Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Turn 10 talks Forza 5 DLC - "we can add ten cars a month"

We've been talking to Turn 10's Dan Greenawalt again. This is getting to be something of a habit. Today's topic is Forza Motorsport 5's DLC strategy - according to Greenawalt, there's scope for a much greater and more comprehensive flow of updates and add-on content. Monthly car packs, a la Forza 4? That would be a solid start, for sure. The developer can seamlessly update modes and events to support wilder DLC possibilities, such as Ford Transit vans you can race against hot hatches. "The game is very configurable," Greenawalt told us. "So we can add new tools and road locales and regions for like a van class. I think the diversity is a big part of our strength. We have incredible depth across multiple axes. We have the depth of our garage diversity - we do traditionally have SUVs, cars, trucks, racecars, all sorts.

"We have the diversity in manufacturers - it's not like we have 75 of some given manufacturer, we tend to really spread our bed across a lot of manufacturers. And we have a diversity of depth across time, because we do monthly updates of cars, because the car industry is always changing.

"So being able to do monthly cars allows us to do wild cards like the transit van," he continued. "And it's not like it was a strategy like 'let's add wild things later' - it just happens. We get interest in it, we talk as a team. The nice thing is the game is so configurable that we can add things at will. We can add ten cars a month, just constantly releasing stuff, and the game will rearrange itself."

Asked whether Turn 10 might dial up the pace of releases, Greenawalt was elusive. "Well, there is some stuff that we're going to be announcing later, that has opened up new options for things that we can add in, some new technology. So that we'll have to talk about later."

"As far as the actual architecture allowing us to deliver more, I wouldn't say that was the case - it's the frequency. We're very agile now with how we can deliver. "
    Turn 10 has also confirmed that you'll once again be able to edit and share car liveries, earning credits to spend in-game when you do. Acquiring liveries is now "completely frictionless", as payment has been automated - custom liveries can be "automatically served up via your preferences and no longer [require] a purchase via in-game credits". You can still manually search for liveries, however.

Forza 5 launches alongside Xbox One in November, and requires a free day one DLC update to function.

Source: Rheena.com

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Turn 10 talks Forza 5 DLC - "we can add ten cars a month"

It drives me mad all this monthly dlc. It's not cheap and I'll only want a couple of cars from it. I must have spent a fortune on Forza and then buying extra cars etc. At least you pay cash instead of having to buy 500 points when you only 10 points short.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta