen consoles just fills me with dread at the thought of even less reliable games (crashes etc.), incomplete games trying to make more from DLC and everything being multiplayer (fuck off other people, leave me alone.)

Thanks to Mule

Goldberg (11th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

M$ have never done well in Japan, this is a move that will hurt them..

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/11/x...paign=Engadget

If you thought November 2013 was too long to wait, bear a thought for Asian gamers who will apparently have to wait those six months, plus an additional twelve, to pick up their Xbox One. According to Alan Bowman, Microsoft's Regional VP for Sales and Marketing in Asia, the new console will launch in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea and India around late 2014. (Note the lack of Japan on that list, we're still checking with Microsoft on that.) These are all regions that have been marked as gaming high-growth areas by Microsoft -- the VP added that the Xbox 360 became the top-selling console in Asia this year. The company's also pointed to its next-generation Kinect sensor, one that will work in "dramatically reduced" room spaces and, according Bowman, will be better attuned to Asian gamers who might not have living room space in their homes.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Considering that in Japan Microsoft sold 365 XBox 360's last week compared to Sony's 11602 (According to vgchartz) I would think it's a good move. Obviously not enough anime tie in games on the 360 for the far east markets. By doing this the core of their customers (EU and USA) will have enough stock hopefully. No point sending consoles to a country that get excited about the Japanese games that come out on the PS3 and never make it to the western market.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

Online multiplayer on PS4 will require a PS Plus subscription, confirmed in the video below produced by Sony demonstrating physical disc game sharing on PS4. Existing PlayStation Plus members – or even those who sign up from here on out – will find their subscription extended to PS Vita, PS3 and PS4.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I can't believe Sony are swinging their dicks around over a 'feature' such as the ability to play s/h games, its been standard since games fucking existed. Typical petty fucking behavior from them and it could easily back fire if developers are seeing more profits on the xbone.

They seriously need to fire their design people too, sure, the design doesn't really matter but that thing looks like a pile of shite and a good design doesn't hurt sales.

The pricing of the PS3 is going to hurt MS though and I wouldn't be surprised if : a. they planned on making it higher before MS revealed their price and b. MS drop theirs to suit.

Thanks to {{909}}

Goldberg (11th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.James View Post
    I see a big shift in favour of Sony with this gen. 73% of US X360s have never been online. There's 27% of their sales handed straight to Sony right there alone.

Seems that after PS2 Sony thought they were top of the food chain and could do anything they liked. They got complacent about it and X360 made them sit up and take notice. Seems like MS have got a lot of things wrong as most of the buzz at E3 is very negative about Xbox One according to the feed I was watching last night.

That doesn't mean much though, there will be people like me who has more than one Xbox of which none get connected to the internet because I only use it for single player games. If I have to connect it all the time to do that I will so there's a bunch more connected, if that takes care of updates so much the better. That's why my PS3 rarely gets a look in because when i do sit down it's like an hour before I can do anything due to the updates.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Buhahahahahahahaha! What I have just realised is the majority of people posting here will be itching for a hack/Mod to come out.

This means: Second Hand games? What about First hand games! As for putting it online, the hack will get around this and the console will never go online just like the one (360) you have now.

Thanks to Goldberg

Rick Sanchez (11th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    the hack will get around this and the console will never go online just like the one (360) you have now.
    Mine goes online But that saying I only play BF 3 and Fifa.. Black ops 2 not so much now (All bought)

Got Star trek the other day but wish I didn't, good job its a borrow and I can give it back

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've wondered regarding the 24 hour online thing with MS. What happens if/when some hacking group forces them to shut the servers for days or weeks, just like what happened to the PSN Network? Every single Xbox One sold would now be a brick for games. The servers on Xbox Live still aren't great at the best of times, so MS must be putting a lot of faith into them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    I've wondered regarding the 24 hour online thing with MS. What happens if/when some hacking group forces them to shut the servers for days or weeks, just like what happened to the PSN Network? Every single Xbox One sold would now be a brick for games. The servers on Xbox Live still aren't great at the best of times, so MS must be putting a lot of faith into them.
    I can see a rethink coming on the 24 hour thing to be honest, I think Sony have bluffed them into a lot of the moves with the second hand games and internet connection so suspect things might change.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I do have two mates that don't have broadband. They update off game discs and bring their Xbox round to mine when they wanna update their dashboards.

Another mate of mine doesn't have his connected to his broadband either because his front room can't pick up the wireless from the phone socket.

So what if 22% of PS3s may never have been online... 22% of PS4s may never be taken online either.

You're the one who's deluded if you think that people will not buy a console that has to be connected to the internet. 100 million Americans don't have broadband. Is any single one of them going to buy an Xbox One?

http://www.digitaltrends.com/web/why...peed-internet/

I'd guess that it's these people who are the 22% and 27% of Americans that have never connected their PCs to the Internet.
    Last edited by Mr.James; 11th June 2013 at 03:18 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

But you have to buy the 'eye'...
    Where did you get that from? I've not seen it listed as a requirement. One of my mates reckons the eye isn't required.

Thanks
    Karma Level

What I meant is, if you want one, you have to buy it as an add on. the One comes with Kinect (the equivalent).

So if you are comparing package for package, the £80 saving is not true.

Thanks
    Karma Level

What I meant is, if you want one, you have to buy it as an add on. the One comes with Kinect (the equivalent).

So if you are comparing package for package, the £80 saving is not true.
    So if I don't want a Kinect, how do I get a refund?

Kinect has never interested me. All my mates have got one for their kids. I'm not interested in the slightest.

If Xbox One did a package without Kinect we could compare that price against the PS4, but they don't, so their equivalent package to the PS4 is still £80 more expensive.
    Last edited by Mr.James; 11th June 2013 at 03:25 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

..... Fanboi alert

M$ have shown that Kinect is required not only for games but also in using the console from Day to Day. It has facial recognition to sign you into your account etc...

What your saying is like buying a new TV that comes with batteries, however you would like a refund because you want to put your own rechargeable ones in... Or the the Scart adapter that comes with it (like my Samsung) will never be used, so I would like some money back for that too.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    I can see a rethink coming on the 24 hour thing to be honest, I think Sony have bluffed them into a lot of the moves with the second hand games and internet connection so suspect things might change.
    Can they do that though? The whole point of the 24 hour thing was so that the Xbox can be instructed to delete your second hand game. If they took that out people could just install every game as new and keep playing offline for as long as they like.

Thanks
    Karma Level

..... Fanboi alert

M$ have shown that Kinect is required not only for games but also in using the console from Day to Day. It has facial recognition to sign you into your account etc...

What your saying is like buying a new TV that comes with batteries, however you would like a refund because you want to put your own rechargeable ones in... Or the the Scart adapter that comes with it (like my Samsung) will never be used, so I would like some money back for that too.
    I own an Xbox lol

It's nothing like that. It's like saying I don't want a Blu-ray DVD remote as I'll never use it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

M$ Said Kinect is a requirement to the One. Remember this is M$ and they want to push things like Skype etc...
    You would never go out and pay £80 just for Kinect to use Skype on your TV, just like you owuldn't go out and buy it for the 360 now if you look back at what it actually had to offer.

I can think of many add-ons that never really made it with the Majority of them Nintendo! But Kinect games were not really very good (well Maybe Fruit Ninja was a laugh, for 10 mins). Sony Move.. Did that really take off? The Sony Eye Camera, again they kept bringing it out with the console, but what does it do?

But in selling the One with Kinect it does then open the door for developers using it in games without fear of people never been able to use it as everyone who owns a One will have a Kinect.
    When you try to sell an expensive add on, you have to weigh up the cost of development against how many people will actually be able to use it. With the One this will not be an option.

I have seen the Battlefield 4 Demo and I have heard how they are going to use 'Mobiles and Tablets' to assist people in games. Not everyone has a Smart Phone/Tablet so a lot of people will miss out on various features/Gimmicks.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.James View Post
    Can they do that though? The whole point of the 24 hour thing was so that the Xbox can be instructed to delete your second hand game. If they took that out people could just install every game as new and keep playing offline for as long as they like.
    Not sure as the plans at best are unclear, they have not really made it clear if you need the disk in the drive while playing as with the current system (unless I have missed that bit), I do think there will be a lot of activity in the Microsoft backrooms on this and some very worried faces as it does seem very much like they have alienated a high percentage of the user base or at least with the Sony announcements made them think they have an alternative they avoids these issues.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wow, poor Nintendo. Just read the stream from their conference...

Zelda Wind Walker!! Erm, hang on... they released that many moons ago.. What, releasing again but in HD?
    Smash Bros! You can play as the Villager from Animal Crossing! YEAH you heard me...
    Donkey K....

I cannot be bothered......

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast