Close

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Download Android 4.3 Factory Images For Nexus 4, 7, 10, Galaxy Nexus

The big day is finally here, with Google finally announcing Android 4.3 Jelly Bean as being the latest operating system for smartphones and tablets. The good news this time around is the fact that Google has not delayed the availability for Android 4.3 for its users – heck, you don’t even have to wait for an OTA update to show up on your Nexus device, as the factory images for all current Nexus devices – the ones to receive the update first and foremost – are available for download officially. We’ll provide the links right after the jump.

The images are available for download at the official Google Developer portal, and amidst binaries for earlier versions, includes Android 4.3 as well, as can be seen in the screenshot below as well.

The driver binaries for these devices with corresponding Android version (4.3) are also available at the portal, which can be found here: developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers, to be more specific. This is a double treat for developers who want to build on the basis of latest Android 4.3, as well as for advanced users who have the capability to compile for themselves. Either way, Google has taken one step in the right direction, and one that would be most appreciated throughout the Android fan-base.

Furthermore, Google is pushing Android 4.3 to Android Open Source Project (AOSP) today as well, making it even sooner for owners of Non-Nexus devices to get a taste of the platform, thanks to the large and capable Android developer community.

The latest announcements in Android 4.3 are more oriented towards better control of how you want to manage your device, considering how granular Google has went to allow a tablet owner in controlling what is being done on their device, and through which user profile. This direction brings Android devices even closer to how we interact with our personal computers, and is sure to gain a larger following for Android than where it is at now.

The latest version of Android is available for all recent/current Nexus models – smartphones and tablets included – and comes as a free update. You can download the official image files from the links we’ve added below for your convenience:

Note: The devices listed above are the only ones supported for the time being. And since the Nexus 7 2013 is, well, way too new, hence the factory image is not available to download, yet.
    We will definitely be doing a better review of what Android 4.3 has on offer for users in the days to come, so stay tuned.

(source: Google)

Source
    Last edited by evilsatan; 25th July 2013 at 01:04 PM.

Thanks to evilsatan

Zoots (25th July 2013)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Download Android 4.3 Factory Images For Nexus 4, 7, 10, Galaxy Nexus

Thought this would be of interest so a bump to get it into new posts

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Download Android 4.3 Factory Images For Nexus 4, 7, 10, Galaxy Nexus

I'm running ParanoidAndroid so will be waiting until that's updated. It'll probably be a few days maybe even a week yet.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Run PA rom myself but may go back to stock to give it a try.. run franco's kernel too which is probably what i would miss the most, but the speed he churns out updates i doubt it would be too long before his 4.3 update is ready.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by andmor View Post
    Run PA rom myself but may go back to stock to give it a try.. run franco's kernel too which is probably what i would miss the most, but the speed he churns out updates i doubt it would be too long before his 4.3 update is ready.
    From all the reading I did last week when the 4.3 leak was publicly available it was a bit hit and miss if an app worked on 4.3. I'll give it a week so everyone can update their apps etc then I'll give it a go.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Flashed this last night and all is well, all the apps i have tried work as normal so happy about that

Phone runs as smooth as it did before, just need franco's kernel and i'll be happier.

Not a lot appears different but have noticed photosphere seems to stitch the photos together a little better than before.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Done mine a couple of days ago. Buttery smooth and the maps app is great.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Did mine today. Can't notice any difference other than Splashtop Remote no longer works.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Plus... It has low power bluetooth which I mentioned in the Nike Jawbone thread.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Android 4.3, an even sweeter Jelly Bean, is available now on Nexus phones and tablets.

Restricted profiles limit access to apps and content, at home with your family and at work. Bluetooth Smart support makes Android ready for a whole new class of mobile apps that connect to fitness sensors. Games look great thanks to the 3D realistic, high performance graphics powered by OpenGL ES 3.0.

And there's a lot more new in this release:

Audio

Dial pad

• Autocomplete - just start touching numbers or letters and the dial pad will suggest phone numbers or names. To turn on this feature, open your phone app settings and enable “Dial pad autocomplete.”

Graphics

• OpenGL ES 3.0 - Android now supports the latest version of the industry standard for high performance graphics.
    • Wireless Display for Nexus 7 (2013 edition) and Nexus 10 - project from your tablet to a TV.

Internationalization and localization

• Additional language support - Android is now translated in Africaans, Amharic (አማርኛ), Hindi (हिंदी), Swahili (Kiswahili), and Zulu (IsiZulu).
    • Hebrew, Arabic, and other RTL (right-to-left) - now supported in the home screen, settings, and Phone, People, and Keep apps.

Keyboard & input

• Easier text input - an improved algorithm for tap-typing recognition makes text input easier.
    • Lower latency input for gamepad buttons and joysticks.

• Location detection through Wi-Fi - use Wi-Fi to detect location without turning on Wi-Fi all the time.

Networking

• Bluetooth Smart support (a.k.a. Bluetooth Low-Energy) - devices like Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 (2013 edition) are now Bluetooth Smart Ready.
    • Bluetooth AVRCP 1.3 support - display song names on a car stereo.

Settings

• Disabled apps tab - check which apps are disabled in Settings > Apps.

System

• Restricted profiles - put your tablet into a mode with limited access to apps and content.
    • Setup wizard simplification - getting started on Android is easier thanks to the ability to correct previous input, and because of streamlined user agreements.
    • Faster user switching - switching users from the lock screen is now faster.
    • Enhanced photo daydream - navigate through interesting albums.

www.android.com/about/jelly-bean/