Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Police in new warning as more deadly ecstasy pills found in city

Police have renewed a dangerous drug warning after a fresh batch of fake ecstasy pills was found in Aberdeen.

The tablets are linked to those believed to have caused the deaths of seven people across Scotland over the past two months and contained the same toxic chemical PMA.

PMA is also known as Dr Death as it causes hallucinogenic and intoxicating effects but can also cause complications that can kill those who have ingested it.

Earlier this week an 18-year-old from West Dunbartonshire became the latest person to die after taking the drug. The pills in the Glasgow area were green in colour and stamped with a distinctive Rolex logo. It is believed the Aberdeen pills are a similar colour but stamped with a Heineken logo.

The new batch was found as Police Scotland issued extra warnings to young people planning to travel to T in the Park. It will be the first time the single national force has been responsible for policing the festival.

Aberdeen's Chief Inspector George MacDonald said: "The exact contents of these particular pills are unknown at this time.

"What we have found is that they contain more than one class C drug as well as another dangerous substance, PMA.
    "Public warnings have been issued recently in relation to the dangers of taking ecstasy, or indeed tablets being passed off as ecstasy.
    "The impact of taking a drug you do not know the exact content of can be extremely dangerous and fatal in some cases.
    "Taking it just once can be one time too many and I would urge people to avoid any such pills or drugs and report any information to the police."

Link

This tickled me when I viewed the article. Wholly inappropriate advertising but did make me smirk -

3 Thanks given to BertRoot

Mobileman (10th July 2013),  Mr Slippyfist (11th July 2013),  Over Carl (11th July 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Police in new warning as more deadly ecstasy pills found in city

as long as they keep them in Scotland, I don't see a problem.

Thanks to {{909}}

Over Carl (11th July 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

My wife had a few people suffering the I'll affects from these in Blackburn last weekend

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    VIP WOOP !

Thanks
    Karma Level

looks like the man in the red hat might have had a few
    Download my latest breaks and electro mixes or listen to Sellout Breaks FM

Thanks
    Karma Level

Testing kits? They've used them in hollland for years.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fuck testing kits. The best testing kit is a mate out with you who you give a couple to before you go the pub and check him an hour later and then see if it is safe.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I doubt a kit will tell you the strength just what's in it via a colour change, according to google
    Last edited by hxbro; 11th July 2013 at 02:50 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Testing kits pretty accurate actually: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma...ing_kits.shtml

They obviously only really fall down when there is a considerable mix of all manner of shite.

Having not done any pills in years, I can safely say if i did take another, I would test it fkin twice!

Berts method can work well! LOL!

The users are a hazard to themselves as well. Seems people now are often dropping multiple pills at a time, or many over a short period. You wouldnt do that back in the day... If you tested a pill by doing a half of it, i doubt anyone would die, regardless of what was in it.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

the testing kits are just colour indicators, strength can't be tested with the kit

it sounds like this batch of pills has a varying/badly mixed quantity of pma in, too much is lethal so erowid says
    Last edited by hxbro; 11th July 2013 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Strength can be tested by depth of colour and how quickly the reaction takes place - obviously not a truly lab accurate result but with experience you can get fairly accurate so I'm told.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post
    PMA is also known as Dr Death as it causes hallucinogenic and intoxicating effects but can also cause complications that can kill those who have ingested it.
    Balls, I'll swallow it and run a mile!