Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

goodn Bruce Campbell Confirms 'Army Of Darkness 2' Is Happening!!

Last month Evil Dead remake director Fede Alvarez told us that original trilogy director Sam Raimi was now focussed on making Army Of Darkness 2. Now it seems as though Bruce Campbell is confirming both his involvement and the fact that the movie will happen.
    He told the crowd at Wizard World Nashville Comic Con, ““The last one was twenty-two years ago. I just haven’t been racing to do it. Sam Raimi is just a little bit busy making the biggest movies in Hollywood. I used to be busy. Now I’m not. That’s why I’m here. He then joked, “Ash would have to stop occasionally from chasing some deadite to catch his breath. Maybe we could do that, I guess. That would be exciting. Fight in a walker. That would be alright. Hit them with my cane. Fake them out, have a fake heart attack, distract a zombie. I like it.
    But the whole thing isn’t a lark. He ended up on a more serious note and apparently came clean, “Alright sir, the answer is yes.
    I’ll be the first one in line.
    http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...-is-happening/

5 Thanks given to Mule

AD (22nd October 2013),  Goldberg (23rd October 2013),  macmilm (23rd October 2013),  prezzy (22nd October 2013),  TJB (23rd October 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Bruce Campbell Confirms 'Army Of Darkness 2' Is Happening!!

Woop. Hail to the King baby.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Groovy

Thanks to TJB

BertRoot (23rd October 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

So, in effect Evil Dead 4?

DJ OD

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Give me some sugar baby!!!!!!!!
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Dead or alive, you're coming with me!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    So, in effect Evil Dead 4?

DJ OD
    Depends how you count...

Evil Dead 2 was more a remake/reboot than a sequel, which would make AoD the 2nd one if you leave out reboots, and AoD2 really just Evil Dead 3.

Unless we're counting reboots as part of the franchise, so add in the original and the recent ED movie and AoD2 becomes ED5.

Either way I think it's gonna suck balls like the last ED movie. Took itself way too seriously.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm still gutted they gave up on the prequel to 'Bubba Ho Tep'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457295/?ref_=nv_sr_4

;-(

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by macmilm View Post
    I'm still gutted they gave up on the prequel to 'Bubba Ho Tep'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457295/?ref_=nv_sr_4

;-(
    As part of his question and answer session after screening My Name Is Bruce, Bruce Campbell said that he will not be returning as Elvis for this film as he and director Don Coscarelli "couldn't agree on what the movie should be about".

Really? If only more actors were like Bruce Campbell & Don Coscarelli !! The amount of rubbish out there which is an excuse to give Brad Pitt and the likes a pay day just because people will goto see the movie as they are in it...
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Glad they are not gonna 'just make it' though ... would rather they don't bother if they can see it is gonna fail.... I just loved the first one is all

Thanks
    Karma Level

hope he'll be the main star and not just do a cameo.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    ...which is an excuse to give Brad Pitt and the likes a pay day...
    Wow. I'd say Pitt's prob the best actor of his generation.

Thanks to Mr.James

Rhinoz (23rd October 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.James View Post
    Wow. I'd say Pitt's prob the best actor of his generation.
    World War Z .... have you read the book / seen the movie? The only thing that is the same is the title!

Thanks
    Karma Level

World War Z .... have you read the book / seen the movie? The only thing that is the same is the title!
    Got it but not watched it yet... I've seen the South Park piss take though, about it being great apart from the ending?

A movie that doesn't follow the original book storyline is the choice of the screenplay writers and director rather than the actors.

Even if is acting is substandard in WWZ what about Snatch, Fight Club, Se7en, Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Troy, Thelma and Louise, Inglorious Basterds, True Romance, Oceans' Trilogy, Interview with a Vampire, 7 years in Tibet, Sleepers, Legends of the Fall? etc

Thanks
    Karma Level

A fan then are we...
    You missed Mr & Mrs Smith.
    Last edited by Goldberg; 23rd October 2013 at 04:16 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wouldn't say I was a fan, just seems he has a knack of ending up in great films...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Bruce Campbell Confirms 'Army Of Darkness 2' Is Happening!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.James View Post
    Wouldn't say I was a fan, just seems he has a knack of ending up in great films...
    BUT... Surely he must have had a say on the adaptation of World War Z and knew that it would receive criticism from fans of the book as it seriously did not have any resemblance to it other than the name of the character and the title of the movie.

I understand they probably wanted a platform to create a movie and thought that with the rights of a popular book available they would do the tie in. Most movies are 'based on' books, I guess it does not necessarily need to be the content but only the title.

What about Will Smith then? I am legend... Movie was very different to the book... When this happens it annoys me, I have took the time to read the book, look forward to the movie and I am then disappointed by the movie and or the ending.

King for example, so many of his books that the ending was 'tweaked' and in my view seriously harm the story:

The Shining - Although one of my favourite books & movies, the ending has been changed to a Disney Ending.
    The Mist - Yet again a Disney Ending.
    The Running Man - Yep, a Disney Ending..
    Current TV mini series that was meant to be a mini series but has now been commissioned for another Under the Dome - Should have ended.... and guess what is different about this one - the book actually ends with a Disney Ending!

I guess I have gone off topic but trying to get back on topic, my point is that the Actors should know what type of reaction the movie/TV adaptation will receive when they change HUGE parts. The ending for me is probably the most important part of the movie and I fail to understand how that benefits a movie. It is almost like sticking two fingers up to the author of the book and telling them they got it wrong.

So I will stick with the fact that these guys are there for the money and not the artistic praise that they could receive. And therefore I praise Bruce for doing what he did with Bubba-Ho-Tep prequel (or not).
    Last edited by Goldberg; 23rd October 2013 at 04:38 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got to +1 The Running Man is a terrific book and compelling read, considering it was written over a weekend! I enjoyed the movie but the book was fantastic.

I would like to see Bruce Campbell have a starring role, and as much as I like the early evil dead movies, I think the action/comedy feel to Army of Darkness was a great direction to take the series.
    "Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein

Thanks to flukesy

Goldberg (23rd October 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I should add I enjoyed the movies for the most part, I just get annoyed by changes!

Thanks
    Karma Level

BUT... Surely he must have had a say on the adaptation of World War Z and knew that it would receive criticism from fans of the book as it seriously did not have any resemblance to it other than the name of the character and the title of the movie.

I understand they probably wanted a platform to create a movie and thought that with the rights of a popular book available they would do the tie in. Most movies are 'based on' books, I guess it does not necessarily need to be the content but only the title.

What about Will Smith then? I am legend... Movie was very different to the book... When this happens it annoys me, I have took the time to read the book, look forward to the movie and I am then disappointed by the movie and or the ending.

King for example, so many of his books that the ending was 'tweaked' and in my view seriously harm the story:

The Shining - Although one of my favourite books & movies, the ending has been changed to a Disney Ending.
    The Mist - Yet again a Disney Ending.
    The Running Man - Yep, a Disney Ending..
    Current TV mini series that was meant to be a mini series but has now been commissioned for another Under the Dome - Should have ended.... and guess what is different about this one - the book actually ends with a Disney Ending!

I guess I have gone off topic but trying to get back on topic, my point is that the Actors should know what type of reaction the movie/TV adaptation will receive when they change HUGE parts. The ending for me is probably the most important part of the movie and I fail to understand how that benefits a movie. It is almost like sticking two fingers up to the author of the book and telling them they got it wrong.

So I will stick with the fact that these guys are there for the money and not the artistic praise that they could receive. And therefore I praise Bruce for doing what he did with Bubba-Ho-Tep prequel (or not).
    I couldn't care less how closely films followed books to be honest. My mate got all anal about the lord of the rings trilogy. But if they'd stuck all that tom bombadill shit in the first one I prob wouldn't have bothered going to the cinema for the other two.

I actually prefer movies to be a little bit different anyway. If I've already read the book, I want them to mix it up a bit somehow. No film is ever gonna be better than how I imagined it anyway so they may as well try and surprise me.

Proper lol'ed at your Stephen King - Mist comment... King actually preferred the movie ending and said that if he'd have thought of it, he'd have used it!

Ultimately actors don't get any say in what's happening in the movie, that's purely down to the director. If an actor doesn't like it they can quit. Some directors will take ideas on board or change the script. But a lot of others won't, trusting that script and screen play writers are better at writing scripts and screen plays than the actors.

Admittedly for WWZ, Pitt's production company played a huge role in the ending. They shot a movie with an ending that sucked balls, then spent $200m re-shooting another ending that also sucked balls. But that doesn't change the fact that he is one of the best actors of our time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast