Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Npower fined £2m for not giving the tiniest shit how unhappy you are

Npower fined £2m for not giving the tiniest shit how unhappy you are

Utility provider Npower has been fined £2m for continually posting your complaints to the office notice-board for all the staff to laugh at.

Ofgem said Npower has not been taking customer complaints seriously, after it realised that the sort of people who phone to complain about Npower really aren’t worth bothering about.
    An Ofgem spokesperson said, “£2m is a significant punishment for a company that makes £300m in profit in just six months. Oh yes it is.”
    Npower have reacted with complete indifference to the fine, pinning the notice from Ofgem next to a letter from Simon Matthews complaining that they’ve got her on the wrong tariff, and an email from Dave in Accounts containing a load of Jimmy Savile jokes.
    A spokesperson said, “What you have to remember is that with all the money we’re making, your individual problem is about four or five levels below the internal negotiations over the tea-making rota.”
    “If a £2m fine makes everyone feel better about this, then great. Book us in for the same again next year.”

Npower fined £2m

Customers have said they hope that the fine will at last get the energy supplier to begin feigning interest in their complaints.
    Margaret Trollope told us, “I called last week to tell them they’d got my bill wrong, but halfway through my complaint the person I was speaking to let out a massive yawn.”
    “Apparently my issue was ‘tedious’ and I should really try harder to make it interesting if I want an entire minute of their attention.”
    “Do you know where I can buy a gun?”

http://newsthump.com/2011/10/31/npow...happy-you-are/
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

2 Thanks given to 4me2

Mr Slippyfist (22nd October 2013),  Over Carl (21st October 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Npower fined £2m for not giving the tiniest shit how unhappy you are

£600 million profit a year and they are putting there prices up 10%. Fucking shocking!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Npower fined £2m for not giving the tiniest shit how unhappy you are

I really don't get why these sort of companies are fined in the first place, it's the customer who'll pay it eventually anyway.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Its elasticity of demand I am afraid these types of things are inelastic which means demand will not fall by much however much you put them up :-( and of course the energy firms seem to be a cartel and rather than the competition between the companies should fight to keep prices down they all seem to miraculously need to put them up.

As Burner says Fine them and the user will pay, need to get them fighting each other to drive prices down like you do with fuel now and again, there's always 1 petrol chain that drop prices by 5p or something and the rest have to follow.