Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Three abolishes roaming charges for seven countries

Three has announced that it has abolished international roaming charges in seven countries.

The service is available to Three customers travelling to the Republic of Ireland, Australia, Italy, Austria, Hong Kong, Sweden and Denmark.

European authorities have been clamping down on roaming charges.

But Three is the first network to abolish them altogether, albeit in selected countries, where it has sister networks.

Three says customers on a pay monthly contract would be able to use their allowances of free minutes, texts and data with no extra charges for being abroad.

However, those on unlimited plans will be subject to some restrictions.

In a press release,Thomas Malleschitz, marketing director at Three, said: "By abolishing expensive roaming charges in select countries, we are allowing our customers to get even more value from their minutes, texts and data abroad by removing the fear associated with staying in touch while travelling."

Analysts say that other operators of mobile phone networks are likely to follow Three's lead, particularly those who already have a presence in other countries.

Matthew Howett, a senior analyst at consultancy firm Ovum, says the deal from Three is also interesting because it applies to nations outside the European Union, where there has been pressure from authorities to lower roaming charges.

"Reducing roaming charges outside of that bloc will welcomed by many, since prices have remained stubbornly high in some countries," he said.

Source
    How about a positive LSD story? Would you like to see a positive LSD story on the news to hear what's it all about, perhaps? Wouldn't that be interesting just once?

"Today, a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves... Here's Tom with the weather".

Bill Hicks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Three abolishes roaming charges for seven countries

Don't quote me on this but I am sure 3 used to do this?

I certianly remember a few years ago looking into it for the company I was working at who's head office was in Sweden. Calls from 3 UK to 3 SE (and some of the other countries listed above) were free.
    I struggled to find it again later when my Sister moved to Australia and the wifes brother to Austria..

I know this is not the same, this is Roaming, but I wonder if they bring the calls one back also.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Three abolishes roaming charges for seven countries

Superb hope it kicks in immediately - I'm off to Denmark next month wooohooooo

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Tapatalk 2