Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Surround Sound Question

Quote Originally Posted by keyser666 View Post
    I have a one bed flat and used to have floor standing and seperates but just cluttered the room up. I have a Sonos playbar below my TV and 2 x Sonos Play3 as the rears. Give more than ample surround sound for films, sports, concerts etc and way more than enough for music. I got sick of the wired leads looking a mess and running under carpets and then round the sides and shit. I was looking for a wireless system for ages, Sonos were the only one for me, I have been hanging around for someone else to come out with a truely wireless setup but still noone else has bothered. The only thing you could get if anything were wireless rear speakers.

I can control all speakers through my ipad or iphone, stream music and videos through from my NAS, I wish I had done it sooner and have never looked back, coupled with Richer sounds guarantee, I have no worries.
    Wow that an expensive set up! You know sonos have just brought out the Sonos :1 and it comes with a free bridge.

I offloaded my Amp and speakers on here recently. An amp is the best solution but with the house move, constant moving around in rooms it was impossible to set it up to future proof any such move again!

I am considering a sound bar but the layout is not right in the room.
    I do have a Zepplin Air speaker which I might start to use for movies etc.. See how that goes.

A word on Onkyo amps, I know a few people with 609's (obsolete now) that have had the capacitor problem. They have most likely resolved this now though.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    Wow that an expensive set up! You know sonos have just brought out the Sonos :1 and it comes with a free bridge.

I offloaded my Amp and speakers on here recently. An amp is the best solution but with the house move, constant moving around in rooms it was impossible to set it up to future proof any such move again!

I am considering a sound bar but the layout is not right in the room.
    I do have a Zepplin Air speaker which I might start to use for movies etc.. See how that goes.

A word on Onkyo amps, I know a few people with 609's (obsolete now) that have had the capacitor problem. They have most likely resolved this now though.
    Yeah it is pretty expensive when you look at it but did not start out that way. Like I said I wanted a wireless system, by that I meant just wireless speakers, would have been happy to keep my seperates but it was the wireless speakers I wanted. I looked around everywhere and googled the hell out of it but could not find anything. I wanted preferably wireless satellite speakers rather than floor standing but totally no go.

I therefore started out with two play3's, did consider the 5's but heard them in Richer Sounds and were more than ample. This was about a year before the playbar came out and then I saw rumours they were releasing one. When it came out I waited to see what the reviews were like, dont know why because their kit was spot on, so sold my mordaunt short speakers and seperates and bought the playbar, so all in all not an expensive layout. I dont have the sub, I might get it at some point but dont know if I really need it because my lounge is rectangle and 4.5 x 5.5 and find it ample enough as is.

Edit: Oh yeah I saw that Richer sounds had the Play:1 with a free bridge, seem to be locking up the market now making it more affordable for people.
    Last edited by keyser666; 19th October 2013 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

What about the Sonos Sub. They are bloody pricey mind!
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12