• I'd rather play with my balls

30 20.98%
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: What are you getting PS4 or Xbox One

Quote Originally Posted by MsDG View Post
    How about having the option in the poll

"I'm a old fashioned kinda person who like to actually like to see and use the products to help make an informed choice before making my mind up... instead of listening to the corporate bollocks and generally being a fan muppet"

?????
    To be fair you dont really need to see, or use either of the new consoles to know what you are buying, its basically the same as we already have with more avenues for the manufacturers to milk us for cash. Everything we need to know to make an informed choice is available, or will be available to read in due course. It should boild down to the games each one has onboard, Forza/halo for the xboners, GT/whateveritis for the the PS4ers.
    Price to be fair isnt really a big enough factor to the average DFer.

By the looks of things, Sonys viral s/h game movie could define everything, which is a shame as its bollocks!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    You go on holiday to get away from all that crap (Well at least I do) and you already answered your own question with playing your xbox 360 and old games you haven't played before.
    We go down with a few friends and we take an xbox for some multiplayer fun, quite relaxing, yes i can take a 360 but i cant take the XB1 exclusive games

Im sure this a timed exclusive and will come out on PS4 when that runs out.
    The first one didnt and if Microsoft have paid for an exclusive (unless timed) i wont get it on anything else

You really think this would happen???? Microsoft go under? More chance of Sony/Nintendo and M$ putting their heads together and releasing one console together.
    Honestly no i cant see them going under but they will eventually turn the servers off, or maybe they decide to abandon the console market if sales go shit, look at SEGA, no one would have guessed they would have left the console business but it happened

This will happen and does happen, old titles like Fifa 07 are no longer played so why have servers wasting away on that (I have most Fifa titles in my collection that are just gathering dust, wont make anything back on them and can't give them away.. Kids m8's just say "Nah ta, its not Fifa 13")......... Nothing lasts forever.

exactly my point but at least you can play them offline at the moment but on the Xb1 you wont be able to
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Dedicated servers for Xbox one make it a clear choice for me. Playing halo/cod/Titan falls on a dedicated server will be awesome and well worth the price of admission. Day 1 purchase for me.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox one for me and the only reason is i f@@king hate PS controllers and i looks like they haven't done much to change that..

Thanks to Tim.Lad

macmilm (14th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.Lad View Post
    Xbox one for me and the only reason is i f@@king hate PS controllers and i looks like they haven't done much to change that..
    I agree, among other things that is a deal breaker.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.James View Post
    Preempting the inevitable RROD?
    Dont get me going on the YLOD situation, At least M$ said yes they had a problem and expanded the warranty to 3 years...

Sony said fuck you, recondition machine for £135 please..

Thanks to AD

raelmadrid (14th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

heard a few reports from the e3 showfloor that sony is winning the controller battle :/

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox one for me or rather two as my nine yr old's wanting one too. The family sharing should be good for the game library. Going to pick up a ps4 at launch as well though as most of the mates are getting one but both systems are the dogs to be honest each one had a strong show but the xbox has always been my main console and always will be but looking forward to both for their respective exclusives.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm buying both, can't vote.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Neither for me.
    I think the current generation are powerful enough, and there is no need for the new ones, other than to extract money from our wallets.
    I'm predicting a console crash.

2 Thanks given to tronads

Mule (14th June 2013),  tigro (15th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

always had both(still do) from 1st xbox & ps1, but i think this time its PS4 only as me & the kids don't use the 360's anymore.but do hammer ps3 & the Wii.
    BUT Im Still A PC Gamer & always will be.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by raelmadrid View Post
    heard a few reports from the e3 showfloor that sony is winning the controller battle :/
    Was this from a mate of Mr james ?

2 Thanks given to Fear345

AD (15th June 2013),  I Black Belt (18th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Have much prefered the Xbox over the P$1/2/3 .. have hade both and the PS always ends up collecting dust !! Controller is for little girly jap hands and games are no better despite more power !!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post
    Sony managed to convince you that they hit the nail on the head, in reality they are pretty much geared to fuck us in the ass as much as MS are. They both want to charge us for s/h games but neither of them wants to be the leader.

Although that makes no odds in my decision, neither of them for atleast 12 months. There's too much chance of the hardware being fucked, the price may drop after 12 months and there may be a decent title available by then. I cant see any reason to buy one at launch and neither offer anything new or exciting that I cant play already, cheaper.

I think, in the eventuality I would go for a PS4, It still has the edge with the few decent japanese developed games that are left and at the moment plus I despise everything is doing to the gaming industry, even of Sony aren't far behind them. The days of me owning all the current consoles for the sake of it are over.
    Sony haven't convinced me of anything . I'm no fucking fanboy - I just want to play games . I've just moved house and had no Internet for 3 weeks - Xbox wouldn't have worked according to ms - reason enough for me . And - there's no denying ps4 has more computing power . Not that it will prob make much difference. Speaking of fan boys - df is full of Sony haters and with good reason - that doesn't make the rest if us Sony bum boys - somebody give me some positive info about the new Xbox and perhaps I will reconsider . Sony have always been total wankers and they are lapping up this huge feck up by ms I know . But - objectively ps4 looks better to me . Drunken blah over :-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

PS4 for me.

Buying a new game then selling on ebay is critical for me.
    £80 is a significant enough price difference.
    I kinda like the look of the PS4, but really don't like the look of the xbox one - it's like a honking black breezeblock, lol.
    I already have a 360, so I like the idea of having both an older xbox console, and a newer sony one (to get best of both worlds) - I'm not sure I would want a 360 and a One together.

So all working out nicely for me.

Shooooooo-ryuken!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by braymond View Post
    Sony haven't convinced me of anything . I'm no fucking fanboy - I just want to play games . I've just moved house and had no Internet for 3 weeks - Xbox wouldn't have worked according to ms - reason enough for me . And - there's no denying ps4 has more computing power . Not that it will prob make much difference. Speaking of fan boys - df is full of Sony haters and with good reason - that doesn't make the rest if us Sony bum boys - somebody give me some positive info about the new Xbox and perhaps I will reconsider . Sony have always been total wankers and they are lapping up this huge feck up by ms I know . But - objectively ps4 looks better to me . Drunken blah over :-)
    the game sharing with family is one thing i like the sound of, my brother in law and myself will hopefully be able to share our game libraries so we can buy less games between us if it works the way i think it will, ive already stated some of my annoyances with both systems (main one with PS4 being the controller) but the main problems is none of the systems have really wow'd me the price for either is more than i can really afford at the moment, however im sure when the time comes i will get an XB1 but it might be when they have had their first price drop

im also considering a Wii U as im sure they will drop in price again nearer xmas due to the release of the other consoles, some Mario and stuff might be a nice change
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Dont get me going on the YLOD situation, At least M$ said yes they had a problem and expanded the warranty to 3 years...

Sony said fuck you, recondition machine for £135 please..
    That's coz the ps3 failure rate was 10%, perfectly acceptable by modern manufacturing standards. Anything over that and you have to do something to rectify the situation.

Xbox failure rate was over 20% and they only reason they did anything about it was because the state of California took Microsoft to court over it. If California would have won, it would have cost them all the profit MS had made on Xbox and Xbox 360 worldwide. MS agreed to extend the warranty to 3 years so the case would be dropped.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fear345 View Post
    Was this from a mate of Mr james ?
    Lol. Where the fuck did that come from? The only guy I know at E3 is the VP of Activision and it would be unprofessional of him to comment...

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'll wait and see what they're like when they come out
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Won't be buying either at launch but will probably end up with both next year. Need a new TV unit first, the new ones don't look like they stand up?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast