Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Man Utd have the best young player in Europe- he even looks like Cruyff:)

Watch Match of the Day tonight

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Man Utd have the best young player in Europe- he even looks like Cruyff:)

Quote Originally Posted by flypitcher View Post
    Watch Match of the Day tonight
    lol well i wouldnt go that far, i have seen him play during last seasons reserves and pre season this year and yes he is man united's best youngster but its a bit of a big claim to say he is the best in europe, i dont have a list of great youngsters around at the moment but i wouldnt claim he is the best he will probably be in that group of the top players. he still needs to bulk up a bit but technically a great prospect. cant wait to see more of him .

biggest bonus for me is that the arrival of this young man doing well (so far) means that we shouldnt see ashley young in the team lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Man Utd have the best young player in Europe- he even looks like Cruyff:)

And it looks like hes going to another club.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...er-United.html

Thanks
    Karma Level

He's got great potential and that arrogance that is needed to get to the top. But wouldn't place him at the very top after a great year for the youth team last year, best player in pre-season for united and our best player against a poor Sunderland team who could have easily beat us again today!

Just worry that another foreign youngster has started to break through who's future isn't secured to the club. Rossi, Piqué and Pogba have all left after being the best prospects of their time only to be lost to other clubs. Hopefully Moyes will see sense and give him plenty of game time as anyone would be better than Young. Let's get Zaha on the other wing too and get running at teams as we are seriously looking shite!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hmmm....Daily Mail so it must be true!
    One thing I would say is that having seen this guy more than a bit, he is far better a prospect than either Pogba or Fryers. I'd suggest this seaon is a toe dipping session for him and one or two first team appearences is nothing of evidence of potential-any young player would play his heart out like this.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Didn't you say something similar about Charlie Adam a couple of seasons ago, where's he now?

Thanks to ilscuro

Geko (6th October 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dainese View Post
    He's got great potential and that arrogance that is needed to get to the top. But wouldn't place him at the very top after a great year for the youth team last year, best player in pre-season for united and our best player against a poor Sunderland team who could have easily beat us again today!

Just worry that another foreign youngster has started to break through who's future isn't secured to the club. Rossi, Piqué and Pogba have all left after being the best prospects of their time only to be lost to other clubs. Hopefully Moyes will see sense and give him plenty of game time as anyone would be better than Young. Let's get Zaha on the other wing too and get running at teams as we are seriously looking shite!
    well i think the rossi and pique situations were different, but i agree about this could go the pogba way, need to tie the lad down and get him on a decent contract to stop other clubs sniffing around him before he actually gets a real run of games. i think if other clubs start sniffing around it will also get in his head and distract him from developing too.

i also agree they really need to get zaha out and playing on a wing, i think he is a lot more direct than adnan, a bit more of an old school winger and also phyically developed too so can handle the rigours of getting kicked around a bit, and the good thing about the emergence of these guys is that it has put pressure the regulars who need a bit of a reality check and shown that they are no longer automatic choices. massively surprised we have not seen zaha so far, he had a good pre season looked really good, fitted in well, was running at fullbacks and getting in good positions, so hopefully moyes doesnt loan him out and actually uses him more

Thanks
    Karma Level

Pique and Rossi didn't get the game time really to make the step up, but proved there worth elsewhere pretty immediately. Rossi was unfortunate that the players in front of him at the time made it so hard to break through. Pogba was the type of player we have needed for ages. Fergie knew he wanted to play and his agents wanted a high wage for him, but the managers stubborn side ended his old Trafford career. I have already read and heard stories from the people around the club that Adnan's being poorly advised by people around him.

Watching yesterday's game as well as previous games this season shows how poor a midfield we have. Just compare any of Chelsea's midfield, Arsenals midfield or Cities midfield first team players this season compared to ours. Would they snap up Carrick and put him ahead of any of their players if he was free? Dortmund are desperate to have Kagawa back and he isn't fancied at all by Moyes. Yet isn't he a Fabrigas type player? Too late to alter things now the transfer window is shut but the cracks have been there for a few years. The Adnan rise is a massive bonus as Valencia, Young and Nani are another problem!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

What I meant by the pique and Rossi situations being different was that as you said Rossi had some great players ahead of him, as did pique, you have to remember that's when rio and vidic was pretty damn formidable and he was always going to go running when barca came calling. We just lost him on the cheap, something like 6million. But there is no way we could have held him back any longer than we did and there was no way fergie was going to break up that partnership at the back up either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanks
    Karma Level

You've gotta remember that Fergies son is the lads agent, he's going nowhere.

The club just need to agree terms, which I'm led to believe is almost sorted.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Manchesterr View Post
    You've gotta remember that Fergies son is the lads agent, he's going nowhere.

The club just need to agree terms, which I'm led to believe is almost sorted.
    Is Fergies son called Dirk De Vriese then?

No thought not.

Source 1
    Source 2

Thanks
    Karma Level

This lad has started 1 EPL game for United.

Yes he scored 2 very good goals.
    Yes he has potential.
    & Yes he did dive to win a penalty....

However he has a long way to go before you can start making statements like 'best player in Europe'. Remember when Macheda came onto the scene and scored the winning goal against Villa. What's happened to him now?

Other teams I feel bringing through much better talent but not getting any mention?

Barkley - Everton
    Gnabry - Arsenal
    Berahino - WBA
    Townsend - Tottenham

Thanks
    Karma Level

Utd will have to break the wage structure for youth players to keep this lad, few teams circling him only in the first team to try and get him to sign. Pogba all over again here

Thanks
    Karma Level

Seen the lad a few times this season, yes he looks good. Yes he has scored a couple of great goals. And yes he has 'Potential'.
    So, let's see him fulfil that 'Potential' before we get carried away... Even I have had a good game of footy in my time!

This ludicrous talk of him playing for England on his last game FFS.. The England team has too many 'Potential' players... Wellbeck (shite, watch him lose the ball at every opportunity on Friday), Barkley, Townsend to name a few. For me they need to prove them selves first for their clubs. We focus too much on getting them the Caps so we own them, but this just messes with the balance of the team.

I will revisit this thread in 5 years time - 9th October 2018 by which point England will have won the world cup in Russia with the tidal wave of 'Potential' players we have and all of the above mentioned players still in the squad...

*EDIT*

I have set a Google Calendar reminder for the date!
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24593561

Adnan Januzaj: Man Utd midfielder signs five-year deal

Manchester United midfielder Adnan Januzaj has committed his future to the club by agreeing a new five-year deal.
    Januzaj, 18, scored both goals in his first competitive start for the Premier League champions in their2-1 win at Sunderland on 5 October.

"It's a great thrill to be able to sign for Manchester United," the Belgium-born player told the club's website.
    United manager David Moyes described Januazj, who arrived from Anderlecht in 2011, as "truly exceptional".

Januzaj's contract had been due to expire in the summer meaning he could have left Old Trafford for a minimal compensation fee as he is under 24.
    "It's like a dream," added Januzaj, who excelled in United's youth and reserve teams after joining as a 16-year-old. "Since arriving here I have always felt like this was the right club for me."

Although named as a substitute in Sir Alex Ferguson's final game in charge of United in May, he has played a more prominent role under Moyes and has impressed since appearing as a substitute in the Community Shield win against Wigan in August.

"He is an outstanding talent," said Moyes. "His balance, poise and ability to beat players is truly exceptional for a boy of his age."
    Januzaj's new deal means United have potentially avoided a repeat of the situation that saw highly-rated midfielder Paul Pogba move to Juventus once his contract expired in 2012.
    The 20-year-old has gone on to become a regular for both the Serie A champions and France.

Uncapped Januzaj is still to commit to an international team and is eligible for the country of his birth, Belgium, as well as Albania, Serbia or Turkey through his parents and grandparents.

Belgium coach Marc Wilmots said he had been told the player had made no decision about who to represent after he tried to call him up for the recent 2014 World Cup qualifiers against Croatia and Wales.

England manager Roy Hodgson also told Match of the Day that he had been monitoring him.
    Under governing body Fifa's rules, Januzaj would have to wait until 2018 to represent England, assuming he remains in the country until he turns 23.
    But the chances of that happening appear slim, as England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales voluntarily agreed to opt out of the residency rule in 1993.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

the only good thing about this is that the speculation ends and he can concentrate on playing football and developing, he is at the right club for that but then its all up to him now on how good he is going to be and how focussed he remains, nice to see he has started again today is doing well from the stream i am watching. the good thing with him i have seen is that there isnt any panic with the ball and he doesnt waste the ball. if he cant do anything with it he will keep it simple.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Seen this and it reminded me of this thread.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/02...adnan-januzaj/

Basically says that Januzaj's not bad, but Raheem Sterling's better so far this season.

Site's obviously gonna be biased towards Sterling but the stats speak for themselves. Some of it could just be down to the fact that Sterling has a better team around him though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm a United fan, and I'd say Sterling has been far better.

Janujaz only looked so good, because our midfield was so shit, so anyone making any kind of run forward was a fucking thing of beauty compared to Carrick, Giggs & Cleverly.