Hahaha that's classic Goldberg
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: What are you getting PS4 or Xbox One

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    Amazon can remove books from your Kindle if they no longer have the rights to sell them even though you have purchased them.
    Not sure I believe this. I have books that I didn't purchase through Amazon synced to my kindle account and when I buy a new device they move across. So.... If I can keep books that I haven't paid for, I doubt they'd remove ones I did.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    Not sure I believe this. I have books that I didn't purchase through Amazon synced to my kindle account and when I buy a new device they move across. So.... If I can keep books that I haven't paid for, I doubt they'd remove ones I did.
    http://www.zdnet.com/why-amazon-is-w...ks-7000006385/

All the books on your Kindle are not yours. They belong to Amazon. All that cash you have paid was simply to access these books on your Kindle. You have not paid to own the books. If you want to own books, pay for physical printed books and get Amazon to send them to you by post.Other online providers have similar terms and conditions.
    Barnes & Noble “reserves the right to modify or discontinue the offering of any Digital Content at any time”. Apple’s terms and conditions state that “You acknowledge that iTunes is selling you a license to use the content made available through the iBookstore”
    Non of these terms state that you actually own the content at all. In each case the content remains the property of the supplier.
    Providers like Amazon, Apple and Barnes & Noble have structured their licences like this to protect themselves. If there is a catastrophic site failure that makes access to your books impossible, then you could sue for the return of your property. They would be liable.
    Granting a licence to use the books or use the software makes sense. These terms are to protect their investment in their site infrastructure and costs to maintain the site.
    To try and protect your investment on Kindle and Nook, you can try to remove the DRM from the book. Removing the DRM from the book puts you in contravention of terms and conditions and you then run the risk of having your account suspended. But you will have access to the books.
    Digital Rights Management is a huge issue for publishers and authors. I totally get DRM, the need to limit access to digital content after purchase and I get the need to protect copyright.
    I am a published author and I am delighted that I receive royalties for the books I’ve written that have been legitimately purchased. Why should the book that I spent months researching and writing, formatting and editing be available for free or downloaded on torrent sites?
    With the imminent demise of the printed book, we are going to have to get used to the way we purchase but do not own electronic goods. Whether that is virtual clothing for my Second Life avatar, a customised background image on Twitter or a premium account on LinkedIn, it is not really mine.
    I am renting the service just like I am renting the books I ‘buy’ on Amazon. And like any other service I rent, it can be taken away from me on a whim.
    I just have to get used to that thought.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok, I have to be honest. My Comparison earlier was slightly swayed towards the Xbox One...

I have re done it in the interest of fairness:

Attachment 27714

You missed out the "Need small girly Japanese hands in order to use controller" category !!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Damn! I knew I missed something.

Thanks
    Karma Level

So does the same apply to digital games bought off Microsoft? I.E. can they delete my DRMed game if they so choose?

One thing I'm sure of is that Sowny won't be able to delete a physical Blu-ray.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.James View Post
    So does the same apply to digital games bought off Microsoft? I.E. can they delete my DRMed game if they so choose?

One thing I'm sure of is that Sowny won't be able to delete a physical Blu-ray.
    You would have to read the terms and conditions in intricate details to find out. You may find that in the T&C you agree that A Sony rep will come over and fuck you in the ass if you disconnect the Kinect.
    DF Moderator

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.James View Post
    The 360's been overtaken by PS3 on units shipped now:

Fuck knows how that's happened... Everything seemed to go wrong for the PS3. Massively overpriced, far to late to the market, overly complicated cell based processor, memory architecture design flaws and their flagship GT5 delayed for over a year.
    Its called japan. If you exclude japans figures the 360 sold way more. They hated the xbox.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'll probably end up with both at some point but there's still several things that bug me...

