Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Sii - Game stuck on Euro costs

The bloody time waste that is Candy Crush. Took sim out of phone, went to France, since being back, I get all notifications of top ups in Euros. I never buy them, but why is this happening and how do I change it?

Have rebooted phone many times.

Cheers.....Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sii - Game stuck on Euro costs

Have you tried logging in and out of the Play store? Usually the currency is linked to your account? What about your time-zone settings on the phone?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Time zone correct. Never logged in. DO it through PC and remote download. Will check that out through, clearly a link with phone. Sounds like a good call. But if sim was not present, how does it log into play account? I was on GPS only.

Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

did it connect to an open wifi hotspot while you were there.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes, I did connect to Wifi (the B&B's one). I have since connected to my home and work wifi, I have logged into Playstore and even changed my gmail and play store details to and back from another. No luck.

Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not got an Android anymore but from what I remember they seem to have a lot of settings deep down for regional stuff.
    Might not be just Candy Crush, could be a lot of other apps too?

Can you save your progress to their servers now? If so it might be worth removing the app, download again and log in.

Failing that, our product manager and department manager here both left about 6 months ago to work for King in London (I went for a 'chat' recently too ). Candy Crush is not their only game but I can certainly get in touch with one of them who can ask the developers.

*EDIT*

Is your Candy Crush linked to your Facebook account? Did you log into Facebook when away?

In my office (London) we go through servers in Holland (I do not know why either). I logged into Twitter recently and it changed my location to Netherlands... I was getting adverts in Dutch etc.. on the iPhone app until I logged in and changed it.

If you have logged into Facebook when away it might have done something similar? So it is worth checking Facebook location settings to see if you have moved from the UK to France!

Failing all of the above and before I get in touch with one of the guys, try here?

http://about.king.com/candy-crush-saga-faqs/en
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok.

I got app manager
    I turned off wifi (even though not connected)
    I turned of Data
    I restarted the phone (setting stay)
    I then used App Manager to flush the cache
    I restarted the phone
    I connected to data
    I restarted the phone
    I played the game
    I now get £'s

I have no idea at what point is any of the above fixed the issue. I also dont know any I got so miffed by something I don't even use (purchase).

Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

Must have had something stored in the cache..

I looked on the King Forums and some others have had the same issue with no resolution.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bloody stupid!

It is likely to eb one of those glitches that might not even have an obvious fix, a separation of area/country or preferred currency perhaps.

I do wonder how much money they make from the additions. As a reuslt, I have none of these power ups or anything. I'd love a fully opened up one.

Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sod it, back again to Euro's. Now I am really stumped. But just going to let it be!

Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

Right I might be having a beer with one of the guys from King tonight, if he turns up I will quiz him.

When you goto the Play Store is it also in Euro's or Pounds? Did you check your Facebook like I mentioned earlier?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am not hooked on FB on it. I never go to the play store, it is when you can select the number of lives to buy another 5 or buy those power up things.

Look at you, meeting the King!

Fancy smancy...

enjoy!

Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

Buhahaha, he is hardly the king, he is a product manager and the current product he is working on is their internal workings.

They have grew much much bigger than originally projected and are hiring like no ones business... Problem is as soon as they get bought by an EA or Facebook decide to ditch them and make their own money making 'Candy Crush' then there will be a lot of peeps looking for jobs...

I think the Candy Crush game is developed in Barcelona, but he should know someone who can help..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    Problem is as soon as they get bought by an EA or Facebook decide to ditch them and make their own money making 'Candy Crush' then there will be a lot of peeps looking for jobs.
    Indeed. It is cut throat in so many industries. I have two friends in Google. Very different jobs and roles and more than safe, but it si a very work very hard with a little play. Or thats the impression I get.

I have always been bemused on what jobs these companies can offer.

I was listening to a BBC blurb about piracy and games and how apparently, if piracy did not exist (at least in its supposed current state) then these free to all games, with in app purchases would not exist. EA are looking at how to try and go down this route apparently.

Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yep, I heard that on the radio this morning. However it is a bold statement to make saying that the likes of Farmville, Candy Crush etc... would not exist if it was not for the bad guys pirating games... DLC/IAP would have happened regardless..

Personally I do believe that games like COD should be hugely reduced in price to £10-£15 as the majority of people buying them will only be buying them to go online and shoot other kids in the face and buying the additional map packs later. I know EA tried something similar before by selling online passes and it backfired on them, but then they were charging full whack for the games and although you generally got the online pass free with a purchase, you had to buy one if you bought the game second hand. We saw how that failed and they retracted.

I honestly believe that in the future something like an OnLive will be the norm. Lose the Physical Hardware and sell your own Set Top Box that connects to the Nintendo/Sony/Xbox service. I understand this is what Steam may be looking into and Sony have just released the Vita STB which is a start.
    They are missing a trick at the moment not putting something like OnLive into Smart TV's...

Times change, we are mostly Old Skool who love our hardware but consoles are not like they used to be. The sound of ejecting a SNES cart, the hours of blowing on NES carts in order to stop the screen blinking and the game working. The Next Gen Consoles are trying to put as many media features into the boxes because most of the games are going to be installed onto the boxes and with the One even rendered online and therefore justifying the cost of a piece of hardware that is essentially a storage device with media pass through.

A lot of ideas have happened in the past and failed because they were ahead of their time, but I think they need to revisit some of them. For me I would like to see Next Gen be a service on the Smart TV and I can then purchase whatever pass I want... Sony bring out a game I want to play I will buy a 30 day Sony pass etc..
    But until Microsoft and Sony stop spending mega bucks getting the exclusives for add on map packs for the likes of COD then we are going to be stuck in this cycle for the next 15/20 years.