Close

Thread: Gordon Ramsey

Thanks
    Karma Level

Rant Gordon Ramsey

I completely agree with the fragrant Mary Berry, I am tired of seeing that oafish cunt on the TV criticising everyone from fellow chefs to hoteliers.... what the fuck makes him think he can beat the gorgeous Alex Polizzi (Hotel Inspector and heiress to the Forte hotel empire) in that game?

Over exposed CUNT, he should fuck off to the US and continue to produce his crap there. I used to respect him for his cooking abilities, but he's probably lost that too given that he hasn't actually got time to cook any more

'I hate Gordon Ramsay's shows' – Mary Berry makes case for wholesome TV
    Great British Bake Off judge says she hates Gordon Ramsay's foul-mouthed shows and initially found Jamie Oliver irritating

Mary Berry, star of The Great British Bake Off. Photograph: Jonathan Hordle/Rex Features

Josh Halliday
    The Guardian, Tuesday 13 August 2013

The Great British Bake Off judge Mary Berry has said she hates chef Gordon Ramsay's foul-mouthed television programmes, and condemned TV more widely as "violent, cruel and noisy".
    She said her BBC2 baking show, which started in 2010, had been a success because it was wholesome entertainment for all the family.
    Berry said: "The Great British Bake Off is family entertainment. There aren't many programmes where all ages can sit and watch from beginning to end.
    "Everything else is violent, cruel and noisy. We're educational without viewers realising it. I hate Gordon Ramsay's programmes: I don't know if he's been told it makes good television."
    The 78-year-old served up praise for Jamie Oliver in the interview with the Radio Times, but said it had taken time to warm to him.
    "James [sic] Oliver is a joy. I saw him yesterday and he agreed that when he was 23 he was irritating, bumptious and over the top, but he's made cooking fun," she said.
    The Great British Bake Off returns to BBC2 on 20 August, when a fresh batch of amateur bakers will put their souffles to the test in the show's fourth series.
    Berry and her judging partner, Paul Hollywood, are the stars of an unlikely hit: last year's series finale had nearly 7 million viewers.
    But fans should not expect to see Berry swapping the kitchen for the BBC1 ballroom any time soon.
    "I'm a showoff, but only with things I do well," she said. "I won't do Strictly or any of those ghastly reality programmes. I'm a Celebrity would be the end. It makes me shudder."
    Berry, who has published 70 cookery books, said her programme also benefited from a lack of artifice.
    "We're immensely honest," she said. "Normally producers say it would be better television to have a mix of men and women in the finals, or someone from Scotland, but there's none of that."
    Bake Off's success is perhaps all the more of a surprise when compared with the reception for Simon Cowell's Food Glorious Food, a rival cookery competition which launched on ITV in February with fewer than 3 million viewers – Cowell's lowest-rating launch ever.
    Hollywood told the magazine: "I can't understand why Bake Off is so successful. The music is one reason, and the fact we're in a tent, which is like a circus. People gravitate to it.
    "Nostalgia is key – it reminds viewers of what they had as a kid. And baking is approachable. If you have a good set of digital scales and follow the recipe, it will work. Even international rugby players make fairy cakes."
    Hollywood's domestic life has come under intense media scrutiny as a result of his newfound fame: he recently left his wife of 15 years amid rumours of a relationship with his American Baking Competition co-star, celebrity chef Marcela Valladolid.
    The Merseyside-born Hollywood, who started his career at his father's bakery in Cheshire, denied that fame had taken its toll on his private life, but opened up about the effect of the public gaze on his separation. "I didn't think Bake Off would be like this, although you have to be an egomaniac to do it," he said. "Anyone who says they're not is kidding themselves. You couldn't put yourself in front of a camera otherwise.
    "I thought I'd spend my life making baguettes, muffins, croissants. I might have been happier if I had. One day I'll disappear and hide in a corner of Britain. I'll own a bakery in a village, live above it, have a big garden because I like mowing.
    "I want to get up when I feel like it, let people queue for my products and when they're gone, shut the shop and think about tomorrow. Creating magic – that's my dream. And I'll do it."

Source
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Gordon Ramsey

ooooo, Alex Polizzi. . . off for a quick Jostle. . . .
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    ooooo, Alex Polizzi. . . off for a quick Jostle. . . .
    Did you watch the episode of the Hotel Inspector where she was helping out a nudist hotel... and then in the true spirit of things she stripped off herself?
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

I met Ramsey and had a chat at the bar with him a few years ago in LA.

Was in a bar called the Village Idiot and it was when the Ash Cloud struck! Not much swearing and actually had time to stand and chat with us, a very different person to that on TV.
    But in terms of 'cooking' shows, I much prefer watching Oliver, Stein and some of the American shows on Food Network.

Ramsey has been branded a 'C**t' and will never lose that, he is worth too much (especially to the American market) at doing it.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    Did you watch the episode of the Hotel Inspector where she was helping out a nudist hotel... and then in the true spirit of things she stripped off herself?
    I remember the one where she was lounging in a towel on the bed in the Morning. . .pure filth!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    I met Ramsey and had a chat at the bar with him a few years ago in LA.

Was in a bar called the Village Idiot and it was when the Ash Cloud struck! Not much swearing and actually had time to stand and chat with us, a very different person to that on TV.
    But in terms of 'cooking' shows, I much prefer watching Oliver, Stein and some of the American shows on Food Network.

Ramsey has been branded a 'C**t' and will never lose that, he is worth too much (especially to the American market) at doing it.
    He does seem to be very much playing the part these days, the yanks love all that foul mouthed Limey bollocks. .

Thanks
    Karma Level

The Hotels From Hell series which is just about to hit Channel 4 is a failed series from the US which aired over there around 2 years ago. It's very similar to his Kitchen Nightmares series, but featuring small hotels and B&B's.

Like much of his US output it's clearly staged and leaves the viewer wondering who is the bigger cunt, Ramsay for having the audacity to wring out as much shit water from a tired and stale format, or the hotel owner for being an obvious failure.

Its also good to know that a good % of both the restaurants and hotels Ramsay has 'helped' during these painful series have failed within weeks of his visit.

He's a loud mouthed cunt of a man with a fervent desire to hear his own voice.

Thanks to CzarJunkie

cybollox (14th August 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Mary Berry, on the other hand, is a fucking goddess. I would happily fist her tired and dried mollusk into retirement. I'd even add my own saliva to save her from having to buy a bulk order of Chapstick.

3 Thanks given to CzarJunkie

beacytan (13th August 2013),  cybollox (14th August 2013),  ilscuro (14th August 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    Mary Berry, on the other hand, is a fucking goddess. I would happily fist her tired and dried mollusk into retirement. I'd even add my own saliva to save her from having to buy a bulk order of Chapstick.
    I am sure her attitudes to sex are pretty Victorian, the day after menopause it would have been separate beds and no more hanky panky thankyouverymuch Mr Berry.
    -Benjamin Franklin

2 Thanks given to GTI

ilscuro (14th August 2013),  Rhinoz (14th August 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Nah, she'd be pure filth, it would have to be sloppy Hollywood seconds though. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am sure her attitudes to sex are pretty Victorian, the day after menopause it would have been separate beds and no more hanky panky thankyouverymuch Mr Berry.
    Are you fucking nuts? The Victorians had it more than anybody. It's a common myth that sex was frowned upon during that era. Lets not forget it was the age of legalised heroin, coca1ne and absinthe.

Queen Victoria had 9 kids ffs. They were at it like Germans.

2 Thanks given to CzarJunkie

GTI (13th August 2013),  ilscuro (14th August 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Over exposed CUNT, he should fuck off to the US and continue to produce his crap there. I used to respect him for his cooking abilities, but he's probably lost that too given that he hasn't actually got time to cook any more

I'm afraid GTI it's time for you and me to part ways !!!!

Over exposed cunt Yes !!!!

But I believe his judgment on food no end !!!! Clearly you are a pot noodle swilling shirt lifting jock strap that has the culinary expertise of Rab C Nesbitt !!!!!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm afraid he lost his connection to food a long time ago, he has teams of people doing the actual work and just appears to do the swear over. . . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    I'm afraid he lost his connection to food a long time ago, he has teams of people doing the actual work and just appears to do the swear over. . . . .
    I didn't watch hell's kitchen to learn cooking, I watched it to be entertained, him screaming & swearing at someone constantly screwing up entertained me.

Sometimes people need a kick up the ass & he did it to my amusement!

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Anyone that can make a career and get paid for abusing Americans gets my vote.

Thanks to I Black Belt

cybollox (15th August 2013)  

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Except for Jeremey Kyle - Now there's a complete cunt.