Thanks to crazyal

Mr.James (18th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by SiE View Post
    Its called japan. If you exclude japans figures the 360 sold way more. They hated the xbox.
    Wiki says not. PS3 leading in US and Europe, admittedly 4 months difference on US figures but would still be about evens.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Console_wars

I don't think it's that the Japanese hate Xbox. More love PS because it caters to the Japanese game market. I remember tonnes crazy ass jap imports that never saw the light of day over here. Remember seeing some stat years ago that claimed the Japanese market has twice as many games to buy in Japan than was available in Europe/US.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    I'll probably end up with both at some point but there's still several things that bug me...

also no taking it anywhere without an internet connection unless an hour every 24 hours is enough. You can share games n stuff with 10 members on your xbox live account ANDDDDDD you can use it to change channels on your tv..bargain!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Haha. I don't go anywhere if there's no Internet. Yes... I'm that much of a nerd
    DF Moderator

Thanks to EvilBoB

Mr.James (19th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoB View Post
    Haha. I don't go anywhere if there's no Internet. Yes... I'm that much of a nerd
    lmao. I know that feeling...

Me and the Mrs have been looking at new houses this month and I've actually ruled out most of her choices based on broadband speed.

Thanks to Mr.James

ZX7R (19th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have BT Infinity 2. Getting about 70mb+ download speeds and pay for the top package.

Do I need it though... No. I download a couple of TV shows a week. It is nice they take a minute on SABNZBD but it takes us weeks to get around to them.

Sometimes you just have to have the best though. Hence ms and my Xbox One

Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh dear! Sony have fucked PS3's up with an update which is required to play the last of us:

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/weblo...3/0GvdbDTQjDg/

Planning on turning on your PS3 for some The Last of Us action tonight? According to a thread on the PlayStation Support forums, if you're prompted to install the latest firmware update version 4.45 then you may want to hold off for now. A number of owners are reporting their systems locks up while booting, although the problem may only affect users with hard drives installed that are 500GBs or larger. According to the changelog, it was supposed to allow users to select whether or not they want an in-game notification when a trophy is earned. If it is tied to user-replaced hard drives, it does remind us of the time v3.41 resulted in a few corrupted PlayStation 3 drives. Check the thread for more details, if we hear more from Sony then we'll let you know when it's safe to press OK.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh dear! Sony have fucked PS3's up with an update which is required to play the last of us:

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/weblo...3/0GvdbDTQjDg/

Planning on turning on your PS3 for some The Last of Us action tonight? According to a thread on the PlayStation Support forums, if you're prompted to install the latest firmware update version 4.45 then you may want to hold off for now. A number of owners are reporting their systems locks up while booting, although the problem may only affect users with hard drives installed that are 500GBs or larger. According to the changelog, it was supposed to allow users to select whether or not they want an in-game notification when a trophy is earned. If it is tied to user-replaced hard drives, it does remind us of the time v3.41 resulted in a few corrupted PlayStation 3 drives. Check the thread for more details, if we hear more from Sony then we'll let you know when it's safe to press OK.
    What does this have to do with Xbox one or PS4? it relates to neither

Thanks
    Karma Level

It means $ony are incompetent, who make the Space Station 4 and therefore is related. I am not buying a console from a company that does that (waits for fanboi backlash...)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoB View Post
    Regardless of that, doesn't the fact that you are handing over so much power to MS bother you at all? It wouldn't matter what product it was, it's costing US neigh on 500 quid to just turn the fucking thing on and MS can control any of the content that YOU have paid for. To me this is a massive step in the wrong direction and predominantly its all happening to prevent you from buying a fucking s/h game!

Bing snatches it for me. Google store your data!
    So you'd rather have a console cable of recording everything you watch on TV, browse on the net and even watch you jack off on the sofa with zero interaction from yourself than use google on a PS4?

Its not just the control MS have, imagine a situation when MS piss off anonymous or even a group with less self discipline and every single fucking xbone gets wiped.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have already said, games now days have little or no interaction what so ever (Ok COD and some of the others do). It is all FMV or Quick Time Events.
    So, the camera is there to record you. If you fall asleep then the One will wake see this and wake you up! Genius!

As for Google v Bing, don't be silly of course I use Google

As for wiping the Xbone, Bony have done that once themselves and appear to have done it again on the PS3 !

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's getting worse... PSŁ game of the fucking universe, lifetime, ever and ever and ever is getting a slating on Penny Arcade today:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/20...enny+Arcade%29

Open your eyes people, it has to be M$ all the freaking way!

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast