Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Unlocking iPhone4

even with your orig sim in it will still confirm the unlock when connected to iTunes.

Thanks to ozy

Mr.James (7th October 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

All good then. Hopefully they'll pull their fingers out and sort it within the next couple of weeks or I'll be without a phone for a week or so... On second thoughts, that could be bliss lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

if it helps i got one i bought off the forums here unlocked via orange,. it took them all in about 14 working days
    i woke one morning to a message on my iphone saying activation needed.
    you just plug into itunes and you get the congratulations your iphone is unlocked message
    i think i used a different provider sim to connect to itunes with.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well what pricks Orange have been.

My PAC code expired on the 21st, my contract end date was 23rd so I called them back yesterday asking for another PAC code because my phone still hadn't been unlocked, so I'd not been able to transfer the number.

They tried trying to tell me that they're gonna extend my contract for another month. I told them that they never informed me that the phone was locked when it was purchased. They also never informed me that the phone would need unlocking when I called them to cancel the contract and clearly stated I was going to start using a competitor's sim card in the phone. The also never told me that letting the PAC code would re-activate my contract, they simply told me to call up and get another!

I told them I wanted them to issue another PAC code but that I would not agree to any further charges and I was going to be cancelling my direct debit at the weekend. I got my PAC code and took the sim out of my phone about 9pm on the original contract end date, with the intention of being phoneless until the switch had completed, which would be the 31st at the very latest.

I banged my details into the giffgaff site and arranged the number transfer date for the 25th which is the earliest it was possible... and just to take the piss, the unlock code has come through today. Orange have supplied it exactly one day after my contract has ended, 3 after the PAC has expired. I think they believe this entitles them to another month's line rental.

Anyway rant over.

My question is if anyone knows whether I can unlock a JB'd iPhone? It says this in the e-mail which makes me think they may block it?

Please be aware that if you have used an unauthorised unlock on your Apple device then Orange cannot be held responsible for any errors that may occur, as this procedure will not only be unsuccessful, it may damage the device. If you have modified the software please update with the latest Apple approved version.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Similar thing happened to me with 3. I called for a PAC, I used the PAC only to get a bill from 3 a month later.. They did not inform me that I was almost into the next billing cycle and even though I requested the PAC before the previous billing cycle, because of admin etc.. it would roll over regardless.
    I am sure the number transferred on the day of the end of the bill cycle but I received a bill for the full month!

What really pissed me off though was even after complaining that I was paying for a month and could not use the service I was paying for as the number had transferred, they told me it is what it is. I had some call centre guy, who I could not understand, actually shout at me telling me tough.

They are all the same. All of them.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks to Goldberg

Mr.James (24th October 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    Similar thing happened to me with 3. I called for a PAC, I used the PAC only to get a bill from 3 a month later.. They did not inform me that I was almost into the next billing cycle and even though I requested the PAC before the previous billing cycle, because of admin etc.. it would roll over regardless.
    I am sure the number transferred on the day of the end of the bill cycle but I received a bill for the full month!

What really pissed me off though was even after complaining that I was paying for a month and could not use the service I was paying for as the number had transferred, they told me it is what it is. I had some call centre guy, who I could not understand, actually shout at me telling me tough.

They are all the same. All of them.
    I'm just glad I've got to know about this prior to them direct debiting the account. I'll get it cancelled at the weekend so they can't steal the cash and when their call centre guy phones me, I'll shout at him and tell him tough... Karma's a bitch.

I told them on the phone I wasn't prepared to accept another month's billing. Knowing this, they fucked up issuing the new PAC code. They should have refused to issue the PAC code and cancelled my contract and number unless I agreed to it.

EDIT: LMAO. Your new Avatar's quality

Thanks
    Karma Level

It keeps changing I grabbed the best faces and upload a new one each day. The video has me in stitches! I hope she got her own back (and took a video).

Back to the PAC and cancelling, I had stopped the DD etc.. it was a nice letter in the post that drew my attention to it! I think I even wrote to OFCOM or whoever they are regarding mobiles and I got nothing back.. not even a reply to say thanks for your enquiry.

Won't happen again..
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks to Goldberg

Mr.James (26th October 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

once they have done the iphone connect it to itunes then put in another sim should be unlocked so you wont need to worry about doing a jailbreak unlock.
    bbshark. The Member with the first ever DF Fine

http://digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=451657

Thanks to bbshark

Mr.James (26th October 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well unlock went OK. Number transferred about lunchtime and now I'm on my new network.

I tried logging in to my online account today and it's been stopped so I'm wondering if, because I used the PAC code on the final day of my contract, whether they'll try billing me past it.

Anyway I'm gonna cancel my direct debit and pay what I believe is my final bill and see what happens. If they send me a letter I explain that I told their representative that I was not willing to extend my contract but he gave me the PAC code regardless. Therefore he was at fault for issuing it, he should have refused and reclaimed my number.

I'll then offer a 'compromise' payment of the line rental, pro-rata'd down to the amount of days that my number was still active on their network... So £2.50. But also that because their representative was at fault split it 50-50 and pay them half... £1.25. I'll then take out a recorded deliver charge of £1.60 and send them a cheque for nothing plus an invoice for 35p they owe for postage lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12