Close

Thread: Back pain v2

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Back pain v2

ive suffered with osteo arthritis for a few years now but about a month ago I had a massive seizure, I don't know what I did during the seizure but immediately after it, when I left the hospital later that day I could not hardly move, took me 15 mins to get to car. the pain in my back/muscles was intense.

over the last month this has eased off but now I have this constant ache like toothache in my back, when I lay down in certain positions (like putting a pillow under my back) all my muscles in the top half of my back really hurt. plus like I said ive got this constant ache there now all the time on top of the osteo arthritis.

has anyone else had a seizure and suffered a similar thing with their muscles? if so, how long was it before everything went back to normal and the ache disappeared. its now doing my fooking head in
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Back pain v2

I know someone who tried acupuncture for his arthritis and he swears by it.... not sure if its a regular thing he has done or just had a few sessions then that was it... can find out

Thanks to macmilm

Detector (5th October 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I mentioned to you last time that I visited this guy - Golden Hands ,Medical Massage, Structural therapy. He and his type are not available on the NHS. I went to him after my doc told me
    "here have some strong painkillers.....oh and your situation will only get worse"
    (This was my gp to me). I was like a zombie and still in bloody pain. A friend came to visit me on an unrelated matter and saw the pain I was in and gave me this guys number - (My mate that gave me number manages local amature football team who all attend him when injured ect). I kid you not after 3 pretty painfull half hour sessions I was pain and drug free. He is obviously local to me but charges £25 for a half hour session.
    What I would advise is that you check your local yell.com or even local paper or whatever and find someone who does
    Medical Massage, Structural therapy
    . You may just find that it works for you or at the very least eases the pain you are in. He is NOT a chiropractor ....the service he and people like him do is completely different from what a chiropractor does. I have personally been pain free (It was a trapped sciatic nerve btw) for over 5 years now. The guy I mentioned advertises on the yell.com website...but he is up in north lanarkshire in scotland.....like i said try and find one near you and you may find it is what you need. Good luck mate.

Thanks to DavidF

macmilm (4th October 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thats good info DavidF.. I had sciatica for about 4 or 5 years and its a bastard to deal with... walk for 15 minutes brings it on 100%

Thanks to macmilm

Detector (5th October 2013)  

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    I mentioned to you last time that I visited this guy - Golden Hands ,Medical Massage, Structural therapy. He and his type are not available on the NHS. I went to him after my doc told me (This was my gp to me). I was like a zombie and still in bloody pain. A friend came to visit me on an unrelated matter and saw the pain I was in and gave me this guys number - (My mate that gave me number manages local amature football team who all attend him when injured ect). I kid you not after 3 pretty painfull half hour sessions I was pain and drug free. He is obviously local to me but charges £25 for a half hour session.
    What I would advise is that you check your local yell.com or even local paper or whatever and find someone who does . You may just find that it works for you or at the very least eases the pain you are in. He is NOT a chiropractor ....the service he and people like him do is completely different from what a chiropractor does. I have personally been pain free (It was a trapped sciatic nerve btw) for over 5 years now. The guy I mentioned advertises on the yell.com website...but he is up in north lanarkshire in scotland.....like i said try and find one near you and you may find it is what you need. Good luck mate.
    is he a midget and does he do extras?
    A wise man once said " "

2 Thanks given to Detector

macmilm (5th October 2013),  stevo25 (14th October 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Detector View Post
    is he a midget and does he do extras?
    pmsl

Thanks
    Karma Level

Missus had a full on eclamptic fits. With the muscle going in different directions, she broke both her shoulders. So it really depends how hard the muscle worked at the time to the extent of the damage I'm afraid.

Ted
    Lots of my repairs and pictures of retro stuff on my twitter.

https://twitter.com/Big_ted1?t=s9zEZ...Z-npEyeKA&s=09

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hmmm...like bigted said, the intense muscle activity can cause dislocations and fractures, although that would be unusual in your back. If you've got bad osteoarthritis, you might have done a disc or possibly fractured. Either way, probably best see your doctor and get it checked, cuz back pain is a bitch to sort once it gets established...

Thanks
    Karma Level

http://www.painresearchforum.org/new...study-suggests

BBC2 is reporting on this now on "Trust me,I'm a doctor"

Might be worth looking at if you can sign up for a trial if applicable to you.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